Instagram is a popular social media site where you can post photographs and videos with friends and family. As with any other prominent social media network, people are increasingly interested in hacking Instagram accounts.
While it is illegal and unethical to hack someone else’s account, ethical hacking can be used to improve security and defend against malicious attacks. This article will discuss how to hack an Instagram account and what to do if your account is hacked.
Table of Contents
Hacking on social media platforms is a growing problem. In recent years, there have been several high-profile cases, including those of celebrities and politicians. According to Notch’s research, an Instagram creator account is hacked every 10 minutes on average, implying that over 50,000 creator accounts are compromised yearly. The hacking rate for all accounts, not just creator accounts, is substantially greater.
More than a million social media account takeover (ATO) cases happened in 2022, with 85% of victims reporting that their Instagram account was hacked. Every year, scammers earn over $3 billion in revenue from internet-based attacks alone, and hacking accounts for a significant percentage of these malicious instances.
Related Read: What is the Future of Instagram Influencer Marketing?
How to Hack an Instagram Account: Top 5 Ways
Wondering how to hack someone’s Instagram account? Let’s look into the 5 common methods.
Phishing is a technique that hackers frequently use to access Instagram accounts. Hackers just design a fake Instagram login page and wait for the victim to submit their account details and Instagram password. Hackers develop this fake login screen using specialized applications intended to assist Instagram users in managing their accounts more effectively.
The fake page collects the information and sends it to the hacker in a text file so they may easily access it. Now that they have the account password, the hacker can access the Instagram profile whenever they want.
2. Passwords Storage
Android and iPhone phone users can store account passwords within their phones so they don’t have to type them in each time they want to access their accounts. By tricking you into clicking a login link, hackers can gain remote access to your device and view your files, where they may find the login information to all the websites you usually visit and get access to your saved passwords if they weren’t secured with face/touch ID.
3. Keylogger + Password
Keylogger applications are widely available in the market. They will run in the background and capture any typing on the target device. If you want to figure out how to hack an Instagram account of someone else, always use reliable third-party apps.
In other words, after installing keylogger software on the intended device, hackers may see everything the person enters, including passwords, account information, and financial data.
4. Guess the Account’s Password
We’ve all heard the suggestion to change our passwords every three months and always use a randomly generated password for the highest level of protection. Hackers can effortlessly breach Instagram accounts if the passwords are simple and commonly used, such as a phone number, nickname, pet name, or partner’s name, to mention a few.
If you’re trying to hack someone’s Instagram account and you know them well, consider using their birthdate or the names of their family members as the password. Additionally, many users use the same password across multiple accounts, making it even simpler.
5. Fake Website Shared via Email
This method involves hackers sending you an email that looks like it was sent by Instagram and asking you to follow a link to update your password or finish a survey. Regardless of the email’s content, if you open the link and provide any credentials, the attacker can access your data and take over your Instagram account.
Why Do People Attempt to Hack Instagram?
Here are some reasons why people would want to Check Someone’s Private Instagram Account Details:
1. Parental Control
Parents are concerned about their children’s attraction to the photo-sharing app Instagram for amusement and social news and their vulnerability to predators and cyberbullies. Therefore it is normal for parents to want to monitor their children’s Instagram accounts.
2. For Catching a Cheating Spouse
Online emotional affairs or cyber-cheating are rather widespread these days since social media platforms like Instagram make it so simple to communicate with individuals. You’ll never learn what your spouse is trying to hide from you if you don’t hack their Instagram account.
3. For Employee Control & Monitoring
Employers may use technology to monitor employees on online activities, such as Instagram, to ensure that individuals work effectively and ensure their conduct is up to the company standards.
4. For Robbing Personal Data
Some people may attempt to hack into an account to obtain personal information, such as full name, birth date, or email address, to make purchases using the victim’s credit card or bank account.
Related Read: What Does POV Mean on Tiktok, Instagram &Youtube?
What to Do If Your IG Is Hacked
It’s important to act quickly to prevent damage if you believe that your Instagram account has been hacked. Here is how to secure your Instagram account after a hack:
- Change your account password immediately to prevent the hacker from changing it. Go to the login page, click “Forgot password,” and follow the instructions to reset your password.
- Go to your account settings and click “Security,” then select “Log out of all sessions.” This will log you out of your account on all devices, including the one that may have been compromised.
- To increase the security of your account, set up two-factor authentication. It adds a layer of protection to your account by requiring a verification code and your password.
- Check your device for viruses and remove any questionable software that is identified. Also, update any other online accounts that use the same password.
- Review your account for any suspicious posts or messages you did not create and promptly remove them to prevent further fraudulent activities.
- If you still have access to your account, go to your account settings. And follow the instructions to report the hacked Instagram account.
- If you cannot access your profile, reach out to Instagram support by contacting the Help Center and providing as much information as possible to help Instagram verify your identity.
- If your account has been compromised, it’s important to let your friends know. This way, they can be aware of any scammers who may have contacted them on your behalf.
That is it, then! These are some effective sites on how to hack into someone’s Instagram account. However, it’s important to remember that hacking into someone’s Instagram account without permission is illegal and unethical. It is always better to utilize these methods for ethical purposes and avoid indulging in illegal activities.