If you want to know how to get a SIM card out of iPhone? Then, you may easily go through the guide, where you will seek the technique and preventive tips about SIM cards. As you know, every iPhone or iPad has a different location of the SIM slot, so you need to check the iPhone model first. Then, you can easily apply the process of swapping the card.
Thus, you can use the ejecting tool after finding the SIM tray’s location. Just firmly get off the SIM card from the slot by placing the tool in the hole next to the SIM tray. But make sure you don’t use any sort of removal tool which causes damage to your SIM card or device.
Furthermore, do not exert force while placing the SIM tray back. So, let’s move to the next section for the detailed guide along with the examples of ejecting tools.
Use SIM Eject Tool for the SIM Card Tray
There are multiple removal tools for the SIM card tray; as you know, it is very tiny, and you might get an object easily from a household to remove the SIM card slot.
But make sure that the SIM hole needs something robust with a thin-width thing to take out the SIM card tray. Thus, let’s see some of the examples of ejecting tools that might work:
- Safety pin
- Mechanical Pencil
- Fishing hook
Note: Many cell phone carriers come up with an extra SIM card ejector tool. Thus, if you want a proven and guaranteed method of extraction, then use the SIM card ejector tool.
Things to Look at! While Removing SIM Card on iPhone & iPad
Following are the primary method of efficiently removing the SIM card on an iPhone or iPad, which you can apply to any version of the iPhone.
Thus, you need only to check the position of the SIM tray on iOS models; for that purpose, you have to go through the subsequent section. So, let’s see the basic technique initially:
- Initially, you have to switch off your iPhone and hold your iPhone upright with the screen facing you.
- Then, search the SIM tray as all the iOS models have different positions of SIM ports.
- Then, you might see the hole next to the SIM port.
- Now, insert the SIM ejecting tool from the above-suggested tools in the hole.
- After that, press the tool gently till the tray pops out the partway and take off the tray completely.
- Swap your SIM card and make sure to place the SIM in the correct orientation with the alignment of notch corners on the card.
- In the end, reinsert the tray.
SIM Tray on the Left Side
The iPhone models having the SIM tray on the left side are as follows:
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone Pro Max
SIM Card Tray on the Right Side of an iPhone
The below series of iPhones has the SIM card tray on the opposite side of your mute switch and volume buttons:
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone (1st, 2nd, and 3rd )
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
SIM Tray on the Top Side
The following iPhone models have the SIM tray on the top side between the jack and power button:
- iPhone 3G
- iPhone 3GS
- Original iPhone
iPads SIM Card Tray
iPads having cellular capability have only SIM trays. So, if you have any model of them, then you can find the SIM tray. Thus, you can see the position of the SIM card slot on the iPad series:
- The original iPad has the SIM tray on the left or opposite side of the mute switch and volume buttons near the bottom.
- iPad 2,3, or 4 have the SIM tray on the left side or opposite of the mute switch and volume buttons near the top.
- iPad Pro, Air, Air2, or mini, including all generations, have the SIM card slot on the bottom right side means on the same side that holds the mute switch and volume buttons.
Note: The technique of removing the SIM card is the same on all iPhones, despite the position of the SIM tray. Moreover, you may notice that SIM cards have one corner cut off so that you will know how to fit them into the tray. But one thing you need to be concerned about is how you took the iPhone and how you held it.
- The most important thing is you need to take care while inserting SIM because the card is too small and you may lose it easily. Moreover, don’t alter or modify the card without the help of the carrier provider.
- If you have iPhone Xs, iPhone XS Max, or iPhone XR has a dual SIM feature; that’s why it can hold nano-SIM cards along with an electronic SIM (eSIM). It means you have two different phone numbers for texts and call functions on the same iPhone. Thus, you can place it on either side of the SIM tray, and it should only fit in one way.
- Furthermore, you can also coordinate with your carrier or service provider regarding the eSIM workings and its availability feature.
- You can remove the SIM card without switching off the phone. However, Apple manufacturers warn that it could damage the card or device itself because of static electricity.
- Make sure never to force the SIM tray while placing back. Otherwise, you might break the pins, and your iPhone or iPad may be unable to connect to any cellular network.
- Remember to install the tray in the correct direction while putting back in your iPhone or iPad. The easy way is to be sure to line up the pinhole. In this way, you will know that you are putting it correctly.
Getting off the SIM card from the iPhone is not a big task, but you have to take some essential precautions while removing or inserting the SIM tray into the iPhone. Otherwise, removing the SIM while exerting force could damage the SIM card or the device.
So, hopefully, the above guide will help you a lot while handling the SIM card, or you will also get to know where the SIM tray is placed on different iPhone or iPad models.
Furthermore, you may also contact the service provider for further information or query. Also, let us know your thoughts in the comment section about the blog.