Want to have your hands on a Free Government iPhone? Look no more; you have stumbled upon the right article. We will explain all the details, including the application process, eligibility criteria, how much time it takes to process, and who are the providers of free phones.
Table of Contents
Apple iPhone is well-known in today’s digital world. If you are saying you don’t want to use an iPhone, then you must be lying. Well, who wouldn’t want this amazing phone when it is known for its amazing camera results, great visuals, and stylish look? iPhone 11 also supports unlocking without face ID unlock and a healthy battery life.
However, iPhones are among the most expensive phones in the world. Every year, the Apple company releases a new model. These phones are so costly that even a second-hand iPhone also costs $500 to $1500; therefore, everyone can’t afford to buy an iPhone with little income the earn.
Free Government iPhone Program:
The Government does not provide you with the iPhone directly; however, they may provide a free or discounted iPhone through their programs.
There are two Government Programs in which you can apply for a free or discounted iPhone:
- Lifeline Assistance:
So, in this program, discounted phone and internet services are provided to low-income households. So, to meet the eligibility criteria for this Lifeline program, your household income should be 135% or below the federal poverty guidelines. Furthermore, you can find a list of participating providers on the Lifeline website.
- ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program):
This Government program is also very similar to Lifeline; however, it offers a great discount, like up to $75 per month for broadband service and up to $100 per month for a smartphone. So, to be eligible for this program, your household income should be 200% or below the federal poverty guidelines. Also, you can find a list of the providers on the ACP website.
Here are some of the providers that you can find on the Lifeline and ACP websites.
- Assurance Wireless
- SafeLink Wireless
- Reach out Wireless
- T-Mobile Connect
- US Cellular
The Government partners up with major mobile providers so they can distribute free iPhones to the ones who are actually eligible and meet the requirements of the program.
Criteria for Applying for the Free Government iPhone Program
There are eligibility criteria set by the authorities to see whether or not you are eligible for the free iPhone, as the program is designed to help needy people.
- Confirming your financial needs by showing that you have limited resources and cannot afford to buy a smartphone on your own.
- The Government has set a specific income for people to meet the eligibility criteria, which means your income should be below the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Join the government assistance programs as they can qualify you for a free iPhone. These programs are Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Veterans Pension and Survivor Benefit, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- If you are participating in any of the following Tribal-based programs –
Tribal Head Start (Only families meeting the income standard are eligible); Tribal Temporary Assistance for the Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- You will have to verify your valid ID, proof of your address, or other relevant documents to prove your identity and address.
- Keep up with the specific requirements your program asks for, including factors like age and veteran status, to see if you qualify and meet the requirements of the program you are applying for.
Documents Required for Your Application:
All the mentioned things in the eligibility criteria, if you meet them and are a perfect fit for a free phone, here is the list of documents that could be required for your application.
- Photo ID
- Birth Certificate
- Driver’s License
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
- Your Mortgage or lease statement
- Utility Bills
- Your Enrolment in the Food Stamp Program
- Current Addresses of Some Organisations
How to Apply for a Free iPhone Government Online
Here are steps that you can follow to apply online for Free Government iPhone:
- Firstly, visit their website nv.fcc.gov/lifeline.
- You can also, via ACP, go to https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/
- Once you open the link, enter your state. After that, click on the “Get Started.”
- You can log in if you are already a customer. Otherwise, if it’s your first time, then you must create an account and continue.
- After you log in, you will find the online application form. Fill in the details correctly.
- Then, upload your eligibility documents, and then you will be able to submit your form.
- Then, you have to wait for your application to get selected. If it does, you will receive a notification via mail.
iPhones Model Provided Under ACP Program
These are the different iPhone models that the Government provides you under the ACP Program.
- Apple iPhone 14
- Apple iPhone 13
- Apple iPhone 8
- Apple iPhone 7
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus
- Apple iPhone 6
- Apple iPhone 6s
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPhone SE
Reasons for Implying this Free iPhone Program
You must be wondering why the Government is giving out free iPhones to people. You don’t have to worry, as we have mentioned below. We are here to explain the reasons behind the free iPhones given by the Government.
- Equal access to technology for everyone so that people all around the world should have equal resources when it comes to conquering the digital world, as it has become a necessity in the modern era. The Government doesn’t want anyone to feel left out, which can cause physical and mental health issues.
- The Government is aiming to promote digital inclusion so that everyone can participate and get benefits from the digital world and technology regardless of what background they belong to. People with fewer resources need to keep up with the technology as it can help them with educational purposes and job opportunities, helping them to grow.
- These smartphones can provide you access to important information, including you can book your medical appointments, calling emergencies, or use it for educational purposes like visiting digital libraries and online tutorials, trying to make things simpler and more convenient for everyone.
- Supporting those in need by empowering disadvantaged people by giving free smartphones. So that they also can stay connected there and have access to the growing world of technology.
- Providing smartphones to needy and underprivileged people also helps to improve workforce productivity and boosts the economy as they will be able to find online job opportunities and a lot of remote work. However, these things are not possible without having access to smartphones.
- Promoting unity through involvement and connection to society. Smartphones can help people connect with the world and expand their social circle; this helps people overcome social isolation and be aware of their local resources, events, and opportunities in their region.
- Developing digital expertise and technological literacy means giving smartphones to people who do not have access to technology Government wants them to be comfortable with the technology and wants them to explore the world of technology.
|Features of iPhone||iPhone 13||iPhone 14|
|Display||5.4-inch (137 mm)||6.1-inch (155 mm)|
|Processor||Apple A15 Bionic||Apple A15 Bionic|
|Storage Options||128 GB||128 GB|
|Rear Camera||12 MP, f/1.6, 26mm (wide)||12 MP, f/1.5, 26mm (wide)|
|Front Camera||12 MP/ f/2.2||12MP/ f/1.9|
|Battery Life||89h endurance rating||90h endurance ratings|
|Operating System||iOS 15 (upgradeable to iOS 16)||iOS 16|
If you are a person with a low income and fewer resources but still want to keep up with the digital world and technologies, the article, as mentioned earlier, is for you. You can apply for a free government smartphone, that too, an iPhone, through the ways and websites given above.
Hope you find this article helpful!
- Take Passvers iOS System Recovery Prepared At 30% Cheaper to Welcome New iPhone 15 and iOS 17!
- How to Keep YouTube Music Playing in the Background on iPhone?
- Apple Issues Emergency Warning to iPhone Users