After making the website, the first and most important step for every blogger is site verification. You have to register your site means verify site with Google, Yandex, and Bing Webmaster Tools so that search engine can index your website.
The Site verification is a process in which you will tell the search engine about your website is ready to crawl so that search engine can index your website. There are serval different method to verify your site with the different search engine. So I’m here explain the easiest and common method that we often use to verify property.
But First, we should have some basic information, what webmaster can do. Google requires domain ownership verification for some of the services they offer.
Introduction To Google Webmaster Tools
Google’s Webmaster tools is a set of tools offered by Google to give publishers a look at how their website is seen by the search engine.
It provides reports and data that can help you understand how different pages on your website are appearing in search results. It shows you the search queries where a page from your website appears in the results and how often it is clicked.
This data can help you improve your older articles, write new content, and formulate a content strategy for your website. Google webmaster tools also allow you to submit XML sitemap of your website, exclude URLs, and help Google display the most important content of your website. It also notifies you if there is a problem with your site which is stopping Google from crawling and indexing your pages.
Why Should I Verify My Website With Google?
- So you can see the data Google has on your Webmaster tools account
- Tell Google when your website changes or updates new post
- Remove Site Pages (404 page) from Google Search results
- Specify to Google how your website should be indexed
- Set a specific geographic region(target country) your website targets
- Request a crawl rate change
- Add other site owners to share your website’s data
Verify Site With Google webmaster Tool
- Search Google Webmaster Tool in Google.
- Sign in with your Google Account.
- From inside your Google Webmaster Tools dashboard, click Add a Property (Website name or U),
- Enter the URL of a property you’d like to manage and click Continue.
You Can Find Your Website URL, In General, Under Setting. This is a default URL setting but you can change it according to your need.
After Selecting, check your selected version of your website is working fine or not.
For Example:- If you select www format then type your website name in browser bar without www. You will see, your website automatically redirect to www format.
Note:- Google considers www and non-www website totally different from each other. If your website name is www and you add a non-www website in the webmaster then you do not get any report in the Webmaster Account. If you puzzle to select which one is good www or non-www then read SEO domain name Article, this article will help you make a good design.
- Select Verify this site in the drop-down menu, go to the Alternate Methods tab or recommended method, and
- Select the HTML Tag verification method, and copy your verification code
- Login your WordPressDashboard account as Admin( do some basic WordPress setting)
- Click on Appearance>>Editer.
- Find the Theme Header (header.php). You can find it on the right-hand side of your theme. You can Also use plugin to add code in the header section of your website
Note:- If your are using Genesis theme then you have to click on the genesis and then you will find theme header.php
- Just try to find the </head> option in the theme header and then place the code above the head as shown in the screenshot.
- Switch back to Google Search Console (formerly Google Webmaster Tools) and click ‘Verify’. You will see a message with congratulations if all the step you did carefully.
Here is a Video Tutorial For Verify Site With Google webmaster Tool
In this way, you can verify site with google webmaster Tools.
Verify Your Site By Using Plugin
You can also verify your account with the help of the plugin. Yoast SEO has the inbuilt function to verify your site with Google, Yandex and Bing. But if you want to verify another search engine then you have to place the code in the header section of your theme.
- Login your WordPress account as an admin.
- Click on SEO under Dashboard. and click on webmaster tools.
- Just copy and the paste the Meta Tag in the box and hit the save change button and verify site with Google webmaster Tool.
Note:- When every you change your theme in WordPress. The site verification code erase automatically then you have to re-add the code in the theme header( in some theme only). If you want to use another theme then you have to place the meta code in the header of that theme.
Hint:- Place code in the Yoast Plugin to automatically re-verify the site.
Verify your website with Bing webmaster Tool
- Search Bing webmaster Tool in google and make an account in it. you can use your Microsoft account to sign in the bing webmaster tool.
- Add your website name in the box and hit ADD button.
- Copy the Meta tag code and place in the header section of your website as we place for Google Just above the </head>.
- Now again come back to the Bing webmaster Tool and hit the button verify.
Verify Your Site with Yandex Webmaster Tool
- Search the Yandex webmaster Tool and Login or register with your social network.
- Add your website name in the box and hit Submit button.
- Again copy the code and place in the header section of your theme and verify site with Yandex
Your website is now verified site with Google , Yandex, Bing you can also verify your website with another search engine.
Once you are verified your Website with Google search engine, then you have to Submit the sitemap in the Webmaster tool for Start indexing of your website.
Remember to share this post with anyone who might benefit from this information, including your Facebook friends, Twitter followers and members of your Google+ group! And also Support Us By Liking Our Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ Page.
If you have any suggestion or problem about verify site with Google please feel free to comment below.