Here is complete FFXIV shadowbringers relic weapon guide. For each job in Final Fantasy 14, there are special glowing weapons called relic weapons. Weapons associated with Shadowbringers expansion are all relics of Bozja and the Blades of Gunnhildr.
We’ll explain in detail how to obtain this beautiful relic weapon in this Final Fantasy 14 Shadowbringers guide.
RELIC WEAPONS, EXPLAINED
These are special weapons that look beautiful and usually have a unique glowing animation. As a reward for your hard work, you’ll have the best weapon in Shadowbringers, but you’ll have to put in lots of work. Instead of trying to do it quickly and exhausting yourself, do it over a longer period of time.
Many of the weapon upgrading steps require participating in The Bozjan Southern Front, the instanced Shadowbringers area with a unique battle system. For many of these steps, there are alternatives to obtaining the weapon upgrade materials, but you will need to rank up in Bozja if you wish to upgrade your weapon beyond a certain point.
The best weapon in the expansion can be obtained in a variety of ways, and for each weapon you want, you will need to repeat the majority of the steps.
HOW TO MAKE RESISTANCE WEAPONS
In patch 5.25, these are the weapons with 485 item levels.
To get your first weapon:
- Complete the “Shadowbringers” main scenario quest.
- Complete the side quest “The City of Lost Angels.”
- The quests “Hail to the Queen,” “Path to the Past,” “The Bozja Incident,” and “Fire in the Forge” must all be completed.
To get any other weapon after this, complete the quest “Resistance is (Not) Futile” as the job you wish to use the weapon for. The ThavnairianScalepowders you need to turn in to Zlatan is four. Tomestone NPC vendors, such as Auriana in Revenant’s Toll and Hismena in Idyllshire, sell these for 250 AllaganTomestones of Poetics each.
HOW TO AUGMENT YOUR RESISTANCE WEAPONS
The next step is to upgrade your Resistance weapon, increasing its stats and item level to 500. This step was introduced in patch 5.35.
You can get the Augmented version of any of your weapons by:
- Completion of the “Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty” main scenario quest is required.
- Take on the side quests “A Sober Proposal” and “Where Eagles Nest.”
- Be sure you have your Resistance weapon ready from step one.
- You can repeat the quest “For Want of a Memory” by visiting Zlatan in Gangos.
- Get 20 memories of the dying that are tortured, twenty memories that are sorrowful, and twenty memories that are harrowing.
Skirmishes and Critical Engagements on the Bozjan Southern Front will drop all 60 memories randomly.
These can also be earned by doing FATEs in Heavensward zones if you dislike Bozja. You can earn the yellow Tortured Memory of the Dying by completing FATEs in Coerthas Western Highlands and the Sea of Clouds. The blue Sorrowful Memory of Dying appears as a reward for completing FATEs in the Dravanian Forelands and Churning Mists. FATEs in the Dravanian Hinterlands and AzysIla entitle you to the red Harrowing Memory of the Dying as a reward.
The job for which you want the weapon does not require you to earn memories. It is not necessary to play as White Mage until it is time to turn in the quest items if you want the White Mage cane, for instance.
HOW TO MAKE RECOLLECTION WEAPONS
In the third step, your relic weapon gets its iconic glow, but the level of the item remains at 500. The feature was added in patch 5.35.
You can get your Recollection weapon by:
- Follow the steps listed above.
- Zlatan in Gangos is the starting point for the repeatable quest “The Will to Resist.”
- Submit six Bitter Memories of the Dying.
You can acquire the green Bitter Memories of the Dying by completing level 60 dungeons and by killing enemies in Bozja. Leveling Roulette in the Duty Finder will also grant you an additional Bitter Memory of the Dying every day. Completing level 60 dungeons with an unsynchronized level will not reward you with memories.
It is not necessary for you to be playing the job you want the weapon for in order to get the memories.
HOW TO GET LAW’S ORDER WEAPONS
When you upgrade your weapon to a Law’s Order weapon, its item level will increase to 510. The step was introduced in patch 5.45.
Your next relic can be obtained by:
- Complete the steps above.
- Hit Resistance Rank 10 in Bozja.
- The Bozja dungeon, Castrum Lacus Litore, must be completed.
- Complete the side quests “A Sign of What’s to Come”, “Fit for a Queen”, and “In the Image of the Queen.”
- Zlatan in Gangos offers the repeatable quest “Change of Arms”.
- Get 15 Loathsome Memories of the Dying and turn them into Zlatan.
Gray Loathsome Memories of the Dying are rewarded when you beat Castrum Lacus Litore’s final boss, clear any Crystal Tower alliance raid, and complete critical engagements in Bozja. You can earn five memories by beating the Castrum Lacus Litore boss.
Similar to the previous step, you do not have to earn these memories while playing the job you want.
HOW TO AUGMENT YOUR LAW’S ORDER WEAPONS
Enhancing your Law’s Order weapons will boost their item level to 515 and give them a special glowing effect. A part of patch 5.45 added this capability.
To obtain the enhanced version of your Law’s Order weapons, follow these steps:
- Complete all of the steps above.
- Take on the side quest “The Resistance Remembers.”
- Please turn in 18 Haunting Memories of the Dying and 18 Vexatious Memories of the Dying.
- The quest ‘A New Path of Resistance’ should be attempted again.
- Gather and turn in 15 Timeworn Artifacts.
Drops from Shadow of Mhach alliance raids and FATE in GyrAbania are pink Haunting Memories of the Dying. FATEs in the Far East and raids of the Return to Ivalice alliance drop yellow Vexatious Memories of the Dying.
Once you’ve gotten all 36 memories, you won’t have to do it again for any subsequent weapons. It is faster to do FATEs for memories than raids, but you are not guaranteed that memories will drop, so you may hit frustrating unlucky streaks.
Palace of the Dead and Bozja’sDelubrumReginae raid drop Timeworn Artifacts.
HOW TO GET YOUR BLADE’S WEAPON
A 535-level weapon is available from this step, which was added to patch 5.55.
To get this weapon:
- Complete all of the steps above.
- Complete the main scenario quest “Futures Rewritten”.
- Perform the “A New Playing Field” side quest.
- From Gerolt in Gangos, begin the “What Dreams are Made of” side quest.
- There are three quests to accept: “Spare Parts”, “Tell Me a Story”, and “A Fond Memory.”
- Please turn in the following materials: 30 Compact Axles, Compact Springs, A Day in the Life: Battles for the Realm, A Day in the Life: Beyond the Rift, Bleak Memories of Dying, and Lurid Memories of Dying. (Yep, that’s 180 items in total!)
- Complete the quest “A Done Deal.”
- Begin the repeatable quest “Irresistible.”
- Collect and turn in 15 Raw Emotions.
When you complete the above steps, you will be able to get the 180 items from Zadnor. You can also farm these items by completing specific raids, but you won’t get rewarded if you don’t sync them.