The development of every company is closely connected to and directly dependent on a modern IT infrastructure. To provide employees with modern and reliable tools, each IT department has to spend a lot of time and money on infrastructure upgrades, configuration, support, monitoring, and much more.
Every modern company today has the following major challenges:
- Controlling and managing the variety of devices used by employees
- managing servers and applications
- ensuring reliable use of corporate data and its protection from external threats
- ensuring uninterrupted operation of services
Microsoft 365 runs on a global network of data centers protected by strong multi-tiered security, and the Microsoft SLA (service level agreement) guarantees customers uptime 99.9 percent of the time. IT JOBS WATCH reports that demand for Microsoft Dynamics developer and Microsoft Dynamics consultant vacancies has grown by about 76% in the UK market alone. Demand growth for Microsoft Dynamics specialists was about 30%, with the salary of a certified Microsoft Dynamics specialist increasing by about £2,500 a year.
Microsoft data centers are the largest in the world and are equipped with the latest equipment, uninterrupted power supply, and secure from unauthorized access.
Microsoft 365 is a comprehensive set of cloud products and services of Microsoft for the organization of employees’ workplaces, collaboration, and corporate communications – Windows 10, Office 365, and security tools. Microsoft 365 provides work with mail, general and personal documents, contacts, and calendars on almost all devices.
Table of Contents
Microsoft Dynamics NAV
MS Dynamics service providers such as Navision, or Microsoft Dynamics NAV, is an ERP system from Microsoft designed specifically for medium and small businesses.
Systems of business performance management, which includes Microsoft Dynamics NAV is an MS Dynamics business solution that provides companies with integrated functionality for quick and reliable information about the state of the business, financial accounting, management of production, distribution, projects, services, and customer relationships including.
To develop new services, implement them, and integrate them with other systems you need Microsoft Dynamics NAV developers.
The benefits of having an MS Dynamics NAV developer on your team for a business that dynamically evolves:
- Flexible and easy modification of the system to meet business needs;
- Ability to forecast and plan resources;
- Ability to scale with dynamic growth;
- Three-tier architecture;
- Multicurrency and consolidation;
- Multilingual user-friendly interface;
- Possibility to maintain several types of accounting at the same time;
- Ability to work from mobile devices;
- Possibility of placing in the cloud.
Types of MS Dynamics Developers
1: Microsoft Dynamics CRM;
2: Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Navision developer);
3: Microsoft Dynamics GP;
4: Microsoft Dynamics AX.
From a developer’s perspective, Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a platform for developing CRM and ERP systems, adapting them to the company-specific business logic.
A Microsoft Dynamics 365 developer can deal with platform configuration where no code is necessary. For example, you can configure interface elements (entities, fields, etc.), create forms, set rules for workflows through the administrator interface. It is essential for a developer to realize the configuration in order to understand what original features are included in the platform.
Direct development for Microsoft Dynamics 365 is called customization, which implies extending the platform’s standard features and creating new functions to meet the specific company requirements.
Most often, Microsoft Dynamics 365 customization includes the following tasks:
- Plugin development.
A developer writes plug-ins to implement the necessary business logic within Microsoft Dynamics 365. An example of a plugin can be the automation of a process, for example, so that after a new customer contacts the CRM generates a list of tasks for the sales manager.
- Creating Web Resources.
Web resources are files that are used to extend standard Microsoft Dynamics 365 forms. For example, creating this component will be required to export charts with data from Power BI to Microsoft Dynamics 365 applications.
- Creating custom reports and dashboards.
The development of custom reports and dashboards involves creating pages for them and implementing the logic by which the necessary data must be received and processed.
- Integration with third-party services.
It is often necessary to integrate Microsoft Dynamics 365 with third-party applications that the business uses, such as a company website or ITSM system. When implementing Microsoft Dynamics 365 into a company’s IT infrastructure, you may need to migrate data, such as from a previous CRM or ERP system the business was working with.
What Tasks Need To Be Performed by the MS Dynamics Nav Developer?
- Development of new and improvement of existing functionality in ERP system;
- Development of procedures for complex data integration (automated exchange);
- Development of new and updated existing API;
- Developing additional modules in the company’s systems using PL / SQL, T-SQL, JS, C#;
- Implementation and maintenance of Microsoft Business Central 365 (.NET C #, JS, AL);
- Participation in the implementation of ERP / CRM systems.
Necessary Skills for Dynamics Developer:
In order to start developing in Dynamics 365, knowledge of the programming language is not enough. In addition to the language, you need to know what the ERP system and its processes are, as well as knowledge of various related systems.
- Databases, SQL, and SSMS skills;
- Net knowledge;
- Knowledge of foreign languages;
- Understanding and knowledge of Business processes;
- Knowledge of markup languages like HTML, XML, CSS styles language, and JSON format will be a plus.
Necessary Tools for Dynamics Developers:
Below is a list of the main software and tools needed for development (not including standard Windows tools):
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 For Finance and Operations;
- Visual Studio;
- SQL Server Management Studio;
- Microsoft Office Excel;
- Microsoft Office Word.
Below is a sample resume for MS Dynamics developers:
Microsoft 365 is not only the flexibility and predictability of costs for unified communications, collaboration, and business productivity tools but also reduces the implementation cost of on-premises servers. In addition, Microsoft 365 can work together with already built-in local servers, allowing you to choose the best hybrid configuration of on-premises software and online services for the needs of the organization and customers.