These platforms are an easy way to reach out to people and share content with the entirety of the world, so long as some basic equipment is available. It’s usually done as a way to help promote other Twitch users but it also doubles as an effective strategy to keep a channel active while an owner isn’t broadcasting their own content. Host Mode permits the viewers of your channel to watch another channel without having to leave your channel’s chatroom.
It is also a type from all the possible ways for more established Twitch streamers to showcase up-and-coming talent, exposing them to a large fan base and hopefully increasing their following. But while hosting on Twitch isn’t a new concept, there’s still a lot of confusion about how it really does. Broadcasters can set up an automated process to host or type in /host on a case-by-case basis.
What is Twitch?
Twitch is the world’s largest leading live streaming platform mainly for gamers. It’s a great tactic for established Twitch streamers to expose up-and-coming streamers to a larger fan base and raise their fandom in turn.
While it is most commonly used as a way to promote other Twitch users, it is a great strategy to keep your channel active even if you are not broadcasting. For those, who are interested in streaming, take a look at how to stream on Twitch.
How to Host on Twitch?
You can set up hosting on Twitch via both your mobile and computer systems, with next to no effort. However, remember that you can host one channel at a time and up to three in a given 30-minute period. You need an account on Twitch. If you already have one, Log in to your account. If you don’t have an account, create one, and then follow the other steps.
Secondly, click on your username. You will see it in the top-right corner on the website. There will pop up a drop-down menu and then click on Channel. After clicking on the Channel, Twitch will display your channel to the right side of the chatroom.
You need to choose which one of your pages will be seen by others. For instance, you may select your main channel to be seen. You should just type ‘/host twitch’ in your chatbox. Once you type that information, those who view your channel will see the channel that you are hosting.
With the auto hosting feature, you can set your channel to automatically host a list of pre-approved channels or your Twitch Team members when you are offline. Auto hosting is a very good way to support your fellow broadcasters and help grow your community.
This will make sure that even when you are not streaming your own content, your channel is not sitting idle. This is done by adding a different type of channel to a list that your channel will automatically select from when you go offline.
How to Host a Channel on Twitch
There are two methods to host channels on Twitch: manually, and automatically.
To host manually:
1. After logging into your Twitch account, click on your profile picture in the upper-right corner of the screen.
2. Click on “Channel” in the drop-down menu. 3. Once you’re on your Twitch channel, there will be a chat part on the right side of the screen. Click on the field that says “Send a message.”
3. Type, without quotation marks, “/host USERNAME” — except, instead of USERNAME, type the username of the channel you want to host. For example, my sister’s username is the_beccanator, so if I wanted to host her channel, I would type:
Once you’ve written the command correctly, send your message.
4. When you want to stop hosting another Twitch user’s channel, type “/unhost” into the chat field, without quotation marks.
You can also create an auto host list, which will let your channel automatically start hosting others whenever you’re offline. To do this:1. Once again, open Twitch and log in, and then click your profile picture in the top-right corner.
2. In the menu that opens, click “Settings.”
3. At the top of your settings page, click the “Channel and Videos” option.
5. Once you’ve turned on auto hosting, click the “Host List” option at the bottom.
Hosting on Twitch Pros & Cons
Hosting on Twitch
- Hosting on twitch rewards a chance to profit that is devoid of any risk.
- If you follow Twitch Host Mode which will help your viewers get to know you better.
- Constantly provides the content to your users while you are offline.
- If you Host Someone’s channel it gives you free promotion with a bit of prime real estate in the Live Hosts on the Twitch Apps and Sites.
- It can generate issues with strangers. Twitch host mode isn’t good for if you don’t have close friends to host it.
- You can only handle the hosted channels on your stream.
- In the case of an away message, if you host another channel, the hosted channel’s stream will automatically replace your away message.
Your friends and viewers may also be willing to host you if they aren’t streamers. Through it, you can get random viewers even if you are not getting organic traffic. We have covered how to do it easily. It will surely increase your fan base.
In the Settings page of the channel, streamers can build up a list of channels that Twitch will randomly pick from to then auto host. If you have any query share your thoughts and suggestions with us by commenting in the comment box section below.