Have you ever wanted the users on the Discord channel would slow down? As sometimes, users seem to be active all the time, it becomes complex to follow the conversations. Hence, you might be typing one text and see 20 other texts below it. Now, the conversation has been moved to another topic & you just have to backspace your reply. So, in this case, discord slow mode becomes helpful.
Moreover, Discord is a social media platform where you can communicate with your friends through text messages, voice calls, video calls, and sharing media files in private chat. People use this app daily to talk about many things. It has a lot of features, including slow mode. In which you can limit the number of messages in a channel on Discord.
In this guide, we will inform you about Discord’s slow mode and how to enable and disable the slow mode and check if your slow mode is activated or not.
What is Discord Slow Mode?
Slow mode on the Discord channel is a feature that allows its users to limit the number of messages shown on the channel. When you or someone else sends messages on the Discord channel, it will appear on the screen immediately, which can be seen by other viewers. Here, when someone sends multiple messages at a time, it isn’t easy to read them all. So, in such a case, Discord’s slow mode is best for slowing down the things in a channel.
A user of this platform can enable the slow mode to limit time management. If a user sends a message in a channel by allowing the slow method, the user cannot send another message until the slow mode timing is over. But keep in mind that this setting is limited to a channel and does not apply to the server as a whole, and you can still send a text to other channels when the slow mode is enabled. Further, you can set the duration of slow mode between 5 seconds to 6 hours.
How to Turn On Slow Mode on Discord – Desktop & Mobile
Slow mode is the most convenient way to slow down the channel’s message. So you can read and send messages calmly. Here we will let you know how you can easily enable the slow mode of this platform from your computer, MacBook, Android phone, and the Apple phones.
Enable the Slow Mode via Desktop
You can enable the slow mode on your server but can’t turn it on the other user’s channel. But, You can turn it on or off whenever you want on your channel. Here are the steps you should follow to turn on the slow mode while using your computer.
- Open the app on your computer.
- Select the channel that you want to enable on the slow mode.
- At the channel name, you can see an edit channel option.
- Now click on the overview Here you will see the option slow mode.
- Set the time duration for your channel.
- After picking the time, click on the save changes. That’s it.
Enable the Steady Mode via Phone
You can also set your Discord slow mode settings on your android or iPhone devices. Follow these steps to turn on slow mode by using your android, iPhone, and iPad.
- Log in to the discord app on your phone device.
- Tap on the menu icon and then click on the channel list.
- Next, select the channel to turn on the slow mode.
- Tap on the edit channel from the menu of that channel.
- Now scroll down until you see the slow mode.
- Pick the time duration of your channel.
- Then tap on the save changes That’s all
How to Turn off Slow Mode on Discord
If you want to turn off or turn on the slow mode on Discord’s server in someone’s channel, it will not affect other channels’ conversations. You can use your computer and phone to turn off the slow mode. Do follow.
Turning off the Steady Mode on the PC
Do follow the guide to disable the slow mode on Discord from your MacBook and desktop.
- Open the app on your computer device.
- Click on the edit channel and then select the overview.
- Here in the overview, you see slow mode
- Drag the slow mode bar on the left side so your slow mode will be off.
- Now click on the save changes. That’s it.
Turning off Slow Mode on Mobile Devices
If you have already downloaded the discord’s app on your phone device, following the step will help you turn off the slow mode by using your mobile devices.
- Log in to the app on your phone device.
- Go to the menu icon and search for the channel you want to put on in the turn-off mode.
- Click on the edit channel from the channel’s menu.
- Now open the slow mode section.
- Here drag the slow mode bar on the left side.
- Then tap on the save icon to turn off the slow mode.
How to Check the Discord’s Slow Mode is Activated
Suppose you don’t know whether your discord channel’s slow mode is active or not. For identifying the slow mode, you will see a note on the message box at the bottom that tells you whether the slow mode is turned on or off.
A discord server is a social media platform where you can interact with people through this server. It has many features, including the slow mode. One of the best features of Discord is a slow mode that will help you see the message or text of someone’s channel in the chilling mode & allow you to limit the conversation. Though, the methods mentioned above will help you in slowing down the chat & how you can turn it on & off. So if you have any questions, don’t hesitate and tell us in the comment section. We are here to give you the suggestions.