Low data mode on iPhone is a great feature that helps reduce cellular data usage on your device. But if you want to get back to streaming the highest quality content, you can turn off the low data mode on your iPhone. If you don’t know how to turn it off on the latest iOS 15.6 version, keep reading.
However, low data mode was first introduced in iOS 13 and can help conserve data on cellular and Wifi if you have low bandwidth or a limited mobile data plan. But, it can cause lag while browsing the internet as well as pause automatic updates and other tasks such as cloud data.
So, it’s better to disable the feature, so you can enjoy faster and more high-quality content. So let’s get started on how to turn off this mode.
How to Disable Low Data Mode on iPhone (Mobile Data)
Low data mode comes with iOS 13, which is useful in numerous ways, especially to save data. But you can easily turn off the low data mode on your iOS device.
- Go to the settings app on your iPhone.
- From the settings menu, choose Mobile Data or Cellular Data Options.
- Tap on the Cellular Data options just shown in the screenshot.
- Now, you can turn off low data mode on your iPhone by dragging the toggle.
How to Turn Off Low Data Mode on iPhone (WiFi)
Many people don’t enable this feature on iPhones when using Wifi as a network. But, in any case, you have enabled this feature and are facing lag in browsing. So you must turn it off for Wifi by following the below steps.
- Launch the Settings app on your iOS.
- Tap Wifi from the settings menu.
- Select the information icon from the left of the menu options.
- Tap the toggle switch for Wifi to disable the low data mode.
Now, your iOS device will no longer have to install updates manually once the data mode is restored. Further, you will also notice that the loading time of videos and web pages has improved.
Why Should You Turn on Low Data Mode For Mobile Data?
The low data was introduced to help people with limited internet plans, so there is fewer data consumption from the background apps. But, with this mode, you will see the content streaming at low quality. What low mode actually did is mentioned below.
- Prevent Background App Refresh- this feature lets some apps update their content using internet data even if these apps are not currently in use (For instance, you’ll receive the latest news, but the drawback is that the apps will also gather data and send it back to the home servers.)
- Disable Automatic Updates & Backups- low data mode prevents apps from upgrading their firmware (including iCloud photos), automatically installing files, or performing backups.
- Stream Videos at a lower quality- this one is the most major change as it streams video in very low quality.
The main idea is to keep mobile data consumption as low as possible, which works well. But, when you use Wifi, try to disable the mode to enjoy better-quality streaming.
If you have a limited mobile data plan, enabling low data mode is best. But, sometimes, the feature cause issues such as the App Store won’t install a new app from the app store or waiting for the low data mode to turn off.
So, it’s better to disable the feature to stream high-quality content at better quality. Now, you know how to turn off the low data mode on your iPhone. If you have any queries let us know in the comment section.