Do you ever observe your iPhone screen automatically turn off after a particular time of inactivity? Whenever this ensues, your iPhone locks, and you must use your Face ID or Touch ID or type your password to unlock it. However, the earlier time this occurs is your iPhone screen lock time. Moreover, the iPhone lets you change how gradually or rapidly your screen timeout automatically turns off and locks the iPhone.
Though when you get a new iPhone, the default setting for screen lock will turn off your screen after 30 seconds of inactivity. But for any reason, if you want to adjust this setting, this post offers a step-by-step direction and guides you on How to Fix your Screen Time Passcode. So, let us deep dive into the post to know.
Table of Contents
What is Screen Timeout on iPhone?
The screen timeout is a feature that robotically closes or locks your iOS device after some time of inactivity. This feature actually has two effects on your iPhone or iPad.
- Safeguarding your Device: You will want to use screen timeout cautiously for security purposes. Suppose you set it for five minutes, or never anyone nearby can access your private data on your iPhone. Therefore, change the screen timeout setting to 30 seconds after your work’s implementation to protect the private data on your iPhone relics.
- Saves Battery Life: Deprived of screen lock time, your device battery would trench widely faster, and you had depicted your data too much more danger. However, if you set the screen timeout to a higher rate or not once, it will have an outcome in the battery life span of your device. Explicitly it will drain the battery at a quicker rate.
Accordingly, it is better that you temporarily set the screen timeout longer. After completing your work, you can go back into settings and change the screen timeout settings on your iPhone.
Inclusively the screen timeout is a beneficial and valuable feature for safety and energy preservative purposes. However, increasing or reducing the screen timeout rate is candid; you can change it whomsoever you desire. The procedure is pretty identical on iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch.
Recommended: How To Change Time On iPhone
How to Change Screen Timeout Settings on iPhone 11/12/13/14?
Suppose you are working on a spreadsheet, listening to a podcast, or viewing a video. When the screen locks every 30 seconds, it delays your work. However, for whatever reason, you want to alter your iPhone screen timeout settings that turn the screen off.
So, this step-by-step guide will change screen timeout settings for all the iPhone sets with recent running versions of iOS.
NOTE: The below-mentioned steps apply on not only iPhone but also iPad to change the screen timeout.
Step 1: Open Settings App on your iPhone
The very first thing you have to do is open your iPhone and tap on the settings application you see on your phone’s home screen.
Step 2: Tap Display & Brightness Option
Now a popup menu list of settings will appear on your iPhone Screen. Here swipe down or search for the Display & Brightness option. Tap on it and reached at the next menu.
Step 3: Tap Auto Lock to Change Screen Timeout on iPhone
When you tap Display & Brightness, its settings show you Auto Lock option, tap on it.
Step 4: Select the Inactive Time you Want
Here choose the amount of time you desire before your iPhone screen locks. The available options are 30 seconds, anywhere from one to five minutes, and never as shown in the image. That’s it.
NOTE: Shorter time is possibly a good option, and you should not pick the Never option. Because your iPhone screen will stay wide open and wide awake until you physically turn it off.
I hope this post helps you change your iPhone screen timeout. You can ask us in the comment box if you have questions or find something confusing. We are always available to help our onlookers.
- How to Change Home Address on iPhone
- How to Share Screen on iOS 15 FaceTime
- How to Fix Green Line on iPhone Screen