WordPress developers use the WordPress development platform to build and execute websites for enterprises. They are in charge of both frontend and backend development, as well as theme and plugin implementation. Its mission is to design appealing and user-friendly websites that meet the needs of its clients. Since WordPress is a #1 platform for building websites many businesses hire wordpress developer or a development team to work on their web projects.
Working with clients from the design process onwards and designing and checking the web infrastructure is the primary concern of WordPress developers. They do that by using WordPress to code and Photoshop templates to build websites. To ensure efficient WordPress creation cycles, WordPress developers should introduce and manage reusable code libraries. They must also ensure the pages adhere to all applicable web creation best practices. WordPress developers can be needed to fix website problems for customers quickly.
Some of the Roles Managed by WordPress Developers Include:
- Creating and deploying new features and functions.
- Creating and directing the website’s architecture.
- Managing the operational elements of the CMS and maintaining high performance and availability.
- Assisting in developing a functional, responsive template and making it into a theme and plugin.
The Top Skills a WordPress Developer Must Have Include:
- If you want to work as a WordPress developer, you’ll need to be well-versed in a few primary languages and resources. Here are a few of them:
- Text editor: If you’re learning to code, you’ll need to choose a text editor that suits your needs. However, Notepad ++, which is very easy to use, is preferred for intermediate-level programming learners.
- HTML (HyperText Markup Language): If you’re new to WordPress development, you’ll need to learn how to manage a web page’s elements. HTML is a markup language that shows the contents of a website, not a programming language. To become an expert in HTML, you’ll require approximately 15-25 days and 7 hours a day. You can learn HTML from Khan Academy, W3School, Twitter, or anywhere else on the internet. WordPress frontend developers must be able to code in HTML.
- Basic Photoshop: You will need to translate PSD files to HTML if you’re working on a WordPress theme or a website. To do so, you’ll need to be familiar with Photoshop’s Move feature. You’ll need to know how to use the auto pick and layer feature, as well as how to select a layer and trim a photograph. YouTube videos will teach you how to translate PSD to HTML.
- Usage of Bitbucket and Github: If you want to work as a WordPress developer, you need to think like a growth hacker. That is to say, you would be forced to work outside the box on a regular basis. For one, you should not always code from scratch. You can save the designs as fragments on the internet and then use them to speed up another project. You can learn how to use Github and Bitbucket, two online platforms to don’t miss your work progress and continue where you left off with your passwords.
In conclusion, all of your efforts will be wasted if you create a commodity with little commercial demand. This means that as you build your portfolio, build a marketable presence. The best way to build a marketable presence is always to know the market. Join a community of developers; follow top developers on social media; attend industry seminars and webinars; find appropriate mentors; build your circle of clients.
One of the greatest myths of tech is that tech-people are anti-social. Are some of them anti-social? Yes, many of them are. However, to climb the ladder, you must build a social presence.