Are you guys aware of the term “apple pay”? If not, no worries, we will let you know about Apple Pay and how you can set it up on different Apple devices. The best thing about Apple Pay is that it replaces your cards and cash with an easier, safer, secure, and more private payment method. So, you can easily set up payments whether in a store, sending cash, or online. You just have to add the Card to the Wallet app on your iPhone, and now you are ready to make transactions. Furthermore, the app is already built-in to iOS devices, so you don’t have to go into detail to install the app.
Moreover, Apple Pay allows you to add a digital version of your cards to the wallet app. Once it is installed, you can use it to buy online. You can also use Apple Pay to get and receive payments from your friends and clients and make purchases from other businesses. There are some exceptions, such as Apple Pay, which only works in iOS and above, and on the web in Safari beginning with iOS 10 or macOS Sierra, and there are no charges for using this payment way.
Further read How to Activate Apple Card
Quick Guide to set up Apple Pay on iPhone
Here in this section we will walk you through the set up process of apple pay on various devices such as:
- Apple watch
Here are the steps to setup apple Pay on iPhone. so lets have a look.
- First, launch the wallet app on your iPhone.
- Then, click on the + option in the upper-right corner.
- Next, click on “Continue” on the Apple pay setup screen.
- After that, select the type of Card you wish to add to apple pay, which is may “a debit card or credit card” or “Apple card.” This selection is only available if you do not already have an Apple card.
- Now, apply the steps to add a new card in two different ways: scan the Card’s front side with your iPhone’s camera or manually type your card details. After that, click on “Next.”
- Next, type the Card’s expiration detail and pin code, and click on “Next.”
- After that, agree to the rules & conditions.
- Choose a confirmation method by text, call or email and type the code.
- Now, your bank or card issuer will confirm your credentials, and once your Card is confirmed, then click on “Next” to begin using apple pay.
Setting Up Apple Pay on Your iPad
If you wish to set up apple on your iPad, you can easily do it by following the steps below.
- First, launch the settings on your iPad.
- Move down to find and choose “Wallet & Apple Pay,” then “add a card.”
- Next, click on “Continue” on the apple pay setup screen.
- After that, apply the steps to add a card in one of two ways: first scan the front side of the Card with your camera or manually type the card credentials and click on “Next.”
- Now, type your Card’s expiration date and pin code.
- Tap on I agrees on rules and conditions.
- Next, choose a confirmation method by call, text, or email, enter the confirmation code, and click Next.
- Further, your card issuer will confirm your credentials and once it’s verified, click next to continue using apple pay.
How to Set up Apple Pay on your Apple watch
You can also setup your apple watch to the apple pay wallet by following the below steps.
- First, launch the Watch app on your iPhone and go to the My Watch tab.
- Second, click “Wallet & Apple Pay” and “Add card.”
- Third, click on “Continue” on the apple pay setup screen.
- Now, apply the steps to add a card, like scanning the from side of the Card with your iPhone’s camera or typing your card credentials.
- Then, type your card expiration date and pin code.
- Next, agree to the rules and conditions.
- Choose a method to confirm the card details through email, text, or call, and enter the confirmation code.
- Your banker will confirm your details and verify the Card. When it’s done, you can start using the apple pay wallet.
Setting up Apple Pay on Mac
If you wish to add a card to your Mac, you must have the model with Touch ID potential. But, if your Mac does not have Touch ID, you can still use Apple pay for online buying if you have an iPhone or Apple Watch. We will talk about it in the next section. Here are the steps you should apply to set up Apple on Mac models containing Touch ID.
- Open your System preferences on your Mac with Touch ID.
- Tap on “Wallet & Apple Pay” and tap on “Add card.”
- Then, click on “Continue” and apply the steps to add a Card, such as scanning the front of your Card with the Mac’s camera or manually typing your card information and tapping on “Next.”
- Next, type your Card’s expiration date and pin code and tap on I agree on rules & conditions.
- After that, choose a confirmation method; once verification is done, you can use your apple pay.
Further, if you own an older Mac version without ID, apply the steps below to set it.
- First, launch iPhone’s settings or the watch app (depending on your device).
- Click on “Wallet & Apple pay” and toggle on “Allow Payments on Mac.”
- Now, toggle on Bluetooth on your Mac.
- Further, if you again wish to shop online on your Mac using apple pay, having your apple watch or iPhone nearby will verify the payment.
How We Can Use Apple Pay
You can quickly make online purchases via apple pay by setting up and applying the following actions when you purchase online or in stores.
- iPhone or iPad with Face ID: Double-tap the side option, then use your face ID or password.
- Moreover, iPhones or iPad without Face ID: use a password or Touch ID.
- Apple Watch: double-tap the side button.
- Mac with Touch ID: Apply the touch bar commands and put your finger on Touch ID.
- Mac Without Touch ID: If you do not have a Touch ID, you can use Apple Pay on your Mac with other devices such as an iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch. To confirm the connectivity, the customer must ensure the device and Mac meet the setup requirements. They must be near each other, Bluetooth must be toggled on, and they should be signed in with the same iCloud account. After that, confirm the purchase by using touch ID on another device. The customer scans their fingerprint on their device to confirm the purchase.
Remember that using a passcode, Touch ID, or Face ID confirms that you approve the transaction. Moreover, if you own a Nat West international debit card registered with iTunes, details will be recovered from iTunes. However, you can proceed to add this Card, or you can select to add a new one. Nat West will confirm your details and may ask you to provide more information. Once you have, go back to your wallet and click on your Card.
Troubleshooting Guide- If ApplePay is Not Working
If you are using Cybersource, Data Payeezy, or Authorize.net, you will not see the option to enable Apple Pay in the admin, so you have to ask your payment processor to toggle on the network. If you are using Stripe, ensure you have allowed the terms of service, particularly for Apple Pay, from your service dashboard. Further, if you do not know your payment processor, ask your bank account provider.
1. Apple pay Option is not displaying in Checkout
To see the Apple Pay option in your Checkout, you should be using Safari 12.1 or macOS 10.14. If you are using the newest version of Safari and the option is still not showing, ensure you come across all the requirements for using Apple Pay. In addition, if your customer uses the Buy option to pay for their purchase, Apple Pay will not be accessible because that sales channel does not support it.
2. Apple Pay Option not appearing in Card Drawer
3. Apple Pay Option appears but is not Responsive
If you are using a supported Apple laptop, ensure the apple wallet on your device and check that your laptop’s lid is open. The apple pay option might be cold if your laptop is in closed-display mode.
4. Customers can’t Type a Discount Code
Your customers can use discount codes with Apple pay only if they type a code on the checkout page before tapping the Apple pay option. If you display the apple pay option on the cart page, your customers cannot go to the checkout page to type a code. So to tackle the issue, you have to show the apple pay option on the checkout page.
5. Error Occurs When Checking Out Via Apple Pay on Mac
If you see an error after attempting to Checkout with apple pay on a Mac, there might be a communication issue between your Mac and phone. So to confirm the connectivity, the customers must ensure the phone & computer meet the steps. They must be close to each other and log in with the same iCloud account.
Apple Pay allow users to pay safely and quickly through the online store and also allows to add one or more cards to a wallet. Now that you understand how to setup Apple Pay on different Apple devices. Hence, it also gives an accelerated checkout process to clients who pay for their purchases, so they don’t have to enter the details manually. You just have to tap the Apple Pay option and scan your fingerprint, which will provide the information to the payment provider. I hope the above guide helps you in setting up Apple Pay. Let us know in the comment section about your experience with Apple Pay.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.