Do you want to call voicemail? Nowadays, voicemails aren’t almost as popular as text messages or emails. But even so, your smartphone still has its voicemail inbox, which you can access at any time.
Different phone models have their kinds of voice mailboxes, but almost every Android phone lets you call it in the same way. Here’s how to call your voicemail inbox on an Android mobile.
Table of Contents
Voicemail service by telephone service carriers
You can use your telephone service provider to set up voicemail on your mobile. The option to using your carrier voicemail is using Google Voice service as your voicemail server.
You can set up voicemail on an android phone or iPhone within minutes easily by following the steps below. The method can differ slightly from carrier to carrier or as per the different telephone service providers.
How to set up voicemail on an Android Mobile
- Open Settings on your Android phone.
- Tap on Call settings and select Voicemail.
- Sometimes you may require to type voicemail on your Settings search or browse manually to calculate out the right path to access voicemail settings. It may be named Voicemail settings or Voicemail Setup, or easily Setup.
- When you access Voicemail setup settings, choose your carrier under Voicemail Service.
- Select the Voicemail number and type in your voicemail number – it can be your mobile number or someone else’s number where you want your voicemails to reach.
- A popup will come on your Android phone saying the voicemail number changed. Click OK.
- Open the dialer on your android mobile and dial 1. Your mobile should call the voicemail service of the carrier you selected during the voicemail setup.
- The voice command will provide you a PIN or password on call. Please enter it.
- Record your name by speaking acutely when the voice commands prompt you.
- Then decide what you want callers to hear when they call you, but you are not answering. You can prefer from default greetings or record one of your own when prompted by the voice command.
- A few other settings might be needed, which differ according to mobile service providers. Follow the voice commands to go through those.
- Finishing the process means you successfully set up voicemail on your android phone.
How to set up voicemail on iPhone
- Enter the Phone app on your iPhone home screen, and hit the Voicemail icon on the right corner to open your visual voicemail.
- A ‘Set up’ key will appear on the iPhone screen. If you have used voicemail on your iPhone before, start your oil password. If this is your first time, generate a new password and enter it. Select ‘Done when finished.
- Next, you will get the Greeting screen on your iPhone, where you can record your greeting for voicemails. For a personalized greeting, select ‘Custom’ and record you’re greeting. Play it back to yourself to check. Hit done when you are happy with your recorded greeting.
But if you are okay with a Default greeting for your voicemail set up on your iPhone, click ‘Done’ to skip this step.
- Now you know the entire process of how to set up voicemail on your iPhone.
In case the Apple visual voicemail is not up to your expectations, you can use an iOS visual voicemail application such as AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, or Sprint.
How to call voicemail on an Android mobile
The simplest way to check your Android voicemail is to open up your phone’s dial pad — the pad you utilize to enter phone numbers — and hold down the number 1 If you look nearly, it should even have a little icon that looks like a tape recording below it.
You’ll be taken immediately to your voicemail inbox. If your phone isn’t nearby, or the battery is gone, you can access your mailbox from another phone. 1. From another phone, call your phone number.
Wait for the recorded Please leave a message greeting to begin playing, then tap the pound key (#) on the phone’s dial pad. Enter your voicemail pin. You’ll now have entrance and control over your voicemail inbox.
If you favor reading text transcripts of your Android voicemails, then go to the Google Play Store and install a visual voicemail app, like “My Visual Voicemail” or “Voxist.”
How to Access Your Voicemail Using Visual Voicemail
A different way to access and manage your voicemail is by using Visual Voicemail:
- Open the Phone app.
- Tap Visual Voicemail. If you don’t view it, make sure Visual Voicemail is enabled.
- Proceed to listen and manage your voicemails.
How to Enable Visual Voicemail on Android
If your carrier supports Visual Voicemail, you may require to enable it.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Visual Voicemail.
- In Visual Voicemail, select Permissions.
- Toggle the Phone setting to on. The toggle should turn blue.
- Manage your voicemail via Visual voicemail.
How to Check Your Voicemail from a Computer
If your carrier doesn’t support Visual Voicemail, utilize a third-party application to access Visual Voicemail. Depending on the application you use, the app can access your voicemail via the web, which means that you can manage messages from any computer or laptop.
To check your Android voicemail on a system with the YouMail app:
- Sign up for a YouMail account if you don’t have anyone.
- Enter your favorite browser and navigate to YouMail, then choose Sign In.
- Enter your credentials, then select Sign In.
- Your new voicemails are listed in the Recent Messages segment. Choose the Play icon next to the voicemail you require to listen to or tap Inbox to see more messages.
- In your Inbox, select the desired message. Note the options you can pick from in the lower-right corner: Forward, Delete, Save, Notes, Replay, and Block.
- Maintain your voicemail from any device that supports YouMail.
Is the voicemail number the same as the phone number?
Generally, the Voicemail Retrieval number is not the same as your mobile number. However, you can access your voicemail using your mobile number if you’re calling from a different device.
How do I access voicemail from Phone Co?
Dial *98 from your home phone. If you are away from home, dial your access number, follow the prompts, or dial your phone number, then press the * key when you hear the greeting. Next, enter your PIN and follow the prompts.