THIS IS SO EASY WAY TO DISABLE SUBTITLES ON HBO MAX…
- Open mobile > Open HBO max™ app > Choose a Movie or series
- Tap audio & subtitles
- Tap CC button
- Choose turn off the caption > Tap X to save your changes
If you want to turn off the subtitles on HBO Max, it is not a problem. You can quickly turn it off by following the article guide. HBO max™ is one of the most popular streaming service subscriptions, which only costs $10/ month. And it offers back-to-back movies, series, cartoons, and shows with subtitles.
However, the closed captions option is featured with almost every video, but if you don’t want it or you accidentally left as, turn it on. So, by following this guide – you can turn it off on many platforms or mobile devices. And you may also check out How to Watch Venom 2 HBO Max, Netflix & Disney+.
Table of Contents
How to Turn off Subtitles on HBO Max (The Adjustment of CC)
The video-on-demand streaming service subtitles option is almost available on every streamer’s website. All you need to know is that you just navigate the CC icon, choose it, and you are good to go. But there are certain things you need to consider for every device, such as Roku, iOS, Android OS, amazon firestick, and more. All the desktop, tv, or mobile devices turn subtitles methods on and off are described below:
Note: ©2022 Warnermedia direct is committed to continuously releasing exclusive, high-quality content that keeps subscribers entertained and engaged.
Method 1: How to Turn Off Subtitles on HBOmax on Roku TV Device
HBOmax has another opportunity to play the movies on Roku TV; luckily, it also offers subtitles to watch any movie in your native language. The following steps will guide you on how to turn off the subtitle option on your Roku device.
- Click and play the movie you want to watch and press the star* button on the Roku device remote.
- Then, go to the setting option and close the captions.
- Choose the CC button to turn off the option and click on it to confirm.
Method 2: How to Turn Off Subtitles on HBO Max App on iOS & Android OS Smartphone
Using subtitles while watching the movie transfers your mindset. That’s why we will turn off the subtitle because I will watch a movie. Let’s turn off the subtitle language from iOS and Android OS smartphones.
- Open HBO Max via your mobile app.
- Choose the movie or series you want to watch, and then click on the audio and subtitles button located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on the CC button.
- Choose to turn off the caption and click on the X button to save your changes.
Method 3: How to Turn Off Subtitles on HBO Max Official Web
Turning off the subtitles button from the official website is understandable and easy to learn. The following article will guide you through the subtitle steps.
- Play and watch a video and keep your mouse on over the video.
- Then, tap on the audio & subtitle button, which is located at the bottom right-hand corner of the desktop site.
- Click on the CC button. And choose the on or off option to turn off the subtitle.
- Then, tap the X button on the desktop site to save the required change.
Method 4: How to Turn Off Subtitles on HBOmax on PC/Mac Device
The subtitle subtraction on your web browser is easy to learn, but you have to find the subtitle button to turn off the subtitles to an easy-to-understand movie in your native language. The following steps will guide you on how to turn off the subtitle.
- Go to the HBO Max official website and log into your HBO Max account.
- Think about the movie and choose the movie or show you want to watch. And your mouse should be on the movie square screen.
- Tap on the audio and subtitles CC button and choose the turn closed button to turn off the subtitles on HBO Max.
- Now, tap on the X button to save the changes.
Method 5: How to Turn Off Subtitles on HBO Max Account on Firestick Device
HBO Max is also available and plays on Amazon’s Firestick device. And shockingly, it also has all the functions of subtitles to enable or disable the subtitles on HBOmax. And you may also check out How to get HBO Max on FireStick.
- Press the three-strip button of the Firestick remote.
- Then, click on the subtitle & audio option to turn off or on the selected language.
- Then select off to close the HBO max subtitles from the playing video.
Method 6: How to Turn Off Subtitles on HBOmax on Samsung TV
Watching a movie on a Samsung curve TV screen is like a cinema screen. But sometimes, we sat at a gathering, and many of them did not want subtitles to appear on the screen. So, let’s turn off the subtitle language on the HBO Max TV screen.
- Pause the playback clip and navigate the closed caption icon with your remote.
- Then, decide whether you want to turn on or off HBO Max subtitles for functioning.
- After your thought process, tap on the turn-off button and confirm it.
Method 7: How to Turn Off Subtitles on HBO Max on LG & Vizio TV
Turning off subtitles on the HBO max account on LG and Vizio have the same method as mentioned above processes. But few features are different in every device. So, let’s have a look.
- When you watch any show or movie, remotely click on a select button from your device.
- Move down and choose the subtitle and audio buttons.
- Choose off and then press the black button to save the required changes.
Method 8: How to Turn Off Subtitles on HBO Max Xbox One
Here are the steps on how to turn off subtitles on HBO Max Xbox One:
- Start watching Movies or series on HBO Max.
- Press the A button on your Xbox controller to open the subtitles settings menu.
- Use the D-pad to move down to the Audio & Subtitles option and press the A button to select it.
- Under the Subtitles section, toggle the English CC option off.
- Press the B button to save your changes.
Once you have turned off English subtitles, they will no longer appear on the screen while you are watching HBO Max.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
- If you have turned on subtitles for a specific title, you will need to turn them off for that title specifically.
- You can also turn off subtitles by going to your Profile settings and selecting Manage Preferences. Under the Captions and Subtitles section, you can toggle English CC off.
In conclusion, HBO Max is one of the most appealing watching content platforms that makes your day or holiday fruitful. The subscription to HBOmax is around $10, and it covers all the material that all people like to watch with subtitles. But sometimes, it diverts your mind, so we must turn off the content. This guide will explore you more with the availability of other devices. And let us know on which device you will watch your favorite movie and turn off the subtitle.