A website header is one of the most valuable areas of your website because every search engine come here first to read the rule. Add Header Footer Code In WordPress Websites Theme is a little bit difficult for new blogger because different theme has different coding way,
In this tutorial, I will cover both manually and through the plugin, method to easy your job.
- Facebook Instant Articles Tutorial For WordPress
- Add Sitemap In Footer;
- Add rel=”nofollow” Tag For Specific Links.
While some theme frameworks like Genesis framework have a built-in option for quickly adding code and scripts to your WordPress header or footer. If you’re using the Genesis Framework, you’re in luck! Add Header Footer Code In WordPress head section of your website is ridiculously easy!
- Go to Genesis > Theme Settings. Scroll down to the bottom and find the section titled Header and Footer Scripts.
- Paste your code into the first box titled Header Scripts.
- Click save and you’re done!
Add Header Footer Code In WordPress Websites
As the Header and Footer plugin is free to use, it can be installed on your site directly from the WordPress plugin directory.
- To do so, log into your site’s admin area and
- Then navigate to Plugins > Add New using the sidebar menu.
- From the Add Plugins screen, enter ‘Header and Footer’ in the search field and then install the first item listed in the results.
- Once the plugin has been installed and activated, it can be accessed from the Header and Footer item under the Settings menu on the admin sidebar.
- By selecting the appropriate tab, you can then write or paste your code snippet in the way that you want.
More information on using this plugin can be found on the Header and Footer section of the developer’s website.
Now, what if you’re not using Genesis and you’d rather not install another plugin? You’ll have to insert your code manually into your WordPress theme. It’s important to note that when and if you install a theme update, your edits will be deleted and you’ll have to add them again. If you’re using a child theme, you should be okay, but if not, you might want to consider using the plugin mentioned above.
Insert Code Manually Into WordPress Theme
- Find your themes header.php file. You can find it by going to Appearance > Editor and looking for it on the right side of the screen.
- Once you have your header.php file open, find the line with </head> .
- Enter a new line above it and paste your code. Save your changes. That’s it.
Note:- Some themes will come with settings where you can enter your code into a designated area, much like the Insert Headers and Footers plugin above. It’s definitely a good idea to look into your theme’s documentation to see if that option is available.
For example, the Divi theme has the option available by going to Divi > Theme Options, clicking on the Integrations tab, and entering the code into the box labeled “Add code to the </ head> of your blog.”
Warning:- Please Do not edit, replace or disturb the existing code
This plugin gives you an easy to use interface for adding code to the header and footer sections of your WordPress website. Hopefully, you should now be able to customize your website with confidence and add additional code snippets as needed.
Remember to share this post with anyone who might benefit from this information, including your Facebook friends, Twitter followers and members of your Google+ group! And also Support Us By Liking Our Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ Page.
If you have any suggestion or problem about Add Header Footer Code In WordPress please feel free to comment below.
Latest posts by Harvinder Singh Sharry (see all)
- What Is Robots Meta Tag? It’s Syntax And Different Values - November 18, 2017
- How To Remove Website From Google Search! Also Page, Images & Link - October 19, 2017
- Ultimate Guide To WordPress Menu To Create & Customise Navigation Bar - October 19, 2017