If you are constantly irritated by vibrations and want to disable it on your iPhone. Fortunately, you can easily turn off the vibration on your iPhone by following this guide.
Vibration on iPhone is turned on by default, irrespective of whether the device is in silent mode. It means your phone will vibrate whenever you get an alert or notification.
However, iPhone has many ways to let you know about notifications, including several vibration settings. These vibrations, combined with sounds and visual indicators on your screen, can assist you in seeing the details you need to know. But if you don’t like it, you can toggle the vibration on/off in a few clicks.
Note: if you want to prevent your iPhone from vibrating, you can put your phone on Do Not Disturb Mode; this will silence all your notifications.
Table of Contents
How to Turn off vibration on iPhone
If you want to prevent your iPhone from vibrating, follow the steps below:
- Go to the settings.
- Move down and tap Sounds & Haptics option in your settings menu and tap open.
- Under Vibrate drop-down options, you’ll see different options to vibrate on ring & vibrate on silent. If the feature is turned on, the option will appear green. You can turn them off by dragging the slider to disable them.
Further, if you want to enable Vibrate again, follow steps 1 & 2, and you can turn on the feature by dragging it despite disabling it.
How to Turn on vibrate on iPhone in iOS 16
Many iPhone users face issues since the “vibrate on Silent & vibrate on Ring” option seems missing in iOS 16. Therefore, they can’t turn on/off vibrate on iOS 16.
Don’t fret; you can still get your phone to vibrate in silent mode or disable vibration while on silent in iOS 16, as the vibration setting placement is different in iOS 16. Also, the vibrate term has been replaced with Play Haptics. So here’s how you can do it on iOS 16.
- Open settings > sounds & Haptics.
- Move to the bottom of the screen and turn on the toggle option next to “play Haptics in silent mode.”
You can also turn off the vibrate mode in iOS 16 by just going to settings >sound & Haptics and turning off the toggle. Remember that turning off the silent vibration will entirely make your iPhone mute.
How to Turn Off All Vibrations on iPhone
Follow the below instructions to disable all vibrations on iPhone completely:
- Open settings > Accessibility.
- Tap Touch in the physical & Motor section.
- Slide the Vibration switch to the Off position.
- When you turn off this switch, all vibrations on your iPhone will be disabled, including amber alerts, emergency alerts, and other notifications.
Note: this switch prevails vibration settings in settings> Sound & Haptics.
Can I Enable Vibrations For Calls & Texts Only?
If you wish that your iPhone only vibrates on incoming calls and texts, unfortunately, there is no direct way to turn on vibration for calls and texts only right now. But when you turn off System Haptics or Vibration, it will disable all iPhone vibrations.
Although, you may have to give up vibration on Ring mode to make your iPhone vibrate only in silent mode. For this, you have to follow the below instructions.
- Turn on System Haptics in sound & Haptics.
- Disable play Haptics in ring mode, then turn on Play Haptics in Silent mode.
- After that, turn on Vibration in Accessibility > Torch.
However, turning on/off vibration on an iphone is quite a simple process that can be done with a few taps. We have mentioned the process of enabling /disabling vibrations on iphone iOS 16. By following this guide, you can set the vibration setting per your preferences.