Are you looking for a way to watch YouTube videos in your preferred Language? So stop roaming! We’ll walk you through a helpful guide about How to Change Language on YouTube. YouTube has tremendous content in all genres. However, some people are unaware of using it for their good. Such as, if the default language is unclear to you, you can change it. Whether you’re looking for any documentary, music videos, or even news from any YouTube channel, YouTube has something for every native speaker. They can easily switch the default language in a few minutes. The YouTube website offers more than 76 languages to change on mobile apps, desktops, and Windows. Here’s how to do it!
Table of Contents
How to Change Language on YouTube from Desktop Windows10, Mac, or Chromebook PC
If you’re using a YouTube web app that you can access using any browser on Windows and macOS, it has an option that lets the user change the default language. So here is what you need to do to change YouTube language into a different language. And you may also checkout Subtitles on YouTube: how to add them manually.
- Open the YouTube app and Sign into your account.
- Click on the account icon. See the profile picture icon in the screen’s upper right corner.
- Scroll the page and click on Language. If you’re not getting the menu selection as it is new, it should be visible with the Chinese character and a Capital A.
- Select your preferred Language from the list. All languages are written in their native script. Choose the one in which you want to watch the video!
- You will see the Language you set has now automatically changed into the one you wanted. Click the Home button to refresh the screen if it’s not altered. These new changes should apply to the YouTube site. However, the Language in the video will remain the same. If you also want to apply the change to the videos, you will need to delete your internet cache and cookies.
How to Change YouTube Language on the Mobile App
Are you thinking of changing the default language on mobile? It could be a bit cheesier than altering the Language on the desktop because YouTube’s Android and iOS apps reflect the Language already set on your system. Therefore, you should change the system language itself to use the app in a different language.
How to Change Language on YouTube on Android
Here are a few steps to switch the Language from your Android device.
- Go to the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Scroll down and Tap on the System option.
- Tap on the Language and input followed by languages.
- Now tap and pick another language. If the Language you want is unavailable, select Add Language to add another Language before switching it.
- Again, open the YouTube application; YouTube will start operating in the default language you selected
How to Change Language on YouTube on iOS Devices
The below steps are specially written for iPhone users who want to enjoy watching YouTube entertainment in the Language of their choice.
- Go to the device Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on General.
- Select Language & Region.
- Tap iPhone Language and choose the Language you want your YouTube app and phone to operate in.
- Lastly, the next time you open the YouTube app, which should appear in the system language.
How to Change the Language on YouTube from a Smart Apple TV
The procedure for language alteration on the Apple TV is quite simple. You can check it out below.
- Navigate over the Apple TV home screen.
- Go to Settings, and it’s the option with the gear icon.
- Now, select General. Most probably, it will appear as the first option in the list.
- Scroll down until you get to the Language and Region tab. Each tab is divided by labels. Language and Region are the fourth on the menu. It’s right below the Keyboard settings.
- Select Apple TV language. It should be the first option on the Language and Region tab.
- Choose your preferred Language from the list.
- On the screen that pops up, select Change Language.
- You can now navigate away from this screen.
How to Change Language on YouTube from a Firestick
While using Amazon Firestick, you can access YouTube similarly to the mobile version, whether you use YouTube App or Web Browser. And if you’re using a web browser to watch YouTube on your Firestick, go through the steps explained in the Windows, Mac, or Chromebook as described above. If you’re using YouTube for a TV app, the steps are as follows.
- Visit the YouTube for TV app. Sign in to your account.
- Scroll down and open Settings. See the option with the gear icon.
- Navigate until you find the Language option and select it.
- On your screen, you will see a Chinese character and an A. Choose Edit and pick the Language you want to set as the default language.
- Click on Confirm the change.
However, if you want to change the Language of the YouTube videos, so you need to change the language settings of the Firestick. To change this, follow these steps:
- Go to your Firestick Home screen and choose Settings. There’s a last option at the top of the menu.
- Choose Preferences looks like an option with lines and circles.
- Keep scrolling and then select Language.
- Select the Language you want to see the videos on YouTube from the list.
- Navigate out the screen interface.
To Change the Subtitles Language
If you don’t want to change the site language entirely but want to change the subtitles or captions of any video you’re watching, follow the instructions.
You can apply the following steps on web browser versions for computers or Smart TVs, so let’s try it out.
- Pick a video and click on it.
- At the bottom right of the video, click on the Settings menu.
- Click on Subtitles/CC from the menu.
- The next menu will show the languages available. If you do not see the Language you want, click on Auto Generate and then click Subtitles/CC again. Choose Auto Translate.
- Choose the Language in which the subtitles should display.
To change the YouTube subtitles language on mobile, you have to do this:
- Open the YouTube app, and then choose a video.
- Pause that video.
- Tap on Menu. This should be the three vertical dots on the upper right corner of the display screen.
- Then, tap the Captions option.
- Select your preferred Language.
Most videos include captions. Meanwhile, captions are rarely available in all languages. If a video does not have captions, the subtitles icon will be grayed out or unclickable.
How Do I Change YouTube Back To English?
In case you’re not happy with the current Language set on YouTube and want to switch back to English
- First, you must log into your YouTube account by opening the video.
- There’s an icon for your account. Click it.
- You can find the Language you want by scrolling down and clicking it.
- From the appeared list of languages, select the one you want.
- Now, you will be able to choose a language automatically.
Generally, YouTube is one of the most popular video-sharing platforms that offer you to learn the latest things and watch videos for fun. But still, if you cannot watch your favorite content in your desired Language. So read the above useful methods to set Languages on your devices as your preference.