Searching for “how to charge Oculus Quest 2 Controllers?
Consider this: Imagine yourself in your room, engrossed playing your favorite game on Oculus Quest 2 VR; while you are in the game’s final level; where you have to slay the demon.
As you muster your courage to lunge at the demon…WHOOSH!
Your immersive virtual reality blacked out.
The controllers’ battery ended…
So, your controllers are run out of juice and you have no clue how to charge it back.
I will guide you on how to charge the Oculus Quest 2 Controller to save you from the dreadful experience of leaving out at the last stage of the game.
What is Oculus Quest 2, Anyway?
Facebook, now Metaverse, is known for its cutting-edge innovations. One of its primary innovational adaptions: Oculus Quest.TheVR headset is the Leo Messiof the virtual reality world.
This led us to our Oculus Quest 2. Which is the successor of Oculus Quest; but more advance, better and efficient. Oculus Quest 2 takes you in a world where everything comes to life.
The VR headset’s controllers, TOO, are extremely smooth to use. But how to charge Oculus Quest 2 controllers when their battery drained?
Keep reading on…
How To Charge Oculus Quest 2 Controller?
Who doesn’t love the VR gameplay experience? So, I get your frustration when you are not able to enjoy—due to the battery running out of the controllers.
Before going on how to charge Oculus Quest 2 controller?
Some important things you should know:
- Oculus Quest 2 controller cannot be charged due to lack of internal battery
- The controller runs on single AA battery
- You have manually charged the controller
Moving on, here is how you gonna charge your controllers’ batteries:
- Take the controller in your hand, check for the symbol R or L on the side, and yank the cover out.
- After opening the battery cover, remove the used battery
- Replace it with an AA rechargeable battery
- Follow the same steps for the second controller too
- Your controllers are now active to play
What Are The Other Ways To Charge Your Controller?
For one, swapping the batteries out. But there are other ways to charge your controller.
Charge With the Charging Dock
The Oculus Quest 2 controller is not rechargeable. TRUE. Anker Charging Dock, however, can make them rechargeable. Sounds, cool!
Here is how to charge Oculus Quest 2 controller batteries with the charging dock:
- Get the battery cover remove
- Take out the batteries from the controllers
- Put the rechargeable batteries in which comes with the dock
- Cover them up with the cover of the dock
- Place your controllers in the charging station
- Set the position of the controller to charge it smoothly
- Unplug it when the controllers are fully charged
Oculus Quest 2 Advance Specs
This VR has one of the most advanced specifications when it comes to modern VR systems. Which has virtually put the “VR competition” to rout.
Here are some of the advanced specs of Oculus Quest 2:
The quickest CPU fitted with Qualcomm Snapdragon XR2
- The strong and faster processor of Qualcomm Snapdragon XR2
- Advance RAM of 6GB
- High resolution of 1832 x 1920
- Massive storage of 64GB/256GB
- Long battery life
- Refresh Rate=90 Hz
- integrated speakers & Microphone
- 2-3 hours of battery life
- Adjustable IPD with three settings for 58, 63, and 68mm
- Redesigned controllers
Tips To Charge the Oculus Quest Controllers
- Keep another battery set with you
- Use Rechargeable AA batteries
- Store Oculus Quest 2 headset and controllers
Keep Spare Batteries with You
If you do not want your controller to stop working because of a low battery in the middle of the night when you can’t get a new one, So always keep extra batteries with you.
Moreover, in the case of rechargeable batteries, you can also use the spare one as well. If you do not want to waste the next hour charging the only batteries that you took out from your oculus controller.
Use Rechargeable AA Batteries
Always use rechargeable AA batteries as they function much more on one charge than disposable batteries. If you purchase a NiMH (Nickel-metal Hydride) battery pack and a charger, you may not require any other touch controller charging solution. But, if you don’t want to use a dedicated charger for AA batteries, select Lithium AA batteries that you can charge using USB power.
But keep in mind that Lithium batteries self-discharge even when not in use. So, use lithium batteries regularly. If you don’t, then remove the batteries.
Store Oculus Headset & Controllers
Hence, this is important; if you plan to take a break from your oculus headset, don’t leave the batteries in the controller. As lithium batteries will keep releasing charging, whereas alkaline batteries might leak and harm the battery compartment of the touch controller.
Furthermore, removing batteries is suggested even if you are using NiMH batteries because they might discharge completely, which can harm the batteries.
Why aren’t there any charging ports on the Oculus Quest 2 controllers?
You can simply charge your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset by putting any USB-C cable into the charging port on the headset. But why don’t the controllers have charging ports? There are some reasons for it.
The key reason is that the touch controllers use very less Battery during use. Many YouTubers claimed that they played games with Quest 2 for a month and still the battery lifespan of the controllers was still at 100%. The other reason may be that the controller’s design as a charging port may not look appealing.
However, the controllers consume the Battery slowly; the bad news for some users is that the controllers don’t have an internal battery, unlike the VR headset. The controller functions on AA batteries that aren’t rechargeable. So, sometimes, you have to replace the batteries with new ones.
How long does the battery last on the Oculus Quest 2 controllers?
The Quest 2 controllers are actually efficient with batteries. Though there is no exact number for battery life, users have reported using their Quest 2 controllers for weeks with 70-80% battery life remaining.
How do you analyze the Oculus quest 2 controller Battery level?
The Quest 2 controllers have quite impressive battery life; keeping an eye on the battery life is certainly a good idea. In the middle of the gameplay, here’s how to check the battery level of Quest 2 controllers.
- Go to the home screen of your Quest 2, and scroll down toward the menu. If you cannot see the menu, just hit the oculus button to bring it up.
- Here, you will check the battery level of your quest headset and controllers. The amazing part is that the menu bar individually displays the battery levels for both the right & left controllers individually so you can get the best idea of how much battery is consumed.
Pro-Tip: Best VR Games To Play in Oculus Quest 2 in 2022?
VR Games are LIT. But not every VR game is worth spending time on. So, we have collected a list of the best VR games to play and enjoy in your VR headsets.
Moreover, if you want to read the honest comparison of the VRs’ of Facebook and HTC. Then check out this insightful article.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.