Are you pissed off with Experian’s late payment service and want to cancel your Experian membership? Well! Don’t worry at all! This article gives you a step-by-step guide and helps you in canceling your membership.
Experian is a popular credit reporting agency that provides a wide range of services that help in managing your credit and financial information. But if you have achieved your financial goals or you won’t longer need their services. This guide will walk you through the process of canceling your Experian membership easily.
Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
What is an Experian Membership?
Experian is a multinational credit reporting agency that is Ireland-based, but monitors sound 37 countries. The company provides a subscription service that gathers and sends detailed credit reports several times a year. It will allow you to monitor your credit card history and quickly understand any changes that occur over time. Furthermore, Experian also offers services such as identity theft protection, credit freezing, and other subscription services.
Reasons Why To Cancel
Here are the reasons why users consider canceling their Experian membership. These reasons are:
- Financial Management: Those users who have successfully improved their credit standing or no longer need ongoing credit monitoring. Therefore, canceling the Experian membership will lessen their expenses.
- Duplicate Services: Some users already have services in order to secure their credit or identity. Hence, they do not require Experian membership.
- Changing Needs: They will change their financial priorities over time. Although people used Experian’s services in the past, they won’t need it anymore.
Cancel Your Experian Membership via Online
You can easily call off your Experian membership while browsing their website on your iPhone or Mac. Follow these given steps in order to cancel the Experian online:
- Head to the Experian website (www.experian.com)
- Click the ‘Sign In’ button at the top right of the screen.
- Insert your account details and log in.
- Select the’ No’ option if you are instructed to subscribe to a new service.
- Select the ‘My Subscriptions’ button on your homepage.
- If you get more than one subscription, then choose your preference which you want to cancel.
- Click the ‘Cancel’ button.
- If prompted, then confirm your choice.
|Note: This option won’t work if you log in to your account from inside the U.S. You can even switch to the free version instead of canceling it completely. In this case, you need to cancel using one of the other options.|
Moreover, you can continue to access the service even after the cancellation of your subscription until the next billing date. Then, it will change your subscription to the free version, and you cannot be charged for it.
Cancel Experian Over the Phone
Here is how to do it:
- Make a call to Experian’s customer support at 1-866-617-1894. Here are their hours:
|Mon-Fri: 6 am to 6 pm PST/9 am to 9 pm EST.|
|Sat-Sun: 8 am to 5 pm PST/ 11 am to 8 pm EST|
- Follow the prompts in order to connect with a representative.
- Tell them to cancel your Experian membership as well as provide your account information.
- Note down the cancellation confirmation number or any other details told by the representative.
Note: Remember to keep a record of your cancellation if it is not canceled so you can contact Experian again.
Cancel Experian Membership Through Email
Here is the step-by-step guide to canceling Experian membership through email. Here is how to do it:
- First, compose an email to their customer support at email@example.com.
- Besides the heading of the Subject, type “Membership Cancellation Request.”
- Then, write your full name, contact information, and account details in the body of the email.
- Mention your request about canceling your Experian membership.
- Make sure to show some courtesy and polite nature in your communication.
You can easily cancel your Experian membership in no time either online, by phone, or by sending emails. Whether you are accessing a different service or no longer use credit monitoring, Experian’s user-friendly interface makes it easier and a hassle-free cancellation experience.
- How To Cancel a Sams Club Membership
- How To Cancel Walmart Plus Membership
- 6 Unique Ways to Cancel Weight Watchers Membership