How to change snapchat username & display name? Taking on the likes of Instagram, Facebook, Josh, and even Tik-Tok, Snapchat is one of the most popular social media applications in the market. The Snapchat app has been downloaded over 1 billion times and has a Google Play Store rating of 4.2. While some people find it complicated to understand or difficult to use the app, there are millions of users globally who use the Snapchat app on a daily basis. If you are a new user of the platform, our guide will assist you.
We’ll show you how to change your Snapchat display name in this article and how to get started by creating a new Snapchat account. Prior to that, it’s worth noting that Snapchat display names and usernames are completely different. Your display name is what appears on Snapchat, and you can change it whenever you want. The platform allows you to change your display name easily, just as Instagram does. However, if you want to change your user name, you will need to create a new account to get a new username. Here’s how you can do both.
Forgot Snapchat Username
Have you ever felt it was time to make a change? It’s important to change your Snapchat username from time to time. Snapchat’s username can be changed in a matter of seconds, as you may have imagined. If you think that changing a Snapchat username can be done just by navigating to settings and editing your username. If you think so, you are totally on the wrong side of the coin.
Snapchat usernames cannot be changed so easily with such a method. Sadly, Snapchat doesn’t let users alter their usernames for some security issues. As a result, Snapchat users are required to stick with their current username as long as they wish to remain in the same account. Don’t worry much! There is a brilliant way to replace your Snapchat username with a custom display name.
Even forgetting your Snapchat username is possible in some cases. In this case, you should change the username to make it easier to access. As I mentioned earlier, it is not possible to change your Snapchat username like you can on Facebook. You can follow the below guide to get rid of your old Snapchat username using some of the simple methods.
How to Change your Snapchat Display Name?
You can change your Snapchat Display Name by following these steps.
- Click on your profile picture on the left top of Snapchat.
- Tap the Settings icon at the top right to open the Settings page.
- On the “My Account” page, tap “Name”.
- Remove the existing username, enter the preferred display name and click on save.
Even if you change your display name, other users will still see the display name you chose when you were first added. However, new friends will be able to see your updated display name.
How to create a Snapchat username and account
A Snapchat username is set when you create an account, and the app does not allow you to change it for security reasons. Therefore, in order to get a new username, you will need to create a new Snapchat account.
The application can be downloaded for free from both the Google Play Store (Android) and the App Store (iOS). The application contains ads and offers in-app purchases. Here is how you can create a new Snapchat username and account if you are considering joining the platform.
- Download Snapchat for Android or iOS.
- Select “Sign up” from the app’s home screen.
- Click “Continue” and grant the necessary permissions like contacts, phone, location, and camera.
- On the Sign up & Accept page, enter your first name and last name.
- Enter your birthday and click on “Continue”
- In the next screen, you will be suggested a username based on your name, but you can edit it here and select “Continue”. (You will not be able to change your username, later on, so choose wisely.
- Enter a password for your username (at least 8 characters) and click “Continue”
- You can either enter your mail ID or phone number to complete the setup on the next screen.
- If you have picked the phone number in the previous setup, verify it by using the OTP.
After completing the aforementioned steps, you will be directed to the application. It is possible to find your friends and add them, or you can skip this step and add friends later. Once you have opened the Snapchat account, you can start posting stories, snaps, playing games, and starting streaks with your friends.
Is it necessary to delete your Snapchat account in order to change your username?
Changing your username can only be done by deleting your account and creating a new one. If you delete your account, you will no longer have access to your account data, Snap streaks, or Memories. Your new account will have to be created.
In most cases, Snapchat users resolve the username issue by changing their Snapchat Display Name and keeping their old username. Open your profile page and choose to deactivate your account if you still want to delete your Snapchat account. Snapchat holds your account as inactive for 30 days before deleting it permanently.