The iPhone 12 is a fantastic device that offers a sleek design and top-of-the-line features. One feature that users may find themselves needing to adjust is the brightness of their device’s screen. Whether you’re in a dark room or outside in bright sunlight, changing the brightness can make a big difference in your viewing experience.
Luckily, the process of changing the brightness on your iPhone 12 is simple. This guide walks you through the steps to adjust your device’s brightness to your desired level. Whether you’re a new iPhone user or a seasoned pro, this guide will provide you with the tools you need to get the most out of your device’s display. So, let’s get started and explore how to change the brightness on your iPhone 12.
Related: How to Turn Off HDR on iPhone
Table of Contents
Why Does My iPhone Device Keep Dimming with Auto-Brightness Off?
If your iPhone keeps dimming even when the auto-brightness feature is turned off, there could be a few possible explanations:
- Always check for software glitches that can cause issues with your iPhone device’s display settings.
- Ambient light sensor issue
- Contact Apple support or visit the Apple store to check your iPhone light sensor.
- Turn off Battery saving mode
- Check the accessibility settings on your iPhone
- Check the enable display zoom feature on your iPhone; if enabled, it can affect the screen brightness.
Adjust the Screen Brightness Manually & Automatically
To Adjust Manually
If you want to change the brightness manually, do one of the following steps:
- Open the control center on your iPhone and then drags brightness.
- Tap on the settings option > Tap Display & Brightness option and drag the slider.
To Adjust Automatically
iPhone changes its screen brightness condition using the built-in ambient light sensor:
- Go to settings icon > Tap accessibility
- Tap Display & Text Size and turn on the Auto brightness option that automatically sets the brightness.
How to Adjust Brightness on iPhone 11 & iPhone 12
Adjusting the brightness on your iPhone is important for optimal viewing and preserving battery life. Here’s how you can do it on iPhone 11 and iPhone 12:
- [1st Method] Swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen to access Control Center.
Locate the Brightness slider and adjust it to your desired level by dragging it left or right.
- [2nd Method] You can also adjust the brightness in Settings by going to Display & Brightness > Brightness. Drag the slider to your preferred level.
For iPhone 12, you can also enable the Auto-Brightness feature. This feature automatically adjusts your device’s brightness based on the lighting conditions around you, which can help save battery life.
To enable Auto-Brightness on iPhone 12:
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size.
- Toggle on the Auto-Brightness switch.
That’s it! You can now enjoy your iPhone’s display at the perfect brightness level for any environment.
How to Adjust Flashlight Brightness on iPhone 12
You can adjust the flashlight brightness on your iPhone at any time. Especially when you take snaps, and at that time, you require high brightness:
- Go to the settings option and scroll down until you find General.
- Tap accessibility and then tap LED flash for alerts.
- From this section of the iPhone, you can adjust the intensity of the LED flashlight.
- How To Change iPhone Lock Screen Password
- How To Change Text Size on iPhone Series
- How To Change Screen Timeout On iPhone