AMP stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages, The AMP Project was formally announced on Oct. 7, 2015, with support from Google, Twitter, WordPress and several publishers and other companies. Those using WordPress accelerated mobile pages will already have their pages load fast within Twitter and another social network.
The Accelerated mobile page project intended as an open standard for any publisher to have pages load quickly on mobile devices. For more about AMP, see the AMP Project site,
In this article, we will learn about Google Accelerated mobile page, how to make WordPress accelerated mobile pages with the help of plugin (no need of HTML coding), Some live Demo, how they look like on mobile and Some other Important point.
What Is Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) ?
Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) is a very accessible framework for creating fast-loading mobile web pages. The open-source initiative is designed to enable publishers to easily improve speed (and consequently, the user experience) for their mobile readership without sacrificing any ad revenue that they may rely upon. See the difference in the code web page and AMP page
What Will AMP Look Like On Google?
Google convert all its page to accelerated mobile page. Open your Chrome Browser And type google in the browser bar. You will see a normal page like as
Now go to Mobile repeat the same process and see the result. The AMP page are shown just below the Google, this is AMP Page
Click on one for a reading experience embedded in the SERP.
Live Demo of AMP Page
You can swipe right or left to read another AMP-enabled article. It’s a different experience from simply navigating to a publisher’s AMP page. Feel the experience of speed and how quickly they load on mobile as compared to the default page.
How Will You AMP Your Site?
For starters, you will have to maintain at least two versions of any article page: The original version of your article page that users will typically see, and the AMP version of that page.
Multimedia must be handled specially. For example, images need to utilize the custom amp-img element and must include an explicit width and height. Additionally, if your images are animated GIFs, you need to use the separate amp-anim extended component. But now there is a plugin available to do this job. That I will explain at the end of the article.
How Can I Monetize With Ads In AMP?
The increased rise of ad blockers has made it difficult for publishers to monetize their websites. For some users, improving website load time has been an incentive to use ad blockers, which can aid in improving browsing speed. AMP may be seen as a response to this issue, with the project stating:
A goal of the Accelerated Mobile Pages Project is to ensure effective ad monetization on the mobile web while embracing a user-centric approach. With that context, the objective is to provide support for a comprehensive range of ad formats, ad networks and technologies in Accelerated Mobile Pages.
WordPress Accelerated Mobile Pages Setting
Write AMP after the URL in the browser bar and See the result. You will see a 404 error page that means WordPress accelerated mobile pages is not installed on your blog.
- Login your Website as An Admin and Click on Add New Plugin. Search Facebook Instant Article, (WordPress accelerated mobile pages plugin) Install it and Activate it on your blog.
- This plugin provides a framework to customize AMP page. In this article, we will focus on the amp and in next article, we will cover facebook instant article.
- Now, Click on Mobile Formats and then click Google HTML Being Setup.
- A New Window will be open with AMP Plugin. Install AMP Plugin and Activate it. Go back to Mobile Format and refresh the page, your Google AMP HTML Plugin is ready.
- Now check, this plugin is working or not! by typing amp at the end of the URL in the Browser Bar.
See the WordPress accelerated mobile pages is active on your blog.
We know if we add addition term at the end of the URL of the page it creates Duplicate content on the blog. Duplicate content can hurt your SEO. But thanks to facebook instant article plugin and AMP plugin, they solve the problem by adding the canonical tag in the source code of the amp page.
Check it by pressing Ctrl+U in the browser where you open the Amp page.
Unoptimized category and tag also generate Duplicate content. If your website has a large number of duplicate content you will be slap by google Panda. Check if your category and tag producing duplicate tag then remove category and tag from the search engine as soon as possible.
Setting of Facebook Instant Article Plugin (Mobile Formats)
This plugin has a 6 feature. First One is Setup that we already cover, now the 5 more left. I will cover next 5 feature step by step.
Styling :- Here you can edit the mobile page like a logo, Article Body, Article Footer, change feature image. What you want to show in the mobile format.
- You can scroll and check the full mobile page in the mobile window. This mobile window also presents on the right side when we write an article so that we can see how our page looks like on the AMP.
Analytic:- Click on Mobile Format>>Analytic and then click on Google Analytics. Now Sign UP with your Google Analytic Account.
- Now select Site which you want to show report and also Enable Integrated.
- You can also use another Analytic plugin if you want but I personally recommended to you use Google analytic.
- Google webmaster tool also show the report of the Accelerated mobile page is indexed by the google search engine.
Ads:- Go to ads tab and SignUp with a google account( make sure it is your AdSense account).
- Choose your AdSense account then choose your Ads Unit. You can select randomly anyone But I prefer select “Homepage”.
- Then choose your Ads Unit. You can select randomly anyone But I prefer select “Homepage”.
- Now Enable AdSense for AMP page and Set frequency of ads appearance on the page. By default after every 250 words ads will appear but you can set it according to you choice.
- After setting check Open AMP page by typing amp at the end of the URL and check is it your ads working on the page or not.
Setting:- Go To Mobile Format>>Setting and Enable AMP for all post and save the setting.
- I have a 34 Post on my blog so I enable amp for all post. But if you want you can also enable amp for Page if they really meaning full or important for google search engine.
Advanced Feature of Facebook Instant Article Plugin
This Plugin adds Mobile Option in All Post to live to check the AMP page of every article without opening the post.
See how you can check the live view of the AMP page and facebook instant article on WordPress
Remember to share this post with anyone who might benefit from this information, including your Facebook friends, Twitter followers and members of your Google+ group! And also Support Us By Liking Our Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ Page.
If you have any suggestion or problem about WordPress accelerated mobile pages please feel free to comment below.
Latest posts by Harvinder Singh Sharry (see all)
- What To Do After Installing WordPress? First Important Things To Do - March 21, 2017
- What’s Google Structured Data Markup And Its Report! How To Fix It? - March 2, 2017
- How To Create, Setup And Add Google Analytics To WordPress - February 26, 2017