Well, there is a lot of robots meta tags are available to tell or guide crawler (bots) what to do on site but the most widely use the tag in the world of SEO is rel=”nofollow” tag.
This tag is generally used to tell bots (crawler), “no need to follow this link” means don’t pass any ranking value (link juice) to the page where we link.
In this article, we will explore the following things,
- What is rel=”nofollow” link?
- How To create a link nofollow In WordPress?
- How To Check Nofollow Links In Chrome
What is rel=”nofollow” Link?
In a technical context, it is a value that we assign to rel attribute of HTML to instruct the search engine bots that this hyperlink doesn’t contain any ranking value.
- rel” is stand for “relationship”. means, these attributes help define the relationship a link has with a page that it points to and
- nofollow tag signals that the page linking out is claiming no endorsement.
In simple words, we use this attribute to tell search engine, no need to pass any page rank ( in SEO we call it link juice ) to other article or media or whatever is it.
By default, all the link on the web is “follow” link ( means s Dofollow link)
For example, if I
a simple link (in coding) it looks like.
If bots come to your site. It follows through the link and passes your 13% Page authority to another page.
but, if I add rel=”nofollow” tag in the hyperlink,
<a href="https://www.hitechwork.com" rel="nofollow">HiTechWork</a>
In this way, you can create a link nofollow In WordPress by just adding an HTML nofollow tag.
By Using WordPress Nofollow Plugin
When you click on the Setting icon, a new window will be open with rel=”nofollow” tag.
- Now, select the tag and click on update the link.
Its done, your HTML nofollow tag is now added into the link.
How To Check Nofollow Links In Chrome
There is a lot of nofollow link checker chrome extension are available to check nofollow links.
Also Support Us By Liking Our Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ Page.
If you have any suggestion or problem about “rel=”nofollow tag” then please feel free to comment below.
Latest posts by Harvinder Singh Sharry (see all)
- What Is Widget In WordPress? How To Add & Use WordPress Widgets - April 15, 2018
- How To Install & Update WordPress Plugins By Manually or Using FTP - April 2, 2018
- How To Download, Edit And Add Sitemap To Robots txt file - March 23, 2018