Since its inception, Japanese manga has caught the attention of the world. But there is one manga series that has led fans to head over heels over it. That is none other than Naruto. In the series, however, one face-off led the fans over the edge, i.e., between Ichigo vs Naruto.
The legendary Naruto vs Ichigo fight-off is one of the legendary square-offs with fans sparring with each other on their respective hero’s superiority. Both Naruto and Ichigo are one of the mightiest characters in the universe of Naruto world.
It is generally believed Naruto Uzumaki is stronger on many counts as compared to Ichigo Kurosaki. But how true is that?
In this article, we will try to find out who can beat the other in a close-hand fight between Ichigo and Naruto face-off. The comparisons of their powers, abilities, and resilience will be tested.
So, get down to it ASAP and find out who’s mightier!
Ichigo vs Naruto Uzumaki Powers
The main protagonist of the critically acclaimed manga Naruto is Naruto Uzumaki himself. The character was the brainchild of Masashi Kishimoto. Naruto’s character was set in the fictional village named Konohagakure as an aspiring young ninja. His villagers mocked him because Nine-Tailed Demon Fox (an evil creature) was sealed away in his body, destroying his village.
The character of Naruto was laced with certain affinities, such as he was carefree, boisterous, and optimistic. This attitude helped him to make his fellow ninjas his friends with ease. Given years of bullying and ridicule, Naruto still managed to rise above the dust to become the chief of the village called the Hokage.
Now powers of Ichigo Kurosaki.
On the other side of the ring, Ichigo Kurosaki is another protagonist in the universe of Naruto. The character was created by Tite Kubo with special powers to see the ghosts. The 17-years-old Ichigo Kurosaki’s powers secret lies in an incident where a Soul reaper gave her powers to the young ninja to help him rescue his family. This transfer of powers led him to become a Soul Reaper himself.
RukiaKuchiki was the Soul Reaper who transferred his powers to Ichigo in a fight with Hollow, where his family was ambushed. Rukia moved her powers to Ichigo when she could not overpower the Hollow. It is generally believed Ichigo kept his power despite defeating the Hollow. In the process, he completed his “Shinigami duties.”
However, when Rukia transferred his powers to the Ichigo, she was subjected to a trial and later execution in the Soul Society. Because it was forbidden to transfer one power to another. However, this doesn’t sit well with the Ichigo, who went to great lengths to rescue her from the Soul Society. There, he face-off giants of the Soul Society of Shinigamis. Ultimately, he beat them to rescue Rukia from the clutches of the Soul Society. Despite getting out of it, the prime nemesis Sosuke Aizen still manages to evict the Hogyoku out of her soul. However, Rukia escaped and survived, leaving the former plans to kill Rukia frustrated. That led Ichigo to ascend to the title of Shinigami, though temporarily.
What Makes Naruto Powers Lethal?
Naruto is one of the most puzzling characters. He is exciting and annoying at the same time. Naruto was perceived from the start as a shinobi or weak ninja. Due to his interest in weak techniques. But as time passed, Naruto proved his mettle to become arguably one of the most powerful shinobi in the history of the Naruto universe.
Some of the Naruto’s more robust techniques are as under:
- Sage Mode: This is regarded as one of the strongest fronts of Sage Mode. The Saga mode is achieved by Naruto to extract energy from mystical toads to upgrade his (Naruto) physical powers. Not only that, Naruto can easily blend Sage mode with other modes to give him a superior edge over his opponent.
- Rapid Healing: Another unique ability of Naruto is his quick healing. This fast healing is due to his symbiotic relationship with the power inside of him of Nine-tailed Demon Fox Kurama. Thus, in return, the nine-tailed beast helps him heal his wounds in a matter of minutes via his powers.
- Inhuman Speed: Besides his peculiar activities, Naruto was known for his swift speed.
What does Ichigo have in store?
The powers of Ichigo are not something to take lightly. Though his rankings are not as static as Shinigami, his powers are reason enough to face off a Shinigami. As soon as the Ichigo turns into his Shinigami form, it enhances his strength and speed. The reason lies in the excessive spiritual power in Ichigo that his body cannot be sustained.
- Face-off with hand-to-hand: Ichigo is infamous for his freestyle combat with hands. His supreme strength, excessive training in martial arts, quick agility, and well-coordinated attacks made his set of attacks lethal. Some of his effective kills are punches, takedowns, and kicks.
- Skillful Swordsman: The expert ninja is not only well-versed in martial arts but in swordsmanship too. When he was in the avatar of Shinigami, he employed his swordplay expertise in the battles. His superior swordsmanship can be gauged from the fact that he beat off many sword masters. Not only that, Ichigo can handle the sword with both of his hands with the same ferocity.
Ichigo vs Naruto: Who Beats Who?
Ultimately, it is generally established that Naruto beats Ichigo on many counts. Finally, making him the winner in this context. Naruto’s style and techniques dominate against his competitor Ichigo. However, Ichigo’s form is still better than Naruto’s due to its former destructive nature. However, Naruto undoubtedly trumps him in this competition of power.