Do you want to know how to add music to your Instagram story? We’ve been diving into how to use the different features in Instagram Stories as part of an ongoing Instagram Story series. Any template or project in Animoto can be made into a vertical video optimized for viewing on Instagram Stories. So, today we’re jumping into how to add music to an Insta Story.
Hence, 60 percent of Insta Stories are played with the sound on, according to Brandwatch, and music can be a pleasant way to surprise and delight sound-on viewers. There are a couple of steps you can add music to an Insta Story. One is to utilize Instagram’s Music sticker, and the other is to add music to your video before you upload it to your story.
You can also check How to Repost on Instagram – Complete Guide
How to Add Music to Insta Story
We’ll start by diving into the two ways to include music in your Instagram Stories—the Music sticker and creating your video with music to upload to your story.
Then, we’ll walk you through the ways to use Animoto to create Stories with music outside of the Insta app.
How to Use the Instagram Story Music Sticker
The Insta Story Music sticker was delivered in June 2018. It’s a fun way to add some audible flair to your Stories. So, we will also show you how to add music to an Insta Story without the next section’s sticker.
So, here we’ll dive into the instructions in more information below, but here’s a quick step by step to get you started:
- Create a new Instagram Story
- Hit the sticker icon at the top of the screen
- Tap to select the Music sticker icon
- Select a song
- Select the portion of the song you want to play
- Click on Done to add the song to your story
And now, onto the more in-depth instructions! If you have access to the Music sticker, it can be used on any Insta Story. You’ll find it when you tap the sticker icon at the top of your screen (the little square with a smiley face) when you’re creating your story. Tap on the Music sticker to get started.
Once you begin, it’ll open up a new screen where you can search for music according to Popular, Moods, and Genres. Instagram offers a type of popular music that’s licensed for use in your Instagram Stories. However, you can only use up to 15 seconds at a time (the length of a story), and the sticker will be displayed on your story while the song plays, with the name of the music and the artist listed.
Scroll through and hit the play button to preview songs, or search for something particular using the Search music field at the top of the screen.
To add a song to your story, click on it. This will open up a new screen where you can hold and drag the box in the middle of the song’s timeline to choose the section of the song you’d like to play in your story.
For video posts, the song length will default to the size of your video clip. For static image posts, the length will default to 15 seconds, but you can tap the key that says 15 SECS to shorten the clip.
When you’re completed, tap “Done.” This will add the sticker to your story! Hold and drag to reposition or resize, and click for different display options, which you can see below. When you’re done, click Send To > to share your story!
- When selecting the section of the song you want in your story, try starting at the beginning of the chorus. Instagram makes it simple, with a tick mark that indicates the beginning of the chorus on songs.
- Preview your story to view how it feels with the audio before you send it to your story. You can always perform adjustments, including taking a new song or deleting the Music sticker entirely if you decide it’s better without music. To delete, hold and drag the sticker. A trash icon will look at the bottom of the screen.
How to Add Lyrics to Your Instagram Story
You may have noticed friends posting Insta Stories with music and lyrics. The capacity to add lyrics to your Insta Stories is a more recent feature of the Insta Story music sticker.
The next time you add a song with the Insta Story music sticker, tap through the set of icons shown. If lyrics are available for the song you’ve chosen, you’ll be able to turn them on here or opt to show album art instead of lyrics.
How to Play Music on an Instagram Story
Now that you’re armed with instructions for adding music to an Insta Story, we thought we’d share a quick how-to for listening to music or sound on an Insta Story you’re watching.
Whenever you watch an Instagram Story, it will be muted by default. To listen with sound, you can do it one of two things:
- Tap on the video while it’s playing.
- Use the volume buttons on your phone. Once the sound is on, you can also use the volume keys to adjust.
How Can We Add Music to an Instagram Reel
Instagram out the reels feature in August of 2020. As reels are one of the facile ways to post content on Instagram with Music. If you want to add Music to the Reel, follow the below steps.
- Click on the “+” sign on the apex right of the Instagram home page. Then prefer “Reels.”
- Next, click on the “Music” icon on top of the list of icons.
- After that, choose the track you want to add to the Reel.
- Then, use the slider to choose the part of the song that you wish to use for the Reel.
- Moreover, if you fail to remember to add Music to your instagram reel before recording your Reel, do not worry. Instagram provides you to add Music anytime before or after recording the Reel.
Add Music to Instagram Post From Third-Party App
It is essential to know that Instagram does not let you add Music directly to the Instagram posts. So you can only add a song to the Instagram stories & reels. Moreover, if you add Music to a video & download it from the Story, it will download without the Music.
If you wish to connect a song to a video & upload it on Instagram as a post, you would have to edit your video earlier. In addition, many free video editing apps permit you to add a song. After that, you can upload the video to the feed. One of the best video editing apps is Inshot. To insert Music to videos on Instagram, follow the below steps.
- Launch the app & click on the “Video” button and click “New.” Then choose the video you want to edit.
- Next, click on the “Music” from the left corner and choose “Tracks.”
- Then, choose your track, and you can choose from the featured Music.
- After selecting a track, import a song from your files or directly extract audio from another video.
- Now, it’s time to edit fade settings linked with the audio. Click on the bar with the title of the track.
- Then, click on the check mark. After that, click on the “Export” button in the top right of the screen & choose your resolution and click “Save.”
Insert Music to Instagram Story From Spotify
Here are some of the steps that will help you add Music from Spotify.
- Navigate to the Spotify app on your device and find your Insta story Music you want to include.
- After that, click on the ellipsis icon on a playlist, album, or song.
- Then, scroll down and click on “Share.”
- From the share menu, choose “Instagram stories.” A message appears on your screen to ask you for permission to open the Instagram app.
- After that, Spotify will launch the app and directly upload the song or album to a new Instagram story. Although, if you want the Music to play over the art image, you will need to add the Music by using the square smiley face icon.
- When you post the story, a link will appear at the top of the story, saying, “Play on Spotify.” So if anyone taps on the view directly, they go to the song or album on Spotify.
Inserting music into an Instagram story is the best way to promote your content and make it special to attract others. So, in this blog, we have mentioned the possible steps to adding music to your story and reels. Moreover, you can also insert music from other apps such as Spotify and SoundCloud. I hope this blog will help you with adding the music.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.