Here are fixes that have supported other users resolve the Lenovo laptop camera not working problem. Just work your way down the list until you find the one that operates for you.
There is a known problem on some Lenovo laptops where the webcam doesn’t work. The webcam itself is either not detected by Windows or a glitch with the device driver. Of course, this can be a really frustrating issue and isn’t just limited to Lenovo products.
The reason of this difficulty stems from an issue with a setting in some Lenovo laptops that disables the camera for the privacy of the laptop user.
In this case, fixing your webcam should be much easy to do. However, if you’re not so lucky, you may have some updating or tweaking to do to get your webcam to operate.
No worries, though. We’ll show you what you require to do to fix some common issues you might run into with your Lenovo webcam.
Lenovo Camera Not Working: How to Fix
The primary solution for the Lenovo webcam not working is within the Lenovo app itself. Hit the F8 key on your laptop keyboard, which will allow or disable the Lenovo EasyCamera.
If that doesn’t work, try following these steps to solve your webcam:
- Type ‘Camera’ into the Windows Search box and picked Camera Settings.
- Select Camera privacy settings.
- Toggle Turn Privacy Mode On to Off.
- Retest your camera.
This privacy setting is designed to defend you from the hackers but can be inconvenient when you need to use your webcam.
If the above resolution doesn’t work, we have a few more simple solutions that may get your webcam working again.
These fixes also will work on any Windows system having issues with its webcam — not just Lenovos.
Check the Device Manager
Is the webcam enabled in Device Manager?
Follow these steps to check:
- Right-hit the Windows Start key and select Device Manager.
- Select Imaging Devices, then Lenovo EasyCamera. If there is a yellow warning triangle by the icon, there is a problem with it. If there is a small down arrow by this, the system camera has been disabled.
- Right-hit the Lenovo EasyCamera and make sure there is no option to Enable. If the camera is enabled previously, the option should be to disable it.
If the camera is already allowed, you may as well update the driver. Follow these steps to do so:
- Right-hit the Lenovo EasyCamera again and select Update Driver.
- Choose the automatic option to see if Windows can find a fresh driver.
- Allow it to install and retest.
If Windows cannot see the driver, visit this page on the Lenovo site for the latest Lenovo EasyCamera driver.
If a driver update doesn’t work, it may be worth trying an entire refresh. That implies uninstalling the driver, rebooting the laptop, and installing the new driver from the link above.
Legacy settings can rest in play even when overwritten by a newer driver.
Check the Program Settings
If your webcam works in some programs and not in others, the program settings and not the camera settings are causing the problem.
Just follow these two steps to check:
- Open the program in question and get the Settings menu option.
- Ensure the Lenovo EasyCamera is set to be the default camera in those system settings.
This may be an obvious resolution, but it’s worth trying if you’re having trouble getting your webcam to work.
Remove the Lenovo Settings App
If none of those solutions work, you could eliminate the Lenovo Settings app altogether if it is interfering. This shouldn’t be needed, but if nothing else works, you have nothing to lose.
Most of the settings within the application are controllable from within Windows anyway, so you’re not damaging the laptop in any way.
To eliminate the Lenovo Settings app, follow these four steps:
- Navigate to Control Panel in Windows.
- Select Programs and Features and Uninstall.
- Choose Lenovo Settings Dependency Package from the list and choose Uninstall.
- Reboot your laptop and retest.
Surely, after following these steps, your webcam will be working again.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.