How to factory reset iPhone without password? You may require to perform a factory reset on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch without a passcode under the below situations.
- Your iPhone is disabled when you forgot your iPhone passcode and insert the wrong password too many times.
- Need to get into a password-locked iPhone without using a password.
- Forgot passcode on devices that you’re thinking to sell.
- Fix some problems like the black screen of death.
Under these conditions, your only way out is apparently to reset the iPhone without the password. By doing so, you can eliminate everything, including the iPhone passcode, from the device. If you want, follow the below instructions to factory reset an iPhone without the password.
Table of Contents
How to Factory reset iPhone Without Password?
Before devoting yourself to resetting iPhone with the below ways, it’s worth mentioning that:
- You require to remember your Apple ID and password to continue using the iPhone after the factory reset. Resetting an iPhone will eliminate its lock screen passcode but not its Apple ID or iCloud password. Therefore, the iCloud information is still required to set up the device or restore the data from an iCloud or iTunes backup after resetting the device.
- Unless you had backed up the iPhone before you forgot the iPhone passcode, you would get no way to protect the data erased by the reset.
Now, prefer one of the ways below to reset your iPhone without the password. Besides, if you wonder how to factory reset iPhone 6 without a password, you can bypass iPhone 6 passcode with Siri other than using the tips below.
How to reset iPhone Without Password through Third-Party Software
If you’re searching for the quickest method to reset your iPhone without a password, this equipped iPhone unlocker – MobiUnlock is for you! It is helpful when you skipped the iPhone passcode and want to remove the password from your device. Utilizing the tool to unlock an iPhone will delete all its data and achieve your goal of resetting the device. If you don’t need to face data loss, don’t forget to back up your iPhone beforehand. Then, you can follow the directions below to reset an iPhone without a password:
- Run MobiUnlock, connect your iPad to the computer and hit the Start button.
- Check your device model and hit Download Firmware to download the latest firmware version for your device. If the firmware has been downloaded previously, select the package instead.
- After you download or choose the firmware, click “Verify Firmware” to continue.
- After the verification, hit Unlock and enter the required information in the new window. Afterward, hit Unlock to start unlocking your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
- Wait for the tool to reset your device without a password.
How to Factory reset iPhone Without Password through iTunes
Although iTunes has been ended officially, you can still use it as before. When it comes to resetting iPhone without a password, iTunes will support you as long as you put your device under recovery mode. Recovery mode is a facility that enables you to restore an iOS operating system. When you reset your iPhone using iTunes, iTunes will download and reinstall the most advanced iOS on your iPhone, and then your device is reset.
To reset an iPhone without a password through iTunes:
- Download and install the new version of iTunes on your system.
- Enter the recovery mode on your iPhone.
- On iPhone 8/8 plus and later: Hit and hold the power button and one of the volume buttons until the power off slider appears. Toggle the slider to turn off the mobile. Hit and hold the power button and connect your device to the computer. Keep holding the key until the iPhone turns into the recovery mode screen.
- On iPhone 7/7 plus: Hit and hold the power button until you see the slider. Toggle the slider to turn off the mobile. Press and have the Volume Down button and connect the device to the computer. Keep holding the button until you understand the recovery-mode screen.
- Restore your iPhone.
Now you can see a popup window in iTunes saying, there is a problem with the iPhone name that needs to be updated or restored. Choose to restore to reset your iPhone without a password.
- Set up iPhone.
Wait for the restoring process to finish. Afterwards, go to your iPhone and follow the on-screen directions to set up your iPhone or restore the backup data.
How to Factory reset iPhone Without Password Through iCloud
If you have enabled find my iPhone on your device, you can reset your appliance and erase its data via iCloud.com. Before using this method, here are some preparations you require to make.
- Make the Apple ID and password connected to the iPhone you plan to reset.
- Prepare another trusted iOS device that can get verification codes.
If everything goes smoothly, you can follow the following steps to factory reset your iPhone using iCloud.
- Enter to visit iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID and password (the one you use on your iPhone). Or you can also do the same thing on an iOS device with Find My application installed.
- Once you log in, select Find iPhone from the options available.
- Hit All Devices and select the iPhone you want to perform the factory reset on.
- Hit Erase iPhone to reset your iPhone without a password.
How to reset iPhone Without Apple ID Password
A similar problem is how to reset iPhone without an Apple ID password, particularly an iCloud password. If you have signed in to iCloud on your iPhone but forgot the Apple ID password now, you can simply reset the iPhone without an Apple ID password by following the steps below:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Go to “General” > “Reset”.
- Choose “Erase All Content and Settings.”
- Insert your iPhone passcode (for the lock screen) and click “Erase iPhone.”
Remember, this tip only runs when you have signed into iCloud, and the feature Find My iPhone is disabled.
There is more than one method to reset an iPhone without a password. The points you should pay attention to are that:
You require to remember the Apple ID and password on the device to use it after the reset. If you do not have a backup, the data deleted by the reset will be gone forever.
It is important to stress the importance of remembering the lock screen password on your iPhone. The palest ink is better than the most reliable memory. It is helpful to write down the passcode somewhere you can access it when you require it, which will free you from resetting or erasing your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to remove the iPhone passcode.