Browsing history is quite helpful in looking for old history items. Everything you browse, everything you search is maintained as a list in chrome or any other browser. Whenever you need any link to visit again you can just go to the history and find it. However, too much history can be a hurdle in the smooth working of the browser you have. In this article, we will discuss how to clear Google search history from Chrome or any other browser you use. Erasing history is not a difficult task but surely you should know how to do it.
Table of Contents
Clear Search History In Windows
To clear Google search history in windows is a simple and easy task as most people use Windows as their primary operating system. Users know how to navigate through the interface and how to use the environment. You have to follow the steps below to clear Google search history from Google Chrome in windows.
- Open the Google Chrome
- In the Top-right corner of the Chrome Browser click on the 3-Dot
- Hover mouse over the History menu, click on the History Option in the further menu.
- In the next window, in the left pane, click on the Clear Browsing History.
- In the new window, select an option, Basic and
- Basic gives you the option to delete basic histories like browsing history, Cookies, and Cache Images and Files.
- Advance gives you the freedom to delete many of the other options like Passwords, Site Settings, and Hosted App Data.
- Select the option you like and click on the Clear Data
- It will also delete Autofill chrome data.
Clear Google Search History On Android
Android smartphone runs a powerful Android operating system. Android smartphones have become an important part of our lives today. What if having a ton of browsing history makes your browser slow on android. To clear Google history on android follow the steps below:
- Open the Chrome browser in android.
- Tap on the 3-Dot
- Tap on History.
- Now, click on Clear Browsing history.
- Select the Basic or Advance.
- Check the data you want to delete and tap on the Clear Data
Clear Google Search History On iOS
iOS is an operating system developed by Apple for Apple device users. Just like android, you can clear the search history of Google from iOS by following the steps below:
- Open the Chrome
- In the Bottom Right
- Tap on the History
- In the bottom left corner tap on the Clear Browsing History
- Select all the data you want to delete, and then tap on the Clear Browsing Data at the bottom.
Clear Search History of Google on Safari Browser
Safari Browser if developed for iOS operating system users. And, like chrome browser you can clear Google search history from safari as well.
- Open the Safari
- Go to the Settings.
- In the settings, tap on the Clear History and Website Data.
- A warning pop-up will appear.
- Either tap on the Clear History and Data or tap on Cancel.
Clear Google Search History On Firefox
Firefox is an amazing and powerful browser for internet surfing. One difference between Chrome browser and Firefox is that Firefox is already heavier than Google Chrome browser, therefore, if it gets heavier with a load of browsing history it might get worse. To clear the browsing history from Firefox follow the steps below:
- Open the Firefox
- On the top right corner Click on the 3-Line
- Click on Options in the menu.
- In the left pane, click on Privacy & Security.
- Scroll down and look for History.
- Click on the Clear History
- Check the data you want to delete.
- Click on the Ok
Clear Google History On Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge is the default browser of Windows. It is lightweight and very fast as compared to other browsers. To clear Google search history from Microsoft Edge follow the steps below:
- Open the Microsoft Edge.
- Click on History.
- Further click on the 3-Dot
- Click on the Clear browsing data.
- Check all the Check Boxes of the data you want to delete.
It is undeniable fact that browsing history puts an extra load on the browser and it can make you frustrated sometimes that your browser is not working as fast as it should be. Therefore, is absolutely necessary to Clear Google Search History from your browsers regularly. When you Clear Google history it can also clear the Hosted app data from your browser and make it work faster.