Have you just downloaded MS Office? Can’t get it started because you need an MS product key? Worry not, we’re here to solve that problem for you.
Let’s follow the steps on how to install your Microsoft product key in MS Office.
Step-by-Step Guide to Install a Microsoft Product Key in MS Office
- Download your MS Office from any reliable source you want to.
- After you have downloaded it, turn off your Wi-fi or any internet connection.
- When you’re offline, begin the installation on your PC.
- After you are finished with the installation wizard.
- Close everything and follow either of these two ways that suit you…
Using Product Key from Product
This is when you open a product and fill in the key when asked or you can go into settings to put in the key. If you open a product, for example, MS Word; you’ll be asked to put in the product key on that instant and you can fill in the key. Your Microsoft product key in MS Office will be ready to use.
If you don’t see a pop-up but a yellow bar on top of the Word document says you can’t use it, then follow the steps below.
- Open any MS product, for example, MS Word.
- Click on“Files” and then look at the bottom left.
- Click the“Account” button on the bottom left.
- In the center with other icons, you’ll see “use product key”
- Click on it and enter your key. Your whole MS Office will be registered.
Using Product Key in Installed Apps
You can also use this process which is also pretty simple. You can go into your installed apps after you have installed your MS Office. This is where you’d usually go to delete or uninstall a program. If you can’t find this, just go into “Settings” and search“uninstall” You’ll be given the option for that window.
- Locate MS Office in your installed apps.
- Click right on it and you’ll be given two options.
- Click on“Change” and you’ll be taken to a different window.
- You’ll be given different options, select“change product key”
- You can then enter your product key and you’re good to go!