Do you want to know how to add text in iMovie? So, you have come to the right place where you will know the straightforward methods regarding video editing on texts on iOS devices. For the most part, the wording is a simple tool to enhance the impact of your videos, as it conveys the information of the video without distracting from the narrative.
Apple users know that their devices have a free software called iMovie to edit the videos. Thus, it is better to say iMovie is a complete package for editing the videos. It includes the features of adding the text on video clips, background clips, and images, altering text into titles, subtitles and sequences through a wide range of effects.
So, let’s move to the next section before wasting time in an extensive dialogue here, where you will learn the method to edit the texts on iOS with an alternative for Mac.
Table of Contents
How to Add or Edit the Text to iMovie on an iPhone or iPad
You may add text to video, photo, or background clips in the timeline. Just click on the clip, and then Titles button “T” at the bottom of the screen; the last click on a title style. Follow the steps to add or edit the wording to your video after opening your iMovie project:
- Click on add (+) tab to import media.
- Then, click on the video clip on which you want to add the text.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap on the “T”
- From the list of templates, select the desired text style.
- Press on the sample title in the viewer screen, select the Edit option to type the desired text and click on the Done
- Double click on the title to reposition it as you want.
- You can also increase or decrease the size by pinching the text.
- To adjust the font or color, tap on the “T,” which appears on the video clip preview area, or you may also select (Aa) for font and the multicolor circle icon for color.
Tip: You may also edit by selecting the text style first. Further options like uppercase and text-shadow are also presented if you click on the three-dot icon from that screen.
Make a Title Sequence or End Credits
Add a background clip to the start or end of your movie to generate a title sequence or end credits for your movie. After that, add wording to the background clip. iMovie has several animated styles that you can use in your movie.
- Open the iMovie project, then scroll down the timeline until you get hold of the beginning or end of the movie.
- Click on the Add Media button and tap on the Backgrounds.
- Again, click the Add to project button.
- Tap on the background clip you just added to the timeline; afterward, add the titles button in the inspector at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on a title style, and above the timeline, the text appears in the viewer. To pick a different style, click on a different style in the inspector at the bottom of the screen.
- Trim the background-clip to the preferred duration.
How to Add or Edit the Text to iMovie on a Mac
Insert text to any video clip, photo, or background in your project, and after that, change the text style. Moreover, you can make a title sequence or end credits for your movie. The method is slightly different on Mac computers. Once you have opened the project, follow the below steps:
- Click on that part of the video to which you want to add the text.
- On the left side of the screen, choose Titles in the top toolbar.
- To opt for the theme, you have to double click on it.
- On the right side of the screen, click on the preview text to view and type your desired text.
- You can change the font, size, and alignment (bold, italic, or an outline) through the toolbar above the viewer. By dragging the text box, you can also relocate it to the preferred area of the viewer.
Make a Title Sequence or End Credits
iMovie contains a range of styles, plus animated styles, which you can use to make a title sequence or end credits. Titles correlated to themes emerge if you have set a theme for your movie at the top of the browser. Furthermore, you may also add a background to change the background color of the title sequence other than black, based on your wish.
- Firstly, open iMovie Project and click the Media Library button to show the browser if you need it.
- Secondly, move the play icon at the beginning or end of the movie.
- Thirdly, to change the title sequence other than black, tap Backgrounds and then double-click which you want to use. Otherwise, drag the background to the start or end of the timeline. Move to the next step if you don’t want a particular background. You may add any other videos or photos as the background.
- Select Titles in the browser and then double click on which you want to apply. The title is added as an attached clip above the other clip if you use a background or video clip in the timeline. Or else drag the caption to the timeline.
Note: The attached clip will move with that video clip or image when you move a video clip or photo.
iMovie Alternative (Use Wondershare Filmora to Edit the text)
Though iMovie is an emerging application to edit the video on Mac, you can also use other apps like Wondershare Filmora to place it. You can easily add text in Wondershare Filmora, and it is compatible with both macOS and Windows. Follow the below steps to use Filmora on both macOS and Windows to add texts to your videos straightforwardly:
- On the Filmora editor interface, simply tap on the Import Media option to import video clips or photos you want. Moreover, you may also drag or drop the files onto the interface directly.
- Tap on the Title tab and choose the text effect. Now, move it onto the timeline. Reposition the text on the correct video scene according to your desire.
- Double-click on the text on the timeline and attain the window where you have modified the font, text color, and the actual text.
- To save the final media with the text editor, click on Export. Additionally, you can upload your video to Youtube or Vimeo directly to share with your family and family. Further more, on Filmora Effects Store, a Title and Text Effect is also available.
- Just Check The Video And What You Have Created.
Hence, there are several video editing software or apps that exist. Still, fortunately, a few applications like iMovie are pretty handy for adding texts to video and making a video eye-catching on iOS with useful tools or attractive features. It takes your video to the next level with a finger click in a few minutes. I hope so; the above knowledge will be fruitful for you regarding the steps to add the text in iMovie. Hence, share your thought about the article in the comment box.