If you are using Apple Pay for the first time and don’t know how to pay someone with it. So here we will let you know everything. So let’s get started.
Apple Pay is the most convenient way to make in-store or online purchases, as you don’t have to take your wallet out at stores, as many online retailers now accept it at checkout. Apple users in the United States can use Apple Pay to send and receive money with their friends and family securely, conveniently, and rapidly. Also, you can ask for money from other people, and the funds are added to your account.
Once you set up Apple Pay on your device, you can use Apple Pay for contactless payments with any linked card, including an Apple cash card. So let’s discuss how to send & receive payments with Apple Pay.
Note: Remember that paying someone with apple pay is only available for US citizens.
Table of Contents
How to Pay Someone With Apple Pay Via iMessage
To send and receive money with Apple Pay, first you have to set up apple pay on your device. Regardless of using the Apple Wallet app, you can also send money directly via iMessage. Here’s how you can do it.
- Launch the Messages App and view the conversation with the person you want to pay.
- Enter a message, then tap the Apple Pay icon on the left.
- Choose the plus (+) or (-) options to set the amount you want to send, or click the Show keyboard option to enter a particular amount.
- Press the send button in the message to send the payment, and validate the payment using Face ID, Touch ID, or passcode.
- Wait for payment to proceed; you will get a verification message once it’s complete.
Request Money From Someone via iMessage
If you want to request money from other people via the Messages app, view a chat with that person and tap the app icon. Choose the Apple Cash icon, select an amount, and tap the Request button. Add a message to the text & send it.
Then the receiver will get the request as a text. All they have to do is tap the Pay option to send you the money.
Send Money to Other People via Wallet App
You can also use the Apple Wallet app to send, receive or request money from another person directly. Here’s how you can do it.
- Navigate to the Wallet App on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on your cash card, and then tap the Send button.
- Enter the name, email address, or contact number to whom you wish to send money. Tap Next, then enter the amount of money you wish to send the person. Now tap “Send with Messages.”
- iMessage views the amount shown as a small card. Enter a text and then hit the arrow to send the text. Double-hit the side button to activate the withdrawal and confirm the transaction with Face ID, Touch ID, or Pin.
Moreover, you can also use Siri to send or receive money via Apple cash by saying, “Hey Siri, Apple pay $10 to Stewart” or “Hey Siri, request $50 to Stephen.
Request Money From Other Person via Wallet App
You can also ask for money from other people. For this, go to the wallet app, choose apple cash > Request> enter the name, contact number, or email address of the person you request. Then enter “Next” and type the amount of money.
Next, select the “Request with Messages” option to view the request in the Message app. A tiny card will emerge displaying the requested amount. Then, tap the send option. The person will get the request; they have to tap the “pay” option to approve the money transfer.
Once a person transfers the money, you will be notified. You can confirm the transfer by opening the wallet app > Apple cash card, then check the latest transaction.
Q1. How to send money from Apple watch?
First, you have toset up a debit card for apple pay on your smartwatch. Launch Messages > View a chat with the recipient > Tap Apple Pay. You can opt for an amount by tapping the (+) or (-) options, turning the digital crown, tapping the dollar amount, and then turning the Digital Crown to choose a particular number. Tap the Pay option.
Q2. How to send money in Wallet app?
Here’s a step-by-step guide to sending money in a wallet app using apple cash:
- Launch wallet > Apple cash card.
- Then, Tap send or request, then choose or add the person you wish to send money to.
- Select Next and enter the amount you wish to send.
- Tap send option, and verify the payment with Face ID, Touch ID, or password.
Apple Cash makes it easier for iOS users to send or request money from someone. Once you set up apple pay, users can simply tap the Apple Cash icon in their text messages to send money via iMessage & Wallet app. We have mentioned the ways to send money to someone with Apple Way.
- Does Walmart Take Apple Pay in 2023?
- How to Change Apple Id Payment Method on iPhone
- How to Activate Apple Card (Helpful Guide)