If you want to know some hacks to modify your app icons on iPhone according to your style and color selection? Then you have reached a good place, as this guide will cover how to change the color of your apps on your iPhone.
The good news to all iOS users is that they can now customize their iPhone’s home screen with custom-colored app icons and get rid of the same old boring and typical look using the Shortcuts app.
It can be done by using Apple’s built-in shortcuts third-party App. Although you are not supposed to change the icons the apps come with, you can create separate shortcuts that lead to the App.
Table of Contents
Steps to Change the Color of your Apps on iPhone with Shortcut
This process may take a while, but you can get a customized iPhone home screen through the following steps. Let’s move ahead to make your home screen and icons look cool and classy!
Check: Before getting started. You’ll have to ensure your iPhone is updated to the latest iOS 14 available.
- Find the Shortcut App and Open it. (You already might have installed it, but if it’s not, you need to download it from the Apple App store).
- Tap on the Plus (+) symbol at the top right corner.
- The New Shortcut screen has Add Action option. Press it.
- Type Open App in the search bar and go for the search results.
- From the New Shortcut Page, press the Choose button.
- Now scroll through the Choose App page and find the App you want to customize. Such as, you can select Facebook, Snapchat, or WhatsApp.
- You have to go back to the New Shortcut page, where you will see the name of that App in the area where you tapped choose earlier. Click on the three-dot menu right at the upper side of the page.
- Here’s the detailed page that opened up. Replace the App name. Then, tap on the Shortcut Name section. And type a new name.
- After that, Press the icon next to the app name on the Details display.
- From the selection page, choose the icon you like to use for the App and the color you want to see. To begin with, tap on the Color and then select the color.
- Press the Glyph to choose the symbol you want to be presented on your app icon.
- Once you created the selections, Tap Done.
- Get returned to the Details Page. And add it to Home Screen.
- You’ll be directed to a preview page to see what your app icon will look like. Click on Add button.
- Later on, returning to the Details page, a brief confirmation will be shown on the page. You may exit the Shortcuts apps and find your latest and customized app icon on the mobile home screen.
You can repeat the same process for changing the icons you want to create in customized colors of your choice. You’re restricted to only the swatch colors in the menu, but you can select a glyph to make changes a little bit.
How To Change iPhone Theme to Black?
You can revert your iPhone theme to the dark mode feature, and people choose this theme to make their mobile aesthetic look, or they may like a black tone. Here are the steps below to know:
- First, you need to open your iPhone and tap the settings icon.
- Tap Display & Brightness option and choose DARK to enable dark mode on iPhone.
- Once your black theme is activated, your built-in iPhone apps show in Infront of the dark theme.
How To Change Battery Color on iPhone?
Unfortunately, there is no way to change the battery color as per your wish. The battery color can change by the determination of the battery level. I can indicate these levels; like, if your phone is low on charge, the battery color sign will be red. If your phone is charging above 20% battery, the battery color will be green.
If you keep your phone in low power mode, the battery color will be yellow. Moreover, if you love to do experiments, download third-party tools to change battery color with the iPhone theme and let us know if you got the solution.
How To Change Message Color on iPhone?
Changing message colors on iPhone is the favorite feature of phone users who love chatting with friends. The quick method is easy and go through to know:
- Tap Settings icon and scroll down until you find Display & Brightness option.
- Tap on it and scroll down to find & tap on text size.
- Under text size, you will see an option “BOLD TEXT.” Tap on it to turn on the bold text.
- After enabling it, your iPhone will ask you to restart your phone.
- Tap Continue to restart your phone. After restarting, check your phone, which will be converted to a dark theme which is good for battery life, and your message color will be white due to dark mode.
Note: This is all about the font color of the iPhone, not the iMessage bubble. We have explained the method of changing the color of the iMessage text bubble. Let’s read…
- Download the color text bubbles in the iMessage app.
- Open the text color bubble app and tap the new message icon to start a new chat.
- Tap & hold the app rows above the iMessage keyboard.
- Swipe the left until you see the color text bubble app. Tap on it, and a bubble-style list will appear.
- Choose a specific bubble style and tap on type custom message to create your desired bubble (If you don’t see the type custom message option, try tapping in the space where it will be written).
- Type in your custom text and tap the bubble color icon.
- Choose the desired color of the bubble. New and free users have 12 color and 12 grayscale color options.
- Tap send, and you may see an ad. Now you must wait a while and click the X to close an app or upgrade the offer. Now you will tap on send arrow.
- Your custom color bubble text is sent.
How To Change Background Color on iPhone?
Here is the easy method to change the background color on iPhone that everyone loves to use it.
- Tap “Settings” and select “General.”
- Tap “Accessibility” and then choose “Display & Text Size.”
- Toggle the “Reduce Transparency” option if it isn’t already on.
- Select “Color Filters” and toggle on the feature.
- You can choose between “Grayscale,” “Red/Green Filter,” “Green/Red Filter,” “Blue/Yellow Filter,” “Yellow/Blue Filter,” and “Color Tint.”
- Adjust the filter’s intensity and choose a color if you selected the “Color Tint” option.
- Go back to the main Accessibility menu and select “Accessibility Shortcut.”
- Choose “Color Filters.”
- Triple-click the Home or Side button to activate the Color Filters shortcut and change the background color of your iPhone.
If you own iPhone and have a built-in or installed Shortcut App on your cellphone, you may easily change the color of any app icon the way you want. You should carefully follow the steps to give a trendy and catchy colored icon look to your iOS Home Screen.
- How to Change iPhone Avatar
- How to Change Group Chat Name on iPhone
- How To Invert Colors on iPhone and iPad
- How to Change the Keyboard Style on your iPhone