Wondering about How to Read Shards in Cyberpunk 2077? Say no more! Cyberpunk is a video game developed by th CD Projekt RED. This action-adventure, role-play game is set in Night City. One of the many features of Cyberpunk 2077 is shards. It is a readable item.
This game is about the dystopian future where advanced technology will allow people to implant cybernetic implants to enhance the functioning and strength of the human body. Hundreds of shards; can be seen throughout the game, whether during main or side missions, while looting enemies, or exploring the ocean in Cyberpunk.
Here are some ways to read shards in Cyberpunk2077:
Table of Contents
How to read Shards on PlayStation
You might not be able to read the shards the moment you collect them, but luckily all the data shards are saved in the Shard Menu itself, and you have complete access to the saved data, and you can look for them on your PlayStation whenever you want to just by following these few steps.
- Press the Touchpad of your PlayStation.
- You can see Inventory Menu on your screen.
- Slide to the right, find “Journal,” and select it.
- Select the Shards option from the drop-down list.
- Now you can see the Shards Menu, which has all the data you have collected in the game.
How to Read Shards on PC
To read shards in Cyberpunk 2077, try to find the Inventory Menu on your PC screen and then click open it.
- Press “I” on your keyboard to open the Inventory Menu.
- Now look for the Journal tab.
- Then you can see the drop-down menu and select the Shards option.
- And you can see all your collected shards.
- Read the shards; the unread ones will be marked as New.
How to Read Shards on Xbox
There is only one method to access the shards in the Cyberpunk 2077 video game, which can show you the Shards Menu so you can see every bit of data you collect in the game.
- Press the View Button on your Xbox.
- Then the Inventory Menu will appear.
- Go to your right and a drop-down menu with an option of Journal.
- Select the option of Shards beneath the Journals.
How to Crack the Encrypted Shards in Cyberpunk 2077
To crack the encrypted Shard, you must open it from notification as soon as you receive it, or you can always choose the other method mentioned below.
- Go to Journal.
- Open Shards from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, choose Crack Security.
How can Players crack the Militech Datashard in Cyberpunk 2077
In The Pickup Quest, you can call and meet Meredith Stout, and the conversation leads to Militech Datashard with some reward. Now you can use your hacking knowledge; you can use Breach Protocol on the chip to hack the security Militech Datashard in Cyberpunk 2077.
- Open the Journal option.
- Select the Shards tab and scroll down to the bottom.
- Choose Militech Datashard.
- Now press “F” to hack the security on the chip.
By breaching the security of the chip, players will get two sequences:
- Neutralize Malware on the shards (55, 1C, E9)
- Datamine Copy Malware (BD, BD, FF, 55).
Completing both sequences can be possible, and here is how you can hack the Militech Datashard:
- BD: Top row, fifth column.
- BD: Bottom row, fifth column.
- FF: Bottom row, fourth column.
- 55: Fourth row, fourth column.
- 1C: Fourth row, second column.
- E9: Bottom row, second column.
Now you can proceed with The Pickup Mission.
How many categories of Shards are there in the CP2077
There are 12 categories of Shards in CP 2077.
- People of Night City.
- Religion and Philosophy.
The Shards in Cyberpunk 2077 give a very immersive and captivating way to interact with the game world; they give you information about the story and lore of CP2077. Players can access the new location and places from where they have collected the Shards. However, some shards are encrypted and cannot be read, nor can anyone tell their meaning until we decrypt the security.
Some players might have questions about Shards, like where they can read Shards in Cyberpunk 2077, but everything mentioned above is as detailed as possible. All 12 categories of Shard are mentioned, and how they are beneficial for the player of Cyberpunk 2077. They are helpful and can be found throughout the game and also help players to give all the information about Cyberpsychoes in the Night City.