What is my email address? The steps you take to find out what email address people see when you email them depend on the service or email program you use. Below are general instructions and specific instructions for popular email providers.
There are general instructions for all email services, but there are specific instructions for some of the major providers.
Table of Contents
General Instructions for Finding Your Email Address
You can identify your email address in almost any email program or service by opening the program or service and:
- Start a new email message.
- Look for a line that begins with From. It contains your email address.
- When you compose an email, the From line usually displays a menu choice if you have more than one email address configured for sending. All the email addresses listed are yours. You can use any of them.
View your email address with an Echo service
You can find out what your emails look like by sending yourself one. You just need your email address.
You don’t have to know your address to do that. When you send an email to an email echo service, it is sent right back to you. You’ll know exactly what you sent and from which address.
Echo services, which are typically offered by universities, are safe to use. Known services do not store your message or your email address, nor do they sell or otherwise use it.
You can use an echo service such as the one provided by the Vienna University Computer Center by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a response with your email address in the To field.
- In your email program or service, create a new email message.
- Enter email@example.com in the To field. There is no need to include a subject line or message.
- Select Send.
- Open the email from Vienna University Echo.
- You will find your email address in the To line at the top of the email address.
There are other ways to find your email address, but they vary depending on the service you use.
What Is My AOL Email Address?
To find the default AOL email address for sending messages from AOL Mail.
- Start a new message by clicking Compose.
- The default sending address will appear after your name above the To line.
- Select the address you prefer if you see more than one. All of them belong to you.
How Do I Find My Email Address in Mail for Windows?
You can find your email address in Mail for Windows by following these steps:
- Ensure that the email sidebar is fully visible in Mail for Windows. If necessary, click the hamburger menu button to expand a collapsed sidebar.
- You can find each account’s email address under the account name in the Accounts section.
- If your account allows you to send from more than one email address, you can create a new email and see all addresses by clicking the From line.
What Is My Gmail Email Address?
You need to know your default email address in Gmail on the desktop as well as in the Gmail apps for iOS and Android.
- Start a new message by selecting Compose.
- Type the email address used for sending in the From field.
In Gmail, the From field will only appear if you have added additional email accounts.
- For a list of other email addresses set up for sending in Gmail, click the default address next to From.
How to find the email address you chose when creating your Gmail account:
- Click your picture or avatar near Gmail’s top right corner.
- Under your name, you will see your primary Gmail email address. If you have connected Gmail accounts, the current account appears at the top.
- On your desktop, your primary Gmail address appears in the browser’s title or tab bar.
In the Gmail app, you can see your primary Gmail address by:
- Tap your profile image at the top right.
- Find the current account’s address listed under your name.
What Is My iCloud Mail Email Address?
Log in to your Apple account with your Apple ID to see your default email address for iCloud Mail at icloud.com. In the Reachable At section of that page, you can find your iCloud email address.
What Is My Outlook.com, Hotmail, or Live Mail Email Address?
You may have gotten your Outlook Mail email address from Hotmail, Live Mail, or Outlook.com:
- Click or press New message to send a new email.
- Find the email address listed next to From.
- See all the addresses configured for sending and change the sending address for the current email by clicking From.
You can find your primary Outlook Mail email address by clicking your name or image near the top right corner of Outlook Mail and then by clicking My account below your name.
What Is My Yahoo Mail Email Address?
You can find the primary email address of your Yahoo Mail account by selecting your name or nickname in the top Yahoo Mail navigation bar. In the window that opens, you will see your Yahoo Mail email address listed right under your name.
What Is My Email Address in iOS Mail (iPhone or iPad)?
You can find out what your email address is in iOS Mail by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to the Passwords & Accounts category.
- Tap on the desired email account from the Accounts section.
- You will see the email address for the account at the top of the screen.
What is My Email Address in Outlook?
You can find out which email address you are using in Outlook for Windows by:
- Create a new email by pressing Ctrl+N.
- Your email address will appear in the From field.
- Click From to see other possible addresses.
You can find your email address in Outlook for Mac by following these steps:
- From the Outlook menu, select Preferences.
- Open the Accounts category under Personal Settings.
- Under each account’s name, find the address.
You can find your email addresses in Outlook for iOS and Android by following these steps:
- Start composing a new email.
- The default email address is listed under New Message. Tap the default address to see all available accounts and addresses.
Q: What is my Paypal email address?
A: The email address you used to create your Paypal account is your Paypal address. By logging in to Paypal and going to Settings (the gear icon), you can see what email is associated with your account. If you have more than one email address on file, the one labeled Primary is your PayPal address.
Q: What is my Kindle email address?
A: Go to More > Settings and find the Send-To-Kindle Email Address section in the app. Use this email address if you want to send files such as .PDFs or Word documents (.DOCs) to your Kindle device.
Q: What is my school email address?
A: School email addresses alter from university to university, but all generally end with .edu. If you’ve forgotten yours, contact your school’s IT department for assistance.