A Gamertag is as essential in the world of gaming as it is a person’s identity in the Xbox gaming world. If your device has a bad Gamertag, it would be difficult for you to make new gamers’ friends to level up. That’s why it’s crucial to change a name on Xbox. So here in this guide, we will help you with how to change your Xbox Gamertag.
Moreover, it is helpful as it allows players to share their identities or profiles with other gamers, usually made from their avatars or gamer pics. There are various ways to change the game tag name. Even if you do not have a console, you can still change the name without an Xbox. For instance, if you choose a game tag that another has already taken, the system will add a four-digit number next to the username you have selected.
What Is Meant By Gamertag?
A Gamertag is a specific name that you give to yourself in the gaming world, and you can also change it if you do not like your game tag. The purpose of the game tag is to show your identity, and a good game tag helps you increase your friends, which helps you level up. A gamerpic represents a user profile, and a Gamertag appears on the right of the gamerpic.
In addition, when you create an account for your Xbox console, it will automatically give you a Gamertag. So you can share your identity with other players. After some time, if you feel your username is not good or attractive, you can also change your Gamertag. So here, we will learn how to change the game tag.
Can We Change Xbox Gamertag for free?
It is important to be recognizable in the gaming world, and a Gamertag serves as a player’s identity. Most players are unaware of the game tag’s importance and randomly choose the name. You can only change the Gamertag once for free, and after that, you have to pay to alter the Gamertag. Remember that the previous username will not be used again unless the Xbox team releases it.
How Can We Change Xbox Gamer tag?
An Xbox Gamertag is essential to show yourself in the gaming world. You can make it according to your personality by using an avatar picture with a cool username. In various ways, you can change the name of your Xbox Gamertag. So, in this section, we will go over the multiple methods for changing the game tag.
1. Change the Xbox Game TagUsing the Xbox App on PC
When you log in to the Xbox app, your first game tag automatically comes out. So here are some steps you should follow to change the game tag on the Xbox app.
- Log in to the Xbox App on Windows 10 using your Microsoft account email address and password, as well as your game tag.
- From the left corner of the home screen, locate your game and choose it.
- After that, select the “Customize” button from the top of the profile screen.
- Then, press “Change Gamertag.”
- Next, type the text for your preferred gamer tag and tap on Check Availability.
- Moreover, choose the Gamertag you want to use and press the “Change Gamertag” button to confirm it.
- After that, the name will be changed, and Xbox will show the new name to your friends.
2. Change Your Xbox Gamertag Name Online
You can also change the game tag online. So here are some steps that might help you change the name online.
- Go to the Xbox social webpage and log in with the Microsoft account email address and password linked with your gamer tag.
- Choose the new name of the gamer tag you want and choose “select availability.” Remember to choose the game tag that must contain 12 characters, including spaces, and not start with the number.
- If the message pops up on the screen that “the name is not available,” try a different game tag.
- After that, check the Gamertag you selected to see how it will look on the Xbox services.
- In addition, if the desired gamer tag has already been used, you can also use different suffixes and symbols to make a game tag unique.
3. Change Your Xbox Gamertag Using the Xbox Console Series
You can modify the Xbox game tag by using consoles. Follow the steps to change the game tag.
- First, hit the Xbox button on the controller to untie the guide.
- Then, tap on Profile and System and choose your game tag.
- Next, click on My Profile, then Customize Profile, where you have to choose your gamer tag.
- After that, select the desired game tag title, enter it into the text box, and tap on the Check Availability option.
- Review your game tag to see how it looks across the Xbox consoles.
- Then, confirm the game tag if you find it satisfactory.
4. Change the Xbox Gamertag from the Xbox 360 Console
Follow the steps below that help you change the Game tag using the Xbox 360 series.
- Launch the Xbox 360 console and navigate to the social. Then, choose the login or log-out options.
- Tap on your Profile to log in. Move right to settings and tap the Profile.
- After that, tap on Edit Profile, then Gamer Tag, and enter your desired Gamertag.
- Next, enter “okay” to complete the gamer tag and save the changes when entering the desired gamer tag.
- If it shows that the game tag is already in use, then try to modify it again.
- If not, then hit okay to confirm the game tag.
Can We Change Our Gamertag By Using Our Microsoft Account?
Yes, we can change the Gamertag of the Xbox. You will be charged a $9.99 fee. The whole process will remain the same. But if this is the second time you’ve changed the game tag, you have to pay for it. In addition, if you apply to change the game tag, the Xbox will make sure that you are entitled to the fee charged or not. Then it will show you how to pay the amount to change the game tag to make the payment with your Microsoft account.
A Gamertag greatly influences other players if you accidentally put in the bad game tag, and now you want to change it. So, the blog walks through all the possible methods to change the Xbox Gamertag. But you can change it the first time. It will not cost you anything. But after that, it will cost you some amount each time you change the game tag. If you have any queries, do not worry. Feel free to comment on the related topic.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.