Google Search Console is a free tool provided by Google to help the website owner to understand and optimize aspects of their search presence. But if you are managing a large website then it is very difficult for you to manage it alone.
In order to get a better result or for SEO planning you need a team to monitor your website.
But the Question is that How we can add user to google search console to share your static with other or with your team member. Like we add a New user to WordPress
In this article, We will explore the way to add a user to google search console.
So, let us start.
Add User To Google search Console
Adding a User or team as an Owner in Google Search Console doesn’t mean that you are giving away ownership of your site.
You are just giving a permission to the user to read or write your data in the search console depending on the permission level you’re provided to them.
Google has three levels of permission:
- Restricted user,
- Full user and
But, there are only two permissions that are included only in the Owner permission profile that we use for clients or team.
To add user to google search console;
- First. Verify your site with Google search console and after that click on Mager Property.
Here, you will see “Add or Remove Users” button.
Note: You can also find this option under the setting button on the Top Right Corner of the screen.
- Now click on “Add a New User” and a pop-up window will be open.
- Here, you have to enter an Email address and select permission for the user.
Enter the email of the user you want to add in the search console and also give him permission, according to his role.
- Under Restricted access: a user can only Read Data and
- Under Full Access, a user can edit data
You can learn more about the restricted and full access to Google.
Few Important Point To Remember
- Original owners can verify delegated (new) owners, but the new ones cannot eliminate the original owners.
- Make sure you are in the right version of the website https or http or www or non-www.
If you preferred domain is www.example.coma and you’re giving permission to user in example.com then the user will not able to access www.example.com.
Similarly with https and http.
To check your preferred domain, click on setting and then Select Site Setting.
So, this is a way to add user to google search console.
LIst of Permission For Full and Restricted Access User
Check all the permission, before giving access to your webmaster account to anyone.
|Feature||Owner||Full User||Restricted User|
|Property settings||Yes||Yes||View Only|
|URL Parameters||Yes||Yes||View Only|
|Change of Address||Yes||View Only||View Only|
|Crawl Errors||Yes||Yes||View Only|
|Fetch as Google / Submit URL||Yes||Yes||Fetch Only|
|Security Issues (malware)||Yes||Yes||View Only|
|Links To Your Site||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Sitemaps||Yes||Yes||View and Tes Only|
|Remove URLs||Yes||Yes||View Only|
|Link Google Analytics account||Yes||–||–|
|Add / remove property owners||Yes||–||–|
These are the permissions that you have to consider to add user to google search console.
You can find more detail of the details on permissions here.
Remember to share this post with anyone who might benefit from this information, including your Facebook friends, Twitter followers and members of your Google+ group!
Also Support Us By Liking Our Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ Page.
If you have any suggestion or problem to add user to Google search console then please feel free to comment below.
Latest posts by Harvinder Singh Sharry (see all)
- What Is Widget In WordPress? How To Add & Use WordPress Widgets - April 15, 2018
- How To Install & Update WordPress Plugins By Manually or Using FTP - April 2, 2018
- How To Download, Edit And Add Sitemap To Robots txt file - March 23, 2018