“How to trade in Pokémon Go” has been essential in catching the Pokémon in the game. Pokémon Go has one of the features where you can trade. It is simply helpful in exchanging your extra Pokémon with other players that you need or want. You can change Pokémon, especially legendary, mythical, shiny, perfect, and new Pokédex entries.
What is trade in Pokémon Go?
Let’s have a conversation about what the trade is all about in Pokémon Go!
You can trade Pokémon in Pokémon Go if you are close to your friend and have a level 10 or above trainer. Trading can earn you a bonus candy for Pokémon you’ve traded away. That bonus can also increase your chances of locating your traded Pokémon apart from each other. Stardust sponsors all these trades, while some swaps may need more Stardust than others. Once you’ve made a friend with a trader, you’ll be able to do your trading with a lot less Stardust.
Certain Pokémon, such as a Legendary Pokémon, a Shiny Pokémon, or any Pokémon not found in your Pokédex, require one-of-a-kind trading. Before trading away Golden Magikarp, particular trading takes place once a day, either with your best friend or a great friend. It also requires a lot of Stardust to crack the trading deal. Special trades are an excellent way to demonstrate your interest and concern in the trading process to your friend.
How does special trading work in Pokémon Go?
Special trading appears at level 10 or higher to trade Pokémon in Pokémon Go. You need to follow several given steps to accomplish the special trading.
- First, befriend the person with whom you want to trade. Asking for a trainer code and sending it to your friend as a friend request could be the first step to getting your friend into special trading.
- Next, you can meet up with your friend you want to trade in Pokémon Go. Be within 100 meters of each other to trade availability.
- You can then select the Pokémon you want to trade and let your friend choose the Pokémon they want to trade for it.
- Review the trading details and consider your desire to trade the Pokémon you want, including CP and HP ranges. You note that IV is re-rolled when you start trading, so it is better to trade low IV Pokémons with chances of improving them as you lose those stats trading 100% Pokémon.
- Then click next will let you confirm your trade once again, then you can confirm it by tapping “confirm.”
What does Stardust cost in Pokémon Go?
The stardust cost varies significantly depending on the friendship level between two players and the Pokémon they are trading. You can sell Pokémon like Pikachu and Squirtle for the minimal amount of 100 stardust. Special trading involving Legendary, Shiny, and new for your Pokédex is a different story altogether. You can start at 1 million stars with your good friend. Once you become a best friend, you trade a Legendary, Shiny, or New Pokémon for just 40,000 stardust.
“Good friend level” is the fundamental aspect of trade. As you get one level higher in friendship, you get Stardust discounted for your trading.
- A good friendship receives a 0% discount.
- Great friendship takes a 20% discount.
- Ultra friendship takes 92%.
- A best friend takes a 96% discount
What are the special trade restrictions in Pokémon Go?
- You can make one special trade-in Pokémon Go daily.
- You can also only sell mythical Pokémon to one person per account. You can’t sell Mew in a special trade. Darkrai participated in the Legendary Raid on Halloween, although Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi revealed themselves in special research.
- Both people participating in special trades in Pokémon Go will pay the same amount of Stardust. Even if you are making a special trade for Pidgey, you will have to pay the highest stardust cost whenever it occurs.
- Pokémon in the trade permanently get changed IVs and stats to prevent cheating in Pokémon Go. Players are unable to sell their 100% IV Pokémon. Trading limits also discourage them from re-rolling for better IVs as well.
Although you can get a higher potential IV with a higher friendship level, this encourages trading between actual friends with reduced stardust costs in Pokémon Go.
You better not keep trading until you get higher IVs in the Pokémon Go trade. To restrict some trainers from re-rolling Pokémon trading stats, all Pokémon can’t get into it again. These features boost it without any inequality and injustice to anyone in the transaction.
What is the lucky trade in Pokémon Go?
Some transactions are better than others, and they come with a lot of advantages in Pokémon Go. The Lucky Trade is to have high stats while spending the least amount of Stardust to power up. The lucky trade seems to appear randomly, but there are some ways to increase your chances.
- There are higher chances of getting a lucky trade with fewer lucky Pokémon. Older Pokémon tend to get random trades and get more extended time in your Pokédex.
- Secondly, you can increase your chances of a lucky trade with your best friend. Every time you interact with your best friend, you have the option of becoming lucky friends. Once you become lucky friends, you are more likely to get the lucky trade in Pokémon Go.
A trade evolution mechanism is incorporated into the game in the recent Pokémon go upgrade of Jan 2020. There are some species in the Pokémon Go game that need trade evolution. It would help select a few species for trading evolution. You can also sell them without development. As you sell them, they can quickly evolve freely.
The species that mainly require evolution are Kadabra, Graveler, Machoke, Haunter, Boldore, Karrablast, Gurdurr, and Shelmet.
Trading in Pokémon Go was recent incorporation into the game. It was an essential part of the game as it has changed the trends for new users. You can also get the chance to use a virtual location changer to trade effortlessly with your friends staying in far-off places. Trade-in Pokémon Go and trade evolution are intelligent and quick ways to get ahead in the game. So, as a Pokémon Go player, you must try it out.