Do you want to know how to share private YouTube videos with specific people? In this ultimate guide, we have shared the steps on how to share your video on YouTube as private or unlisted.
YouTube is the second-largest website, with more than 2.70 billion monthly active users as of 2023. On this video-sharing platform, most of the creators upload their videos to the public. However, YouTube content creator can change their video visibility from public to private or unlisted.
Table of Contents
How to Share Private YouTube Videos on a Desktop
- Go to the YouTube website and log in with your Google account credentials.
- Click on the Plus video icon on the top right side to upload a video.
- On the next window, select your file and follow the remaining process to upload a video.
- While completing the uploading process will ask you about the visibility of your video.
Key Takeaway: On the visibility column, you will get three options: Private, Unlisted, or Public.
- Select Private and click on Share Privately the dialog box will appear where you add the email addresses of the people whom you want to share your video with.
- You can add up to 50 email addresses; make sure you separate the email address with space
- and tick the Notify via email box.
- Tap on the Done button and click on the Save button to upload a video.
|Pro Hack for Mobile Users: Visit the YouTube website from Google Chrome and click on the three lines at the top right side of the screen. Check the Desktop site box, and the YouTube will shown on mobile same as on the computer.
How to Share Private YouTube Videos (Previously Uploaded Video)
- Visit the YouTube website and sign in with your account credentials.
- Click on Your Videos from the left side pane and choose the video that you want to make Private.
- On the visibility column, click on the eye icon, and on the next box, select Private.
- Tap on Share Privately and then add up to 50 email addresses.
- Tick the Notify via email box, click on the Done button, and then click on Save to change the visibility of your video.
How to Upload Unlisted YouTube Videos on PC
- Proceed to the YouTube website and sign in to your account.
- Click on the Create icon on the top right side to upload the video.
- On the next screen, choose the file and follow the remaining process to upload the video.
- When you reach the last option of uploading, it will ask for the visibility of the video.
- Select unlisted and click on the save button to upload the video.
Sharing Unlisted YouTube Videos Via iPhone, iPad, and Android Devices
- Visit the YouTube app on your phone and log in to your account.
- Click on the Plus icon at the center bottom of the screen to upload the video.
- Select Upload a video, and from the device gallery, choose the video that you want to upload.
- After that, click on the Next button to complete the rest of the editing process and again tap on the Next button.
- Click on visibility, select Unlisted, and tap on the Upload button.
- After completing the upload, click on Your Videos and tap on three vertical lines.
- Choose Share video and share your video link on WhatsApp, Facebook, Telegram, and anywhere you want to share with your loved ones.
Contrast Between Public, Private, and Unlisted YouTube Videos
When you share a video on the YouTube video-sharing platform, there will be three visibility options: either to upload your video as public, private, or even unlisted. However, YouTube videos are default set as public but you can set it according to your preferences.
- Public: The public option is the default setting of any video, and that means everyone has seen your video on YouTube all over the world.
- Private: The private option means only those people can see the video that you invited through email. They must have their YouTube account on those email addresses you give access to your video.
- Unlisted: The unlisted option is neither private nor public. Anyone can access your unlisted video if they have the right video URL.
|YouTube Visibility Features
|Added to a channel section
|Posted on channel
|Shows in subscriber’s feed
|Able to comment
|Shows up in searches, recommendations, and related videos
Benefits of Keeping YouTube Videos Private
YouTube is a platform where everyone shares their content through the long form of videos and short form of videos called shorts. However, the aim of most people behind uploading the video is to make money through Google Adsense.
Moreover, not everyone wants their videos to be watched by everyone. They want to share a private YouTube video with specific people like family members, colleagues, friends, and employees watching their content.
Below, we mentioned some benefits of keeping YouTube videos private.
- It is the best way to share and save your memories with your family members.
- After uploading videos on YouTube, you can feel free to delete the videos from your device. Uploaded videos are saved on your YouTube channel, and you can access them whenever you want.
- You can upload your business presentations, assignments, and portfolio of your work and only give access to your clients and staff. It is the best way to secure your ideas to be copied by anyone.
In this article, we have covered all the important things regarding how to share private YouTube videos. Hopefully, with the help of this guide, you can easily share your videos with your loved ones and some specific persons with whom you want to watch your content.