The Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet was previously known as Kindle Fire. This tablet model is intended for practically all customers extending from 7 inches. Basically, this tablet is based on Android, designed to have a long-lasting charging battery. But unfortunately, sometimes customers face charging issues that can make such trouble. So, if your Kindle Fire won’t charge and you want to know the reason and solutions for this problem, you are at the right place.
Let’s discover the reasons and solutions to charge your Amazon Kindle tablet. Also, you can check out Change Phone Number On Amazon App Via PC & Handset.
Table of Contents
Probable Reasons Why Amazon Kindle Fire Won’t Charge
When you want to share data from your Amazon Tablet or want just to use it and unfortunately find that its battery is dead and not turned on. In this situation, what will you do? Obviously, you will charge your tablet to fill the battery.
However, you encounter that the battery is not charging. There are some causes that are why the Amazon Tablet would not charge.
So, let us look at some common reasons for this problem.
1. Damaged Charger
One of the first things that can cause your Kindle tab not to be charged is the faulty charger. Consequently, make sure to check whether the charger is in working condition.
2. Defective Charging Socket
If you detect that the charging adaptor is working well, then the next thing you have to do is to check the charging socket. Because the charging socket is a vital component of the charging assemblage, that’s why confirm whether the charging socket is working properly.
3. Problem with the Charging Cable
Another reason that you can’t charge the Amazon Kindle Fire tablet is the charging cable. To distinguish the problem, you can use an additional USB cable that is well-matched with your kindle tab.
4. Loose Charging Cord
Suppose the charging cable you are using is loose; subsequently, it can influence your Kindle tablet. However, if the charging cable is not implanted accurately in the power adaptor and the USB charging dock of your Kindle Fire. That’s why it will not charge your device appropriately.
5. Damage Battery
Another cause that you can’t charge the kindle tablet is that the tab’s battery is at fault. Usually, a kindle battery life span is about three to five years. or probably 500 charge sequences. However, the battery’s life span can spread beyond 500 charge sequences with appropriate charging protocol.
6. Kindle Fire Battery Charge Levels at 0%
Occasionally, you just forget to charge your kindle device for a long time. As a result, the device’s battery will get too low and approaches a 0% charge level. Consequently, it would not start the charging procedure.
In simple words, most smartphones automatically shut down when the battery level reaches zero percent. But in this situation, the Kindle does not close, and this origin the battery to drain lower at a certain edge, making it problematic to start the charging technique.
7. Inappropriate Charging Mode
If your kindle fire tablet is not charging or charges very slowly, notes that you are using an incorrect charging mode. In other words, using your laptop or desktop USB port to charge your device will gradually boost the charging level.
8. Damaged Charging Port of Amazon Kindle
Another factor influencing your Amazon Fire Tablet won’t charge is the charging dock stops working. Due to the charging too much, the heating device or maybe a short circuit occurs.
What to do if Kindle Fire won’t charge? Hasty Solutions
You must first perceive the issue when your Amazon Fire does not charge. Above, we have stake some probable reasons that can cause it not to be charged. However, once you detect the problem, it will be easy for you to solve it.
Below we have instructed a few assessments we can track in command to discover the cause.
1. Make Sure the Power Outlet Works Appropriately
If you are unsure that the power outlet you are trying to use is not properly functioning. You can check the power outlet by plugging another device into the same outlet to ensure the power is flowing. If you encounter that another device is also not charging, it means that the problem is with the outlet. Now you just have to do is that charge your Kindle to another power outlet.
2. Replace the Charging Adapter
To test whether the charger is working properly, charge your kindle fire with another compatible charger. If you notice that the replacement charger is working, it revenue that the issue is with the original charger, and you need a new charger for your kindle fire device. The new official chargers are fairly reasonable and can be easily acquired without any difficulty.
3. Change the USB Cable
If your kindle fire won’t charge, a malfunctioning power cable is one of the most common reasons. To check whether the power cable functions accurately, use another micro USB cable. Fortunately, all micro USB cables are fundamentally identical so that you can use anyone from different devices like Smartphones. If your kindle device starts to charge, the USB cord gets damaged, and you have to replace it with the new one.
