On the video-sharing platform, YouTube content creators are measured as popular when it has many subscribers on their YouTube channel. In early 2020 YouTube server launched a feature to hide the subscribers count from other YouTube users.
Also Read: How To Unsubscribe from YouTube Channel
However, this feature is detached, allowing you to fully concentrate on producing quality content without the distortion of numbers. But there are two simple privacy options or substitutes that might accommodate you.
In this guide, we will inform you about hiding the subscription count on your YouTube channel.
Table of Contents
Why Can’t I Hide My Subscribers on YouTube?
As the update of June 2020 on YouTube, the server announced removing the option to hide channel subscriber counts. Before that, YouTube channels could select the option not to display their subscriber numbers. Many people may select this feature because displaying the subscriber count could turn away viewers and decrease trustworthiness.
Moreover, this feature is also frequently used by channels impersonating platform users. So, the presence of their channel itself is not a problem. However, when scammers impersonate popular YouTubers in the comment section, it can confuse and affect the content’s legitimacy.
These scammers aim to deceive viewers by manipulating their subscriber count, making it difficult for regular users to differentiate between the real YouTuber and an imposter like PewDiePie.
To address this issue, limiting the options available to these scammers to protect users from falling victim to their schemes becomes important. It would contribute to a more transparent environment on YouTube and enable users to make informed judgments about the authenticity of subscribers, comments, and channels.
How to Hide the Number of Subscribers on YouTube on PC
As mentioned above, it is not probable to pelt the subscriber tally on the YouTube platform according to the update of July 2022. But 2 privacy options or substitutes will slightly help you to do that.
Remember that the privacy setting option below is applicable on a computer web browser. Users can’t directly hide subscribers on YT on mobile devices, smartphones, or Android and iPhone mobile apps.
1. Hide A Subscriber From your YouTube Channel
As we stated, people can’t hide the count of subscribers on their YouTube channel. But there is an alternative you can use to hide a single subscription from your YouTube channel. This option will help when you don’t want a specific person to see a subscriber’s remarks.
So when you use this method, other viewers’ remarks in the comment section will go. Those hidden users can also lack clips from your YouTube video content or live streams. However, the user will not get notified that they have been hidden. Plus, they would not get any replies until you reply to them.
Here we have shared the steps to hide a YouTube subscriber count from your channel on a desktop device.
- At first, copy the link of the person whom you want to hide from your channel.
- On the homepage of YouTube, you will see your profile icon at the top right corner.
- Tap on that, then hover over the YouTube Studio option from the pop-up menu list.
- Here tap on the settings option you will see on the left side panel.
- In the settings option, you will see the community option. Tap on that.
- Right-click the box in the hidden user’s box and choose the paste option.
- Next, hit or click save button to keep your changes. That’s it.
2. Hide your YT Channel Temporarily
Another option to hide your subscribers count visible to anyone is just to hide your YouTube channel. This accommodating option will make all your content private until you unhide it.
However, it will help you hide your channel name videos, likes count, playlists, subscriptions, and number of subscribers. It will also hide the eternally dumped comments you have ported on YouTube.
- First of all, search youtube.com on your web browser.
- Then log in to your YouTube channel if you have not already.
- Then hover over the profile page by clicking on the profile icon at the top right side.
- Now a small pop-up window will appear on your screen; choose the settings option here.
- On the settings page, navigate to the channel option on the left panel.
- Now hover over the advanced settings option from the right panel.
- In the advanced settings page, tap the remove YouTube content option at the bottom.
- After that, a new window will pop up here; choose I want to hide my channel.
- Then check mark all the boxes to approve which info must hide from your channel until you unhide your YouTube channel.
How to See Hidden Subscribers of My YouTube Channel
Suppose you hide subscribers from your YouTube channel. But you blow that person whom you have fleet from your YouTube. Now you want to see the concealed subscribers on your YouTube channel, follow the steps below.
- Log in to your YouTube, then tap on the profile icon.
- A small pop-up window will appear on your screen; choose the YouTube studio option here.
- After that, tap on the Recent Subscribers option from the bottom of the list on the YouTube studio page.
- Here you will see the users you hide from your subscriber list.
Remember that users with their subscription set to private will not be displayed, and spam accounts are also displayed.
Is it Good to Hide Subscribers on YouTube?
Whacking your subscriber count on YouTube has a couple of benefits. Like viewers take you more seriously, trust the validity of your content, and make you focus on better quality for your channel.
Here we have shared how hiding the subscriber count on Windows on your YouTube channel is good.
- Audiences may take you more Seriously
Embracing the practice to hide the number of subscribers on YouTube, you may find that potential subscribers regard your channel with increased seriousness. Compelling them to engage eagerly with your content without being influenced solely by your subscriber numbers.
- Viewers might Trust the Validity of your Channel
Many creators may not boast a sizable number of YouTube subscribers. It can be a delightful revelation to find that some users genuinely believe in their content and are eager to support it.
Even if what they say in their videos is legal and appreciated. Concealing your subscriber count until they reach at least 1000 subscribers can instill greater confidence in people, enhancing their trust and belief in your channel’s purpose.
- More Concentration on Creating Quality Content
When users can’t see their subscriber number, they can have more belief that they will join the voyage because of the exciting post they share. Not because of the hide or stand-in count number of subscribers on YouTube.
How to Show Your Hidden YouTube Channel
To unhide your YouTube channel, follow the below-mentioned steps.
If you have a personal YouTube channel, sign in to your account > profile icon > create a channel. Here fill out the form. As soon as you submit the form, your channel will be revealed.
If you have a brand account on YouTube, log in to your account > add or Manage channels option > hidden channel option > OK. That’s it.
How to Remove My Subscribers on YouTube
- Click on your YouTube profile icon it will open the pop-up menu.
- Now tap on the YouTube studio option from the profile icon menu.
- After that, tap on the see all option that you will see at the bottom of the page.
- Here you will see all the subscribers listed on this page. Select the one you want to remove.
- Once you click on your preferred subscribers, tap the About option on their page to remove or hide them on your YouTube channel.
- Now tap on the flag icon to launch a pop-up menu list. Here tap on the Block user option.