How to Cancel Your YouTube TV Subscription? Whether you signed up for a YouTube free trial to watch one show, or if you have been using it for months, you can always cancel your subscription at any time.
Your computer or smartphone is required for this. You can cancel at any time.
How to Cancel Your YouTube TV Subscription on a System
- Go to tv.youtube.com in your web browser.
- Then sign in. To sign in, click the Sign In button in the upper-right corner of the window. If you are not already logged in, select your Google account and enter your password.
- Next, click on your profile icon. You will find this in the top-right corner of the window.
- Then choose Settings. You’ll find it near the top of the drop-down menu.
- Next, select Membership. You will see this at the top of the left sidebar.
- Then click Pause or Cancel Membership. You will locate this under the YouTube TV icon.
- Next, click Cancel Membership. You will find this option at the bottom of the pop-up window. Make sure not to press Pause. Otherwise, your account will automatically be activated after eight weeks, and you will be charged.
- The text field that appears does not require you to add any text. A “reason why you are cancelling” can be specified.
- Then click Continue Canceling. An explanation will appear at the bottom of the pop-up window.
- Finally, click Cancel Membership.
Once you click Cancel Membership, you will be taken back to the Membership page. You will see Restart Membership under the YouTube TV logo if you successfully cancelled your membership.
Once you cancel your YouTube TV subscription, you will receive an email confirmation.
If you cancel a free trial, your subscription will be cancelled immediately, and you will no longer be able to access content on the streaming service. If you do not cancel your free trial, you can still access YouTube TV content until the beginning of your next billing period.
Check out our list of the best streaming services to watch live sports if you are canceling YouTube TV because it doesn’t carry live games from your favorite teams.
Cancelling your YouTube TV subscription on an iPhone
On an iPhone, you can cancel your YouTube subscription by opening a web browser and going to tv.youtube.com. Then click your profile icon and go to Settings > Membership > Cancel Membership and confirm.
As in the previous section, the steps are the same. If you have an Android phone, you can cancel your YouTube subscription by using the YouTube app. Here’s how:
Canceling Your YouTube TV Subscription on an Android
Open the YouTube TV app on your Android device and sign in to cancel your subscription. After that, click your profile icon and go to Settings > Membership > Cancel Membership. Finally, select a reason for leaving and tap Continue Canceling > Cancel Membership.
- Install the YouTube TV app on your Android device.
- Then sign in. The first time you use the Android app, you will need to tap Already a Member? Sign in with your Google credentials.
- Next, click on your profile icon. This will appear in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Then tap Settings.
- Next, tap Membership.
- Then select Pause or Cancel Membership. This is under the YouTube TV logo.
- Click on Cancel at the bottom. Do not click Pause Membership.
- Pick your reason for canceling.
- Select Continue Canceling. You don’t need to answer any questions to continue.
- On the next screen, select Cancel Membership.
What Does Pausing Your YouTube TV Subscription Mean?
If you try to cancel your YouTube TV subscription, you might be given the option to pause it instead. You may resume your subscription at any time in the next eight weeks, after which your account will be activated, and you will be charged.
During the pause period, you won’t be charged. Likewise, your current library recordings will be kept, but the pause will extend to the other accounts connected to your YouTube TV account. After you resume the service, which you can do at any time, you’ll have full access.
Contact Support Regarding YouTube TV Cancellation
Navigate to your YouTube TV account (via a computer, mobile app, or mobile browser) and select your profile icon in the top-right corner. Then go to Help.
There is no customer service number for YouTube TV, which is one of its drawbacks. You can only communicate with their support team, email them, or request a call from them.
You can get an immediate response if you select the chat option. Emails will be answered within 24 hours. A support representative can also schedule a call for you.
You might want to contact your bank and stop any future payments to YouTube TV after cancelling. This way, you can ensure that you don’t get charged by mistake. If you happen to get billed even after canceling your subscription, contact both YouTube TV and your bank to dispute the charge.
Q: Why can’t I cancel my YouTube TV subscription?
A: Open the YouTube TV app on your Android device and sign in to cancel your subscription. To cancel your membership, click your profile icon and go to Settings > Membership > Cancel Membership. Finally, select a reason for leaving and tap Continue Canceling> Cancel Membership.
Q: How do I remove my credit card from YouTube on my TV?
- Review your billing history & payment method
- Tap on your profile photo.
- Tap Settings. Billing.
- To review, change, or add a new payment method, tap Payment method or Update.
- View your order history. Click on a charge to see more details.
Q: Is YouTube TV easy to cancel?A: Using your Windows 10, Mac, or Linux computer, you can unsubscribe from YouTube TV using the streaming service’s desktop website. After the page loads, click on your avatar in the top-right corner.