4. Charging Your Kindle Straight From the Power Outlet
When you purchase the kindle fire, it comes with a USB cable to charge the device from the laptop or PC. Amazon 5W charger functions to charge the Kindle Tablet, which will take up to four hours. However, when you connect the cable to your PC to charge the Kindle, unfortunately, it will not charge or charge very slowly due to the low power.
In that case, we recommend you try charging your device directly from the power outlet though it might take longer with the third-party adapter or computer.
5. Restart your Amazon Kindle Fire
Occasionally Kindle’s battery can practice a battery synchronization problem. Or if you are using your device for a long time, the applications running in the background can cause heat. Therefore, you can easily eradicate this problem when you restart your Kindle.
Moreover, restarting your device also troubleshoots little current malfunctions on your system. So, follow the below steps to restart your kindle device.
- At first, remove the USB cable if your Kindle is connected.
- Now press and hold the power button for 40 seconds.
- After that, release it when the restart logo appears on the screen.
- Now tap on the restart option. That’s it.
6. Reset to Factory Defaults your Kindle fire Device to Charge it
If the above mention solutions did not resolve the issue, a factory reset could help you. However, this will rub everything you add into your tablet and return it to its default arrangement without assuring you to determine the problem.
Below we have described how you can factory reset while your phone is working on and off.
= Factory Reset when your Device is On
- Open your device and navigate to the settings option.
- Then hover over the device options from the setting menu list.
- After that, select the Reset to factory Default option.
- Then hit the Reset option to confirm.
= Reset to Factory Defaults when your Device is Dead
- Press and grip the power and volume down buttons simultaneously for 15 seconds.
- Then you will see the options system Recovery release both buttons and tap on the system recovery option.
- Now press the volume buttons to hover over the factory reset option.
- When you see the factory reset option, press the power button to empower the option.
- After that, select Yes -Delete all user data by pressing the volume and power buttons.
- This will reset the system settings and restart. Now check if your device is charging or not.
7. Cleaning the Charging Port to Charge the Kindle Fire
Dust, debris, and fluff can plate a power port and origin it to stop functioning appropriately. However, you can make your Kindle charging port hygienic and then try to charge it again.
= Do follow the below steps to clean the power port.
- First of all, turn off your kindle tablet if it is turned on.
- Now turn on the flashlight to see the inside of the port visibly.
- Use a dry and unconducive tool like toothpaste to fix the dirt in the charging port.
- When you confirm that the port is clean, plug the charger in and check whether it works.
8. Update the Software of Amazon Fire
Sometimes your Kindle fire causes charge-related issues when it is not up to date. Thus When your Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet is connected to the internet, it will inevitably download the updates. But fortunately, users can do it manually to fix the problem by following these steps.
- Open your kindle device and navigate to the settings option.
- Go to the device options from the pop-up menu settings.
- Here choose the System updates and then click on the update option.
- After that, your device restarts.
- When the device restarts then, it will update the system.
9. Swap the Battery With New One
Suppose you find that the battery is causing the problem, so you must replace it. But Amazon server does not bid replacement batteries for their device. Providentially, third-party producers offer replacement batteries for kindle fire tablets.
However, if you are purchasing the battery, you must know the part number of the battery you are using.You can find it online and on the battery after you open it. You will need a prying instrument and screwdriver to open your amazon kindle tab.
Below we have instructed the step you can follow to open the device, then remove and place the new battery of your kindle device.
- Use the prying tool to separate the plastic opening of the kindle file.
- Lift till you hear a cracking noise. Release all the securing cases to remove the back cover.
- Now pull up the antenna connector and antenna cable that you see around the battery.
- Then unscrew the four screws from the battery using the screwdriver.
- After that, remove and set apart the battery from your device using your finger or prying tool.
- Now place the new battery into the Kindle and connect it to the motherboard.
- Then place the back case by slightly putting on the pressure and placing each clip back.
Suppose none of those mentioned above options does not work for you. The last option is to contact Amazon customer service for kindle fire to check if they can make any other solution available to sort out the charging issue.
Though we have instructed all the probable solutions that our team come across throughout the exploration. We hope your Amazon kindle Fire Tablet starts to charge after you get why it won’t charge.
If you have any questions about this guide, tell us in the comment box. We are here to sort out your problems.
- 3 Steps Every Designer Should Follow to design UX Page
- Android Chess Games To Try Out for an Immersive Experience
- What is My Email Address & How to Know it?