Are you worried when your iPhone or iPad shows all the icons on the screen two to three times bigger, and you can’t navigate to the full screen? It happens when the Zoom-in feature is turned on on your iOS device. It is not a big deal at all to bring your iOS device back to its standard mode. In this guide, we have shared seven methods of how to turn off Zoom on iPhone or iPad.
Apple always launches helpful features for its users; the Zoom magnifier feature is one of them. This feature allows its user to enlarge all the elements on the iPhone or iPad screen. This zoom feature is best for those people who have weak eyesight and face difficulties navigating their devices in normal mode.
However, if you turn on this mode on your iPhone 11 series, iPhone 12 series, iPhone 13 series, iPhone 14 series, iPhone 15 series, or any other iPad or iPhone models, and you don’t know how to turn off zoom on iPhone and iPad, follow this guideline to tackle this problem.
Table of Contents
Method 1: Double-click with Three Fingers
The quick way to get your iPhone or iPad out of Zoom mode is by using a touch-screen gesture. Double-tap with three fingers on the iPhone or iPad screen to unzoom immediately. If this method is not working at one time, try it three to four times.
Method 2: Triple-press the Home Screen Button
Another simple but effective method to zoom out the iPhone or iPad display is to press the home button three times simultaneously. If you have an iPhone or iPad with face ID, triple-press the right side button; on other iPhones or iPads, triple-press the home button.
Note: Triple-pressing will turn off or turn on the Zoom magnifier while the Zoom function is added as an accessibility shortcut.
Method 3: Reboot the iPhone or iPad
If your iOS device is stuck in Zoom mode and double-tapping the screen or triple-pressing the home button methods do not work for you. Turning off your iPhone or iPad is a simple way to get your phone in normal mode.
Press the sleep or wake button and home button at the same time for 10 seconds and wait for the Apple logo to appear on the screen. Now your iOS device will be rebooted, once it’s open, the screen will be back to normal size.
Method 4: Turn Off the Zoom Magnifier from Settings
All the above three methods work perfectly for temporarily turning off the Zoom feature on iPhone and other iOS devices. However, if you accidentally turn on the Zoom feature all the time, you can turn it off from the settings to avoid inconvenience in the future.
- Open the iPhone or iPad settings.
- Click on General and then Accessibility.
- Hit on the Zoom button; you will access the Zoom settings.
- Tap on the slider toggle to switch off the zoom feature.
Method 5: Turn Off the Zoom Feature through Finder or iTunes
While the above method is not working for you and your iOS device is stuck on the Zoom mode, and you can’t navigate the settings menu, try this method to overcome this situation.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer through the USB cable.
- Launch Finder for macOS Catalina or later versions on your MacBook, and open iTunes for macOS Mojave or Microsoft Windows PC.
- Click on your iOS device name, and in the general tab, hit the configure accessibility option.
- Untick the zoom and click OK to continue; your device should be zoomed out.
Method 6: Reset your iPhone or iPad
If none of the above methods are not working to turn off the Zoom feature the last option is to reset your iPhone or iPad. Follow these steps to reset your device without losing your data.
- Go to the device settings and click on the General tab.
- Tap on the Reset button and click on Reset all settings.
- Wait a couple of minutes to complete the reset, and your device will be back in normal mode.
Note: Resetting your device does not remove your data; this will remove all the settings you previously did with your iOS device.
Method 7: Third-Party Tools to Recover Your iOS Device System
When your iOS device is facing system errors continuously, the screen is stuck in zoom mode, and you can’t navigate the settings icon to recover your phone. However, in that case, third-party iOS recovery tools are best for repairing your iPhone or iPad in its functioning state.
Here is the list of the six best software to repair your iPhone or iPad system.
- Tenorshare ReiBoot
- iMyFone Fixppo
- iOS System Recovery
- iPhone System Repair
- EaseUS MobiXpert
Download any of them on your computer, and connect your iOS device to your PC using a USB cable. Follow the on-screen instructions on your computer to repair your iOS device.
Why is the iPhone or iPad Screen Stuck in Zoom
Apple devices provide the ability to zoom in or out of the screen wherever we want. While reading and typing the text, zoom in and out on images and videos while browsing, and overall, use this function to enlarge all the icons on your device.
Sometimes, your iPhone or iPad gets stuck in this mode, and you can’t turn off this feature. Here, we have mentioned some common reasons why this happens with iOS devices and it is stuck in Zoom mode.
- Enabled Zoom Mode: If you accidentally enabled the Zoom feature and don’t know how to turn off this feature. Your iPhone screen will be stuck in Zoom mode.
- Minor Glitch: Minor glitches are temporary, and it will setback automatically after a few seconds. Sometimes, it is a cause for being screen stuck in Zoom mode.
- Frozen System: If you are using your device continuously and open a lot of things at the same time. The ram of the iPhone is exhausted, and it is the cause of sudden stuck.
- Software Issue: Software issues are an uncommon but possible cause to get into an iPhone screen zoomed-in stuck problem. It happens because of some recent updates, app installations, and jailbreaks. However, to avoid software issues and safe browsing on your iOS device, always use the Safari browser.
How to Use the Zoom Accessibility Feature Without Getting Stuck
If you want to use the Zoom accessibility feature without getting stuck in Zoom mode, this Zoom controller is the solution to your problem. Follow these steps to enable the Zoom controller, and you can easily zoom in or zoom out the iPhone or iPad display.
- Tap on the settings icon, click on General, and then Accessibility.
- Click on Zoom and then tap on Zoom Controller and turn on this feature.
- The virtual joystick-like grey button appears on the screen with four-sided arrows and one circle button.
Additionally, you can customize your comfortable tapping styles, such as single-tap, double-tap, or triple-tap, for your Zoom controller. Moreover, you can change the controller color and idle opacity option.
Turning off Zoom on iPhone and iPad is a straightforward process; don’t worry when your iOS device is stuck in Zoom mode. Try these methods as mentioned above to overcome this situation. However, if your device does not have any rare issues, you can easily turn off the Zoom feature by screen with three fingers or press the home button three times.
- How To Zoom Out On Apple Watch Series 3, 4, 5 and 6
- How to Unlock iPhone with a Broken Screen (3 Easiest Methods)
- How To Change Keyboard On iPhone 12/13 & 14 Series