How to turn off Incognito mode on iPhone? Incognito mode is similar to the private browsing feature on iPhones. If you don’t want anyone to know what you have looking for, that’s where the incognito mode & private browsing are helpful. You can easily exit the incognito mode by following this guide.
Apple first introduced incognito mode for their safari browser in 2005. Its popularity expanded, and later Google launched the incognito mode for chrome in 2008. And now every browser has a private mode.
After exploring in an incognito mode, you may want to turn off the private browsing & back to normal browsing. So, in this blog, we will walk you through how to disable the incognito mode on your iPhone. Keep on reading.
Table of Contents
How to Turn On Private Browsing Mode on my iPhone
If you search in incognito mode, the browser will not track cookies, cache, or history. It can be helpful if you want to private search or don’t want to see ads. Here’s how you can enable it.
- Launch Settings and choose Screen Time.
- Select Content & Privacy Restrictions settings.
- Next, tap on Content restriction settings.
- Open web content settings.
- After that, select unrestricted Access to turn on Private browsing mode.
- Then, launch the safari browser and tap on the Tabs icon.
- Click on Private and tap on done.
How to Turn Off Incognito Mode on iPhone (Simple Method)
Users are confused while turning off incognito mode on their iPhones. So here we will discuss how to disable the incognito mode on iPhone.
- Go to settings and tap on Screen time.
- Select Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Then, choose Content Restrictions.
- Further, tap on web content.
- Then, select “Limit adult websites” or “Allowed websites only.”
Note: if you choose Limit adult sites, it means your child or anyone won’t be able to explore any adult content. And if you tap on “allowed websites only,” it means you can only visit legitimate sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and others.
How to Turn off Incognito Mode in Chrome on iPhone
This mode in chrome on Iphone runs differently from the regular chrome browser. To turn on the mode, you just have to tap on the More option and click on incognito mode. It will view the new tab for private browsing.
But, if you want to turn off the incognito mode on iPhone chrome, you can toggle between the regular & private windows.
If you don’t know how to turn off the incognito mode, here’s how:
- To disable the incognito search on iPhone chrome, open the chrome browser.
- Choose the square option to switch between incognito & regular windows.
- Then, you can choose the X icon to close the incognito mode.
Should You Disable Incognito Mode on iPhone?
However, if we talk about privacy, people think it’s necessary to hide the visiting sites’ records sometime.
You can easily hide your online record using incognito mode or private web browsing; your details, including cache, cookies, and history, would not save. But then again, if you switch to incognito mode, some websites still track your activities.
Hence, you can turn it off if there’s nothing personal. If you really want to keep everything private, even from the sites you explore, you should start using a VPN. Here’s our guide Best Free VPNs.
Yes, you can check your private browsing history, but you can only see the website’s name and how much data is consumed on that site. You cannot entirely access the private browsing history. To check the private browsing history:
• Launch the settings and open safari.
• Move down and tap on Advanced settings.
• Then, click on website data.
Yes, you can do it by following the below steps:
• Go to the settings app on your Iphone.
• Choose safari and move down to find Clear history and website data.
• Verify it by clicking on Clear History & data.
If you are an android user and want to turn off the incognito mode on the Android device. Follow the below steps.
• Go to the chrome app and click on the More option.
• Select settings and tap on-site settings.
• Next, choose “incognito mode.”
• Now, turn off incognito mode by clicking on toggling off the switch.
However, it’s not ideal for keeping the incognito mode all the time. So here are the steps to follow to toggle off the incognito mode.
• First, launch the Safari app.
• Second, click on the tabs icon.
• Third, choose the Private option to display the tab groups.
• Then, choose the regular tabs option.