Are you irritated by the extreme weather notifications and Government Alerts? Don’t worry; you can easily turn off the Amber alerts on your iPhone. But if you like to know about weather notifications only due to the current weather situation, here are the steps to turn on weather notifications on your iPhone.
Your iPhone will default alert you whenever an AMBER alert happens in your area. These alerts can be received at any time of the day, and most phones will ring, even if they are in silent mode. However, it is highly suggested to enable amber alerts for safety purposes.
But if you want to turn them off, here’s how you can do it on your iPhones.
Table of Contents
What is Amber Alert on iPhone?
America’s Missing, Broadcast emergency response notification (AMBER) is an alert system launched in 1996 as a reply by Dallas-Fort worth broadcasters and the local police to assist in finding missing children & alert people about bad weather conditions.
However, Amber alerts don’t use the device’s standard tone. They have executed a custom emergency tone that makes complete use of the device’s audio output. That’s the reason; these alerts may be irritating. But you can easily turn it off by following this guide.
How to Turn Off Emergency & Amber Alerts on iPhone
Amber alerts are emergency security alerts, and it’s essential as they contain vital information. But if you don’t want to hear the alerts, you can simply turn off the alert on your iPhone by following the below steps.
- Go to the Settings App on your iPhone.
- Move down and click on Notifications.
- Go to the bottom of the screen; here, you will see the Government alerts section.
- Turn off the Amber alerts option and Public safety alerts.
- Select Emergency Alerts and Toggle it off.
However, if you want to turn it on again, just toggle it.
Method to Mute Emergency Alerts on iPhone
If you want to receive emergency alerts without noise, iOS lets you silence alerts. Here’s how you can do it.
- Launch settings and click on notifications.
- Move down and tap on Government alert section.
- Select Emergency Alerts and turn off Always Deliver.
By doing this, you will get emergency alerts, but without the popup notification sound.
How to Turn Off Amber Alerts on Android
You can locate the Amber alerts interface on Android 12 & 13 devices through the new emergency safety sub-menu available on modern devices.
- Launch the Settings App on your android device.
- Move down and find Safety & emergency sub-menu.
- Next, move to the Wireless emergency alerts.
- Then, here you will be able to turn off the Amber alerts.
- If you want to allow the feature, just toggle it on.
Amber alerts system alerts people about a missing child, as the purpose is to keep the public aware. But sometimes, its noise is quite irritating; turning it off may help you avoid unwanted distractions.
But we suggest you keep on the alerts because they are important and life-saving.