Do you wants to know how to add music to Instagram story? We’ve been diving into how to use the different features in Instagram Stories as part of an ongoing Instagram Story series. Any template or project in Animoto can be made into a vertical video optimized for viewing on Instagram Stories. Today we’re jumping into how to add music to an Instagram Story.
60 percent of Instagram Stories are played with the sound on, according to Brandwatch, and music can be a pleasant way to surprise and delight sound-on viewers. There are a couple of steps you can add music to an Instagram Story. One is to utilize Instagram’s Music sticker, and the other is to add music to your video before you upload it to your story.
How to Add Music to Instagram Story
We’ll start by diving into the two ways to include music in your Instagram Stories—the Music sticker and creating your video with music to upload to your story.
Then, we’ll walk you through the ways to use Animoto to create Stories with music outside of the Instagram app.
How to Use the Instagram Story Music Sticker
The Instagram Story Music sticker was delivered in June 2018. It’s a fun way to add some audible flair to your Stories. We will also show you how to add music to an Instagram Story without the next section’s sticker.
We’ll dive into the instructions in more information below, but here’s a quick step by step to get you started:
- Create a new Instagram Story
- Hit the sticker icon at the top of the screen
- Tap to select the Music sticker icon
- Select a song
- Select the portion of the song you want to play
- Click on Done to add the song to your story
And now, onto the more in-depth instructions! If you have access to the Music sticker, it can be used on any Instagram Story. You’ll find it when you tap the sticker icon at the top of your screen (the little square with a smiley face) when you’re creating your story. Tap on the Music sticker to get started.
Once you begin, it’ll open up a new screen where you can search for music according to Popular, Moods, and Genres. Instagram offers a type of popular music that’s licensed for use in your Instagram Stories. However, you can only use up to 15 seconds at a time (the length of a story), and the sticker will be displayed on your story while the song plays, with the name of the music and the artist listed.
Scroll through and hit the play button to preview songs, or search for something particular using the Search music field at the top of the screen.
To add a song to your story, click on it. This will open up a new screen where you can hold and drag the box in the middle of the song’s timeline to choose the section of the song you’d like to play in your story.
For video posts, the song length will default to the size of your video clip. For static image posts, the length will default to 15 seconds, but you can tap the key that says 15 SECS to shorten the clip.
When you’re completed, tap “Done.” This will add the sticker to your story! Hold and drag to reposition or resize, and click for different display options, which you can see below. When you’re done, click Send To > to share your story!
- When selecting the section of the song you want in your story, try starting at the beginning of the chorus. Instagram makes it simple, with a tick mark that indicates the beginning of the chorus on songs.
- Preview your story to view how it feels with the audio before you send it to your story. You can always perform adjustments, including taking a new song or deleting the Music sticker entirely if you decide it’s better without music. To delete, hold and drag the sticker. A trash icon will look at the bottom of the screen.
How to Add Lyrics to Your Instagram Story
You may have noticed friends posting Instagram Stories with music and lyrics. The capacity to add lyrics to your Instagram Stories is a more recent feature of the Instagram Story music sticker.
The next time you add a song with the Instagram Story music sticker, tap through the set of icons shown. If lyrics are available for the song you’ve chosen, you’ll be able to turn them on here or opt to show album art instead of lyrics.
How to Play Music on an Instagram Story
Now that you’re armed with instructions for adding music to an Instagram Story, we thought we’d share a quick how-to for listening to music or sound on an Instagram Story you’re watching.
Whenever you watch an Instagram Story, it will be muted by default. To listen with sound, you can do it one of two things:
- Tap on the video while it’s playing.
- Use the volume buttons on your phone. Once the sound is on, you can also use the volume keys to adjust.
- How To Download Embedded Video – Here is the Ways - May 12, 2021
- How to Solve Outlook Login Problems? – Problems and Their Solutions - May 12, 2021
- What is Android Auto Wireless, and How to Use it? - May 11, 2021