What is a ping in blogging? it’s a process in which you can inform all search engines and the world that your blog has been updated. It’s very important to keep your blog updated daily to drive more visitors here WordPress ping list helps you to easily ping all the search engine to get the huge amount of traffic.
In simple word, WordPress ping list is very useful to extend your blog reach to major search engines. We all know that blog has a big advantage over static/dynamic sites in the form of Ping. Whenever you publish, edit or modify a post, WordPress sends a ping to all the Ping services which are listed under your ping update service. So this way, ping services get notified about the new post and search engine will quickly index them. At the end of the article, there is a list of online ping where you can ping your website online.
Benefits of Ping List
- Index your site in major search engines and directories in the short time to get a high amount of visitor;
- Increase your visibility in search engines;
- It also helps to build backlinks;
- Submit your updated or changed content into search engines.
How WordPress’s Default Ping Settings Can Hurt Your Blog
As I’ve mentioned, WordPress will automatically ping your blog every time you publish a post or edit a post, this is a good thing. However, if you edit posts a lot, especially within a short period of time, then it becomes a BIG problem and can hurt your rank. Some people obsess over the smallest of errors or layout issues on their site, causing them to constantly edit their posts or page. With each edit, WordPress sends a ping to the update services. Excessive pinging like this can get your site banned from the update services for being a spammer. WordPress’s advice for serial post editors is to turn off pinging entirely.
How Often Should you Ping your Blog
- Ping your blog only when it’s updated;
- Never ping your blog when it’s not updated;
- Never do over ping. It’s a penalty;
- Use plug-ins to avoid over pinging;
- WordPress ping list or Pinging sites never boost your ranking.
Is there any negative effect of Pinging too much?
What will happen if you ask the same question to one of your friends again and again in a single day? Obviously, he/she will get annoyed by you. In the same way, it’s good to avoid pinging the same URL over and over within a short period of time. You can use 2-3 tools to ping the same URL of your blog or website. Don’t ping a single URL with 10 ping tools or 10 times with the same ping tool. I recommend to ping a URL only once with a single ping tool and use up to 3 or 4 ping tools. But first, do some basic WordPress setting so that your website become more SEO friendly.
Best WordPress ping list in 2106
This is the list of all search engine ping list service. When you update your post or article then you have to ping this all search engine to index your post. You can manually ping all search engine one by one or just copy the below WordPress ping list and past it in WordPress as explain below to automatically ping.
Manage Your Pinging Activity with Plugin
There are several plugins available to control your pinging activity. But I recommended my client to go with WordPress ping optimizer. Download it and install it. Find option ping optimizer under setting and set ping according to your choice.
How To Manually Add Ping List To WordPress
- Go to Writing under Setting option and click on it.
- Copy the above ping list and
- Replace the default ping list by WordPress ping list.
Online PingList Website To Ping The Different Search Engine Online
You can also ping different search engine with the online tool are mansion below. How to use ping tools? just put the URL that you want to ping and write the title of that page, then simply click on ping or submit button to start the process. After some seconds you will see the confirmation message and your ping is done.
- Pingler:- Pingler is one of the oldest and popular pinging service site in the world. By submitting here you are informing a large number of search engines and RSS directories that you have updated content on your website. The best thing about Pingler is that you can define your own pining servers if you want.
- Ping-O-Matic :- Ping-O-Matic is one of the best in the business. By using Ping-O-Matic you can Update multiple services and search engines about updates to weblog content, with a single ping. They’ve fewer services in their list but all of them are legitimate and important ones.
- PingMyBlog :- PingMyBlog.com notify all the major blog directories in one go so that everyone knows about your latest blogs. This is a great way to improve the popularity of your blog and make sure that search engines crawl and index your site properly.
- Ping.in:- Ping.IN is a blog ping service that pings or notifies Weblog Services such as Blog Search Engines and blog directories that your blog has been updated. Thus enabling them to index your blog fast and make your content available for a larger audience.
- Google ping:- Google Ping is one of the highest ranking and easy to use ping websites out there for your site.
- Feed Shark:- easily promotes your blog or website by sending a ping to its partner sites. Feed Shark pings a variety of web services to notify all search engines that your blog, website, RSS feed, & podcast has been recently updated.
- Pingoat:- Pingoat is a service that pings or notifies a number of services that keep track of weblogs and publish them. Pingoat also has an XML-RPC server. Ping services like Technorati, Newsgator, feeder.
Hit:- I recommended go with Pingler is my favourite and I personly use this to ping different search engine and it is very easy to use. If you don’t want to ping manually then you can go with premium service. You just have to upload a CSV ( make a list o URL of all the page) file into it to automatically start pinging. You can also use the extension to directly add a link into the Pingler account.
- How To Write SEO Optimised Content;
- Internal linking Optimization Benefit;
- Setting Up WordPress After Installation;
- Use “No Index No Follow Meta Tag” To Stop Search Engines;
- How to Add rel=”nofollow” Tag For Specific Links.