You have been a user of the Uber app for a long time and don’t know how to use Uber Cash? Many people have questions regarding this since the launch of this new payment method. Uber Cash is a digital wallet to pay for rides and food delivery. It is designed for Uber’s services and works like a debit or credit card.
Uber has allowed Cashless payments, making it much easier for its customers. Paying through the app allows you to track your spending, and you don’t have to pay extra fees.
Table of Contents
Steps to Use an Uber Cash Application
You must top-up your account and have some balance in your app to use as your digital Wallet, whether for rides or Uber Eats.
- Firstly, open the Uber app and tap on the menu
- Now click on the Payment option
- Then select “Add Funds” and find the package that suits you the best.
- You then have to select the payment methods for upgrading your funds.
- Finally, add details of your credit or debit cards.
- You must enter a password in your Uber account to add a new payment method.
Benefits of Using the Uber App
- The app claims that it is the smartest way of payment, but what benefits can one get:
- You can plan by adding/purchasing the funds.
- Customers get a lot of discounts on Uber food, delivery, and other services.
- You won’t have to worry about carrying the cash with you.
- The main thing to remember is that Uber funds never expire, so that’s a bonus.
Setting the Uber Cash as Your Default Payment
Using the Uber app as a default payment for your rides and food is a good idea because you don’t have to worry about traveling and can go on rides safely. Adding more funds to your account will help you to make your rides and money safe.
Also, once you have been paying fares through your digital Wallet, it becomes the most convenient way to no longer worry about digging out cash and credit cards while standing outside your doors.
Requirements for Using the Uber Cash
Here, we have mentioned the requirements that are important for you to match if you are using Uber Cash:
- You should have a valid email address.
- An account is set up on the Uber app or the Uber Eats app.
- You must be 18 years or above and must have a compatible device.
- If you are using Uber Cash if so, you can load Uber Cash to use it as a form of payment later.
How to Get the Amex Credit Card Amount Deposited to Your Uber Account?
American Express cards, or AmEx, are either credit or charge cards that the publicly traded financial services company issues. They are internationally accepted. By doing so, you will receive many benefits deposited into your account each month.
American Express Gold Card and American Express Platinum Card offer annual memberships, which benefit one on Uber purchases, and these include Uber rides and Uber Eats as long the Uber Cash is accepted in your area.
- Verify that you possess an eligible card and can benefit from it and that your account is in good standing. The two American Express cards, Gold and Platinum, with Uber benefits, come with an annual fee.
- Add your AmEx card as a payment method to your Uber account.
Different Methods of Using Uber Cash
There are many different methods of using Uber Cash, and we have mentioned some names and explained them simply below for you:
- Paying with Digital Wallets for Uber Eats
- Paying for Uber with Google Pay
- Removing the Google Pay from Uber
Paying with Digital Wallets for Uber Eats
You can use your Digital wallet for your Uber Eats app. You can even use the main Uber app to refill the balance. Moreover, you can pay for your rides if you buy the Uber app from Uber Eats.
Ensure you use the same phone number and email address for both apps.
- Order food from the Uber Eats app, showing the Uber Cash app as a default payment method.
- You can also use different payment methods like Cash App or Google Pay if you don’t have enough balance and your order exceeds the account balance limit.
Paying for Uber with Google Pay
You can also use Google Pay as a payment method for your rides. We have made it easier for you by mentioning how to add Google Pay as an option.
- First, select “Account” > “Wallet” > “Add payment method.”
- Now tap the “Google Pay” and click “Continue” to proceed.
- Then, follow the prompts in your app.
Removing the Google Pay from Uber
- Open the app and select “Account” > “Wallet” > “Google Pay.”
- Then tap “Remove payment method.”
- Finally, tap on “Delete.”
How To View Your Uber Cash Balance
Here is how you can view your Uber balance at any time.
- Start with opening the Uber app on your phone.
- Now tap on your profile picture at the top of your screen.
- On your screen, your remaining balance will be displayed.
- If it doesn’t appear, then click on the Wallet.
- It will reappear; you can also check your balance when ordering a bike ride.
Paying for an Online Uber Ride
If you took an Uber online trip, here is how you can pay for that.
- Open the Uber app first.
- Now, find the payment options in the app.
- Then select your payment method, either Paytm or credit.
- Enter the amount you want to pay.
- Once done, check the Amount Confirmation.
- Finally, click on pay for paying for your ride.
How to Get Your Cash Refund from an Uber Ride
You can request a refund on the app for your Uber trips, although the app does not guarantee all the refunds. You can contact Uber and explain the matter and wait for them to view your request. Depending on the circumstances app will decide that either they have to deny or accept it.
- Firstly, log into the Uber app and open it.
- Next, tap the three lines in the upper left corner of the screen to access the menu.
- Then tap on My Trips and select Past at the top.
- Further, tap on the ride you want to request a refund for.
- Then tap Refund Required.
- Now choose from the list all the possible problems which you faced.
- Please check the refund policy for the selected issue.
How to Implement Uber Cash Refund
The Uber app balance is not purchased and is non-refundable. So, follow these steps to use a refund:
- First, place an order in the Uber Eats App.
- Then click on the View Cart option.
- After that, click on the Current Payment Method.
- Then, finally, select Uber Cash.
Cashing out Using the Uber Driver’s App
Using a Driver app, here is how to cash out your earnings.
- Open the Driver’s app.
- Find the main menu.
- Click on the “Wallet” or “Earnings.”
- Then tap “Cash Out.”
- Now, choose the account you want to deposit the balance into.
- Finally, select the “Confirm” option to cash out all your earnings.
Cashing Out Your Earnings Using Uber App
Here’s how you can cash out your earnings online.
- Start by going to the website of wallet.uber.com.
- Next, tap “Cash out” on the “Earnings” card.
- Then, choose the account you want to deposit the balance.
- Now select “Confirm” to cash out your earnings online.
The Uber platform has been providing different facilities for its users. It has been made easier for Uber customers. They can quickly order rides and food without worrying about payment methods.
Paying from the app also helps you to keep an eye on your budget while spending on Uber Eats and Uber rides. If you want to treat yourself okay, pay from Uber cash so you don’t have to worry about ruining your budget or overdoing it.