Are you bored of playing in the same world in Minecraft game and want to explore its new adventures? This setup will guide you on how you can download and install Minecraft maps on PC, iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.
Minecraft maps are user-created worlds and environments that players download and enjoy the adventures in the game. So let’s get started.
Check this out: How to Download & Install Shaders in Minecraft?
Table of Contents
How to Download Minecraft Maps
Minecraft was only launched for PC (Java) in 2009; after its huge success and popularity, Mojang’s Company launched this game for other platforms like iOS and Android devices in 2011. In this update, the company launched two editions, Minecraft Java Edition and Minecraft Bedrock Edition.
Both editions are completely different from each other, and their downloading formats are also different. Maps and user-created maps are available to download and upload in two formats: .zip file format and .mcworld file.
- The .zip file format is for Java players, and it is available to download on Windows, Android, and iOS.
- The .mcworld file is for Bedrock Edition, and it is available for Windows 10, iOS, and Android.
If you want to download Minecraft maps, you have to confirm which Minecraft edition you want to play. Then, start downloading maps to enhance your game experience.
These maps are available in several categories, including
- Adventure maps
- Survival maps
- Puzzle maps
- Parkour maps
- Maze maps
- Horror maps and more
However, these maps are usually found on the official MinecraftMaps website. You can also find custom maps on some other popular and trusted sites that are Planet Minecraft, MinecraftSix, MCPEDL, and Noxcrew.
How to Download and Install Minecraft Maps on PC (Java Edition)
- Visit the official Minecraft maps or user-created website.
- Choose the map that you want to download. (You can also search for the wanted map on the search bar).
- Scroll down and hit the download button.
NOTE: For some map sites, you have to click some other link and map image before you can able to click the download button. However, you may also have to skip the Ad in the upper right corner of the page to continue to the download page after clicking the download button.
- The downloaded file will save in Zip and RAR format; you have to unzip this file on your computer. If you have a Windows PC, extract the files from the .zip folder before installing the map. But if you are a Mac user, double-click this folder, and the folder will be unzipped.
- Copy the unzipped folder by clicking Ctrl + C on Windows or Command + C on Mac.
- Then press the Windows key + R to open the Run Command, Type %appdata% into the box and press OK.
- Open the .minecraft folder and open the saves folder.
- Paste the Minecraft saves folder into the maps folder.
- Launch Minecraft, click on play and choose single-player.
- A full list of worlds that are available to play, including the custom map that you have downloaded.
- Select the new map and click Play Selected World.
- Wait some moments, and the custom map is loaded and starts playing.
Note: Minecraft Bedrock edition is available for Windows 10; however, the download process of maps is the same as the Java edition.
Download and Upload Maps on iPhone/iPad (Minecraft Bedrock Edition)
Minecraft Java edition is not available for iPhone and iPad. However, for downloading the Minecraft maps on iOS devices, Mojang launched Bedrock Edition. Moreover, players can’t directly download the Minecraft maps on their iphone or iPad. They have to use the iExplorer program on their PC that allows them to place files on their iPhones and iPads.
- Download the Minecraft PE map that you want to play and extract the folder.
- Connect your iOS device and computer with a USB cable, and then open iExplorer.
- Click the Apps, and you will find it on the right side of the iExplorer menu.
- Click Minecraft PE, and then Click the document folder, and then the games folder.
- Now, open the com.mojang and click the Minecraftworld folder. In this minecraftworld folder, all your maps are found.
- Add your Minecraft PE map folder into minecraftsworld folder.
Download and Upload Minecraft Maps on Android (Bedrock Edition)
You can download and upload Minecraft maps in two formats: .mcworld format and zip file format. Here is how you can download and upload maps on Android in both formats.
How to Download and Install Minecraft Maps in .mcworld Format
- Visit the Mcpedl website to download maps on your Android device.
- Click on the three lines in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Now click on Mcworld and select and download a map that you want to add to your Minecraft game.
- After that, Download the Astro File Manager from the Play Store.
- Open the Astro file manager and click the downloads folder.
- Now press and hold the .mcworld file and select More at the bottom right corner.
- Then click on Open with option Select Minecraft and then choose Always and enjoy your new world in the Minecraft game.
How to Download and Install Minecraft Maps in a Zip File
- Go to the Mcpedl website and select the map you want to download.
- Click the .zip download link to download the file.
- After that, Download the Astro File Manager from the Play Store.
- Go to the Astro File Manager, press and hold the zip file you downloaded earlier, and click on More at the bottom of the page.
- Click on Extract, and choose Extract to (map name) to extract the downloaded file.
- Open the extracted folder and copy the inside folder, then go back to the file manager main page and click on main storage.
- Open the games folder, and click on com. Mojang.
- Then click on the Minecraftworld folder, paste the copied folder, and enjoy playing the new map on your Minecraft game.
Alternative Method of Downloading and Installing Minecraft Maps (Bedrock Edition)
All of the above methods of Downloading and installing Minecraft maps on iPhone, iPad, and Android devices are hard and time-consuming tasks. Here, we share the straightforward process of downloading and installing maps on Minecraft through the Minecraft Pocket Edition App.
- Go to the Google Play Store and download Maps for Minecraft PE by Torge Limited. If you are an iOS user, open the App Store and install Maps for Minecraft PE – Pocket Edition by KISSAPP, S.L.
- Open the map app, choose the map you want to add, and click on the Install button.
- Now, the pop-up page for External Storage permission appears here; tap the Allowed option.
- Hit on the Install button again and select Minecraft from the menu.
- Open the Minecraft Pocket Edition and load the map that you have downloaded.
Difference Between Java and Bedrock Edition of Minecraft
Following are some differences between Minecraft Java Edition and Bedrock – Pocket Edition.
|Minecraft Java Edition
|Minecraft BedRock edition
|Java edition is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux users.
|Bedrock edition is available on various platforms such as PC, Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android devices.
|You can download and customize your skin in the game and upload it.
|You can’t download and customize your skins in the game.
|Players can change their play style experience by downloading community mods.
|In this edition, players can’t download mods to change their play style experience.
|Java users can able to play with other Java users.
|Bedrock users can play with other bedrock users no matter what devices they whom playing.
|This edition requires a higher computer system to run smoothly.
|This edition works perfectly on every device.
If you feel like your Minecraft game is losing its charm, consider entering new maps to breathe life into it. With that, you are ready to download and install Minecraft maps according to your device and the Minecraft edition you have purchased.
- Minecraft Hacked Clients: Download The Best One
- The Best Minecraft Mods till 2023
- Minecraft Commands for 2023
- How to Fix Minecraft Exit Code 0 Crash
- Different Ways To Fix Minecraft Exit Code 1073740940