Are you exploring to know how to install expressVPN on firestick? ExpressVPN is one of the most popular streaming VPN services. The VPN is known for its excellent functionality and incredible speeds that let users stream content in HD without buffering.
ExpressVPN has a bespoke app for the Amazon Firestick, a popular device used by cord-cutters worldwide. You can maximize your Firestick streaming expertise by installing the application on Firestick and making geo-restrictions, online monitoring, and ISP throttling a thing of the past.
How to Install ExPressVPN on Firestick
First of all, ExpressVPN has recently released an app that is fully functional on Amazon FireStick. Previously, the ExpressVPN was mainly intended to work on Android phones and tablets. That means that the app would appear distorted on your TV screen.
A USB mouse was also required to navigate through the ExpressVPN app since you wouldn’t be able to use your FireStick remote to do so. That is no longer the case. You can now utilize the ExpressVPN app on your Fire TV Stick without any issues. IPVanish or BulletVPN are other top VPN service providers you can utilize on Amazon Fire TV as well.
Here’s how you can set up ExpressVPN on Amazon FireStick:
- From the Home screen, go to the magnifying glass in the top left corner to bring up the search bar.
- Search for “ExpressVPN” and select the first result
- Choose the yellow Get button to download and install the app.
- When the installation finishes, open the app by clicking the yellow button again, which now reads “Open.”
- Assuming you already have an account, select the option to Sign in
- Press through the setup process by pressing OK when prompted to complete the configuration and set up a VPN connection.
- You can select whether or not to send anonymous diagnostic reports to ExpressVPN in the background. This is up to your personal preference.
- Press the large key with a power icon to connect to a nearby ExpressVPN server, or choose the smaller Choose location key to connect to a specific city or country.
- You’re connected! The VPN will stay associated in the background while you use other apps.
Navigating to the left brings up a menu where you can manage your account, tweak settings, refer a friend, and set up other devices.
Can I Install ExPressVPN On 1St Generation Firestick?
Unluckily, VPN apps do not work on first-generation Amazon Fire TV. You can connect to a VPN server, but you will lose your Internet connection once you do so. This isn’t due to the VPN app itself, but rather due to the FireStickitself’s limitations. To get around this issue, you can use one of the following solutions.
- Setup a VPN on your router instead. See this guide for more info.
- Sign up with a VPN service provider that gives Smart DNS proxies. Smart DNS does not hide your IP address or encrypt your visitors. However, you can still use Smart DNS to unblock geo-restricted apps similar to Hulu, HBO GO, BBC iPlayer, and Amazon Prime on FireStick. ExpressVPN, BulletVPN, and Unlocator all give Smart DNS proxies.
Android TV vs Firestick
Android TV and Amazon Fire TV sticks share a lot in common. They are both based on the Android operating system and will run many of the same apps. The main difference is that Android TV is tied to Google services, whereas Firesticks are connected to Amazon services.
Fire TVs have no access to the Google Play Store, for example, and Fire OS runs exclusively on Amazon’s Fire devices line. No matter which one you have, ExpressVPN will get the job done. It makes an app for both Fire TV and Android TV.
How a Firestick works with a Smart TV
Smart TVs can work with apps and streaming services, much like a Fire TV Stick, but most don’t support VPNs. You can still use a Firestick with a smart TV the same way you would any other TV.
Plug the Firestick into your TV’s HDMI port and switch the input respectively. The exact process will vary by TV, but it usually just takes a few clicks with your TV’s remote control. Be assured the Fire TV has USB power as well.
Once you switch over to the right HDMI port, the Fire TV should turn on automatically. You can then command it with the Fire TV remote.
ExpressVPN is undoubtedly one of the best VPN options for Firestick and my personal favorite. It is an all-around product that you can use for privacy and security and unblocking restricted content.
You can use the above-described guide to install ExpressVPN on your Firestick or Fire TV. The Firestick app is designed to be remote-friendly so that you won’t have any issues using it. Share your valuable thoughts and suggestions in the comment box section below.
- Github Student Developer Pack With.Edu Email – World Class Tools For Free? - March 7, 2021
- Fake Address Generator – What To Know About It? - March 6, 2021
- How to Solve Xbox Game Bar Not Working Issues? - March 4, 2021