According to Google, mobile search is growing much faster than desktop search, in fact, it’s grown so fast that it’s even beating Google’s predictions. Google recently announced changes to their SEO ranking algorithm (Ranking factor) that significantly improves the experience of using the web on smartphones. Perform mobile optimization test to check your website is mobile friendly or not.
The goal of these changes, to improve search results for smartphone-friendly websites and penalize sites that make mobile browsing difficult and generate bad experience for the google user. So, how can you make the most of Google’s mobile SEO ranking algorithm and ensure your mobile site isn’t being punished? Follow Google’s recommendations, understand the impact for e-commerce and publishing sites, and be well aware of common pitfalls for mobile SEO. In this definitive guide to Google’s new mobile SEO rules, I’ll highlight the key ways you can optimize your website to take advantage of these recent changes. If you find yourself on the wrong side of the mobile explosion, no worries. This article will put you on the path to a website that plays nice with mobile visitors. Here i mansion some mobile optimization test. You have to perform this test to make sure that your website are run smooth on mobile.
Mobile optimization test to check the status of website
There a List of test to check which error run on you website are.
- First of all check speed of your mobile website on google speed test.
- Second check how is look, your website on different format of screen
- third check your theme is responsive or not by run on different different mobile (virtual mobile machine) .
know you have been seen, the status of your website. Today i will tech you how you can fix this problem to make your website Mobile friendly.
What is Mobile Optimization?
Mobile optimization is the process of ensuring that visitors who access your site from mobile devices have an experience optimized for the device.
Every year people spend more and more time on their mobile devices and tablets rather on computer, but many websites still aren’t designed to account for different screen sizes and load times. Perform mobile optimization test takes a look at site design, site structure, page speed, and more to make sure you’re not inadvertently turning mobile visitors away.
Here’s Google’s criteria for a mobile-friendly website to sure that your website will not suffer in future.
- Avoids software that is not common on mobile devices, like Flash.
- Uses text that is readable without zooming.
- Use good theme ( responsive theme).
- Places links far enough apart so that the correct one can be easily tape.
- Site speed – loading time of 5 seconds or less.
- Big, mobile-friendly buttons.
- Quick access to business contact information.
- Links to the company’s social media profiles.
- Information in just one or two clicks.
- A search bar that is easy to find and use.
- One-direction scrolling, either horizontal or vertical, but not both.
Having to scroll and zoom is frustrating to mobile users. In fact, 61 percent will leave your site if it’s not mobile-friendly. and go to a competitor’s whose is. Not sure whether your site is mobile-friendly or not? Use Google’s mobile-friendly test page to find out. If it fails, you’ll see this
If your website new and at least 4 month old, then you easily pass this test but after long time, may be after 6 month your website fail to pas this Test. Because your website become heavy loaded with plugin data, not fully optimize content, badly coding of theme or due to not fully image optimization etc. So better to start today to make your website mobile optimizable. Once your website fail in this test, it is very difficult to rebuild website. I already seen some critical seen in which people have to loss all their data and start again from initial level. Today i will teach you how you can take care of your website or make your website more mobile optimizable and reduce the risk of penalize form google as, I already told you.
How to optimize your website for mobile
- Avoids software;- Do not use software base application on website like some video format required plugin to play online. That plugin not support on mobile, So it create negative defect on your site. I personally recommended you not use flash, git image or any incriminated ( moving image) on website.
- Uses text that is readable without zooming;- Size of the text should not be too small. Never write post in “Heading 5 or 6” . Avoid to use Heading 5 or 6 as much as possible because it is good for desktop user but mobile user not able to read properly or click on it.
- Use A good Theme (recommended);- First and major problem with mobile optimization is theme. Maximum people randomly select the theme with out checking this, is it responsive theme or not. Generally mobile peed test fail due to bad theme or badly packing code of the theme. The second reason to fail in test is, heavy theme ( which have more color full, feature ,template, ads, plugin etc and specially background wallpaper, these all increase the loading time of your page and some time not load properly according to user screen ).There are plenty of mobile ready themes in the WordPress directory for free and there are also some nice paid ones.
here is a list of theme which is good and responsive
After select Good theme activate in on your site and perform mobile optimization test, you will see drastic change on your site performance.
- Places links far enough apart:- On computer it is very easy to click on link with the help of mouse. But when we talked about mobile, the whole clicking process change. The distance between the two link is very important and the size of the link. you can run test to check your link are well placed or not on google page peed test. The distance between the two link should be 2 cm and the size of the link must be greater than 7 mm.
- Site speed;- The loading speed of the page must be lie in between the 2 to 3 second. you can check the speed of your page on pingdom. You can reduce the page speed by image optimization, improve WordPress speed and by making seo friendly url. When you fix all these it take 2 to 3 day to show your result of speed and after 2 day apply mobile optimization test to chech page loading speed and you will see the speed of your website decrease form 5 sec to 2 sec.
- Big, mobile-friendly buttons:- As i already explain make your download button option large so that user can easily click on it. For example make calling button large so that user easily and find and click on it.
- Quick access to business contact information:- Provide right information on your website so that your user can easily find you. Provide Google Business location on map so that people can find thorough mobile. Google consider Right information in google Ranking factor.
- Links to the company’s social media profiles;- Provide Link on your Social profile in footer of the theme, So that stay connect with you, use elegant theme which provide responsive footer according to your mobile user.
Here is list of responsive theme which is used by professional blogger
Theme for Blogger.
Theme For Magazine
But i personally recommended go with elegant theme because they provide all plugin and very good technical help to support your theme. They provide all 83 themes in just $69 and full access to all new theme design by elegant workshop . That is pretty good package of all type like theme for blogger, news, fashion , magazine etc. You ca also apply mobile optimization test to check the speed of theme.
- Search Bar:- Provide search bar in the top of your website and as well as in the footer so that mobile user don’t need to crawl your page to fin search option.
Adopt a responsive design
Make a addition change in your website like reduce ads from page, use small size image etc. So that user can easily load the page with out any hard work. So basically if your website is not mobile-friendly then you either fix it (if the changes are not a lot) or change to a mobile responsive theme. This is the approach recommended by Google and used by the majority of the websites on the web.
- Redesign drop-down menus: They still work on mobile, and can be a great way to hide information until it’s requested, but they often open only when you hover a mouse cursor over them. Mobile drop-downs should be activated with a tap, and the menu should show clear separation between options.
- Give enough space for a finger: Fingers aren’t as precise as mice. Fingers obscure what they’re tapping, you can’t give any indication that they’re hovering over the right option before they tap, and they tap a larger part of the screen than a mouse. Make sure that you always have a space of at least 28 x 28 pixels around links on your site for clumsy fingers.
- Use buttons: Buttons clearly define where users can or cannot click to activate the link. Since, unlike on a desktop display, you can’t use any signals to tell them their mouse is hovering over the right area, it’s more important to define the clickable space.
- Use mobile-specific features: The difference between main sites and mobile sites adds opportunities: for example, you can make all of your phone numbers click-to-call, and turn your address into a link for navigation.
After check the speed from mobile optimization test this guide line help you to reduce the speed of page.
Common mistakes with mobile friendly websites
Here is a list of google’s common mistake with mobile optimization before mobile optimization test.
- Need some work on responsive design website;- While adopting a responsive design is the way to go, this does not mean that you are done when you apply a responsive theme. You need to test your website thoroughly on mobile and try to improve the user experience. One of the things you can consider is hiding certain parts of the website from mobile users.
For example, the sidebar in the majority of responsive themes appears below the main content on mobile. What you need to think is whether users ‘have to see’ the sidebar contents or maybe this is too much vertical scrolling for them and it only adds more items on the page without any real value.
- Lack of conversion optimization;- Passing the mobile friendly test and having a fast loading responsive website is a great first step but this does not ensure that you will also get conversions from mobile. you need to review your mobile pages and analyze your ‘call-to-action’ areas. If your design pushes your buttons, product offerings, or other important areas of your website down the page, then you need to make changes so that these are closer to the top and visible to the user without having to scroll too much. You also need to make it easier for users to perform an action.
For example, if you are selling products, then provide them with one-page checkout, if you are getting their details, make it easy to input data (large text boxes, pre-loaded with values dropdowns etc.).
- Forgetting ‘Click to call’ Users on mobile have a phone in their hands, don’t forget that. Whenever you have a mobile number on your mobile website, this should be clickable. Many people forget about this while it’s a very easy tweak to do.
Preview Your Site on Mobile Devices
Always check how your site looks on a mobile device. It is difficult to check the style of your website on different different mobile. But here i found a awesome tool mobile emulator to check your website on different mobile and also regularly check mobile optimization test to make sure that you are not suffering with mobile website error.
If you have any suggestion or problem about mobile optimization test please feel free to comment below.