Are you searching for how to cancel Xbox game pass? Before canceling Xbox Game Pass, remember you’ll miss access to all games via the service. Unless games have been bought permanently, you’ll need to renew your subscription to play them again.
It is straightforward to cancel the Xbox game pass subscription, whether you had opted for a paid subscription or a free trial. You can cancel it only by using a browser and from the webpage of the Microsoft site. The option to cancel the Xbox game pass subscription using the console was available prior, but now you can’t cancel it using your Xbox console.
Table of Contents
What is Xbox Game Pass?
Xbox Games Pass gives you access to more than 200 games to download and play on your Xbox One for one monthly fee. Plus, if you upgrade to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, you also get Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass for PC, and, soon, access to the Project xCloud cloud gaming service, all for the same price. You can download the games and play them as often as you like, as long as you continue to pay the monthly fee.
Some titles might become unavailable as others are added, but you also can buy any of the collection outright at discounted prices. Xbox One, Xbox 360, and original Xbox games are part of the line-up, the latter two through backward compatibility, so there are plenty of top titles.
What is the Cost of Xbox Games Pass?
Xbox Games Pass Ultimate is priced at $14.99/£10.99 a month. You can cancel at any time. As mentioned, it includes Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Games Pass for PC. Plus, when it is officially released, Microsoft’s cloud gaming service, Project xCloud, will also be available as part of Ultimate at no extra cost.
The standard console-only version of Games Pass doesn’t involve Gold or the PC version. It costs $9.99/ to £7.99 a month. Finally, you can get the PC-only version for $4.99/£3.99 at the moment.
How to Cancel Xbox Game Pass
- Log in to account.microsoft.com in a web browser.
- Now, on the top bar of the webpage, go to the ‘services & subscriptions’ option.
- Here the Xbox game pass option will be presented if you have subscribed for it.
- When you see this option, what you need to do is that near this Xbox game pass option, click on the ‘manage’ option and click on the ‘cancel’ option.
- You will get two options- one, to not charge again next month and two, to end your subscription soon and get a refund. Choose one of them.
- If you choose the second option (i.e., complete subscription now and get a return), you will lose the Xbox game pass access right away.
- After that, you just need to confirm the cancellation.
- Now, your Xbox game pass subscription will have been eliminated.
This is the second method to cancel the Xbox game pass i.e., by stopping the recurring payments. You can pick this method to cancel it if you are sure that you will not be playing games after the next billing date of the Xbox game pass subscription and if you desire to play only till that date. To cancel via this method, follow these steps:
- First, you need to log in to account.microsoft.com.
- Then, go to the ‘services & subscriptions’ option on the top bar of the webpage.
- There you will see the Xbox game pass choice if you have subscribed for it.
- If you see near this Xbox game pass option, you will find the ‘manage’ option, click on this ‘manage’, and click on ‘change’ next to where recurring billing information is displayed.
- Click on the ‘turn off recurring billing’ option.
- Then what you need to do is just confirm cancellation.
- You will now be ready to play your Xbox game pass games until the subscription ends automatically around the next billing date.
- You won’t be charged on your next usual billing date, and your Xbox game pass access will be canceled after that.
What Will Happen if You Cancel the Xbox Game Pass Subscription?
It is essential to note that after you cancel the Xbox game pass subscription, all the games will become inaccessible to you, which were accessible to you when you were subscribed to the Xbox game pass.
However, if you had purchased any of the games, then they will remain accessible to you. Also, you do not need to worry about losing the progress you had made in particular Xbox games when you unsubscribe from the Xbox game pass.
You will resume from where you left off in those games once you subscribe to it again. Your achievements that you made while playing the Xbox will remain with you even after you unsubscribe from the Xbox game pass.
It only takes a few seconds to cancel an Xbox Game Pass or disable automatic renewal. Given that Microsoft has been offering two months of Xbox Game Pass for 2$, it’s likely that loads of new gamers are checking out the service.
Share the post if you get the appropriate information and share your valuable thoughts and suggestions in the comment section below